disappointed!!

Search This thread

mkhader

Mar 28, 2010
HI all,
I owned multiple windows/android devices....like htc hd2 / sony eression eperia x 10, htc sensation, samsung note, htc onex, sony experia s, htc one, and finally HTC ONE MAX.

I was in every form ,at least finding a store for all htc RUUs /OTA , or official roms /firmwares for sony and samung.

and always getting help regarding anything i ever needed, except for HTC one max.
There is no clear RUU /OTA store. and personally , I didn't find even the shipped RUU for my device. the international version.
i refresh this forum so often everyday, and all i see , is the same outdated threads .
is it so hard to find ruus for the HTC one max? why it is so difficult?

believe me, i respect you all...
but it is really frustrating to own such great device, and all you can get is minimalistic/outdated mods... couple of custom roms, not more than 5 or 6

japodude

Sep 6, 2008
HI all,
I owned multiple windows/android devices....like htc hd2 / sony eression eperia x 10, htc sensation, samsung note, htc onex, sony experia s, htc one, and finally HTC ONE MAX.

I was in every form ,at least finding a store for all htc RUUs /OTA , or official roms /firmwares for sony and samung.

and always getting help regarding anything i ever needed, except for HTC one max.
There is no clear RUU /OTA store. and personally , I didn't find even the shipped RUU for my device. the international version.
i refresh this forum so often everyday, and all i see , is the same outdated threads .

but it is really frustrating to own such great device, and all you can get is minimalistic/outdated mods... couple of custom roms, not more than 5 or 6

ring htc and ask them why we don't see ruu. because it's like getting blood from a stone lol.

because of OTA on the device itself they dont see the need to release public restore ruu. as htc practically never fail updates.

i guess that end of day, they know people **** they're devices trying to hack em. so htc can profit by only them restoring it and trying to prove that tampering caused the fault!

thayl0

May 26, 2013
Sorry but at this time I don't believe one has been releashed only ruu is the verizon and sprint ruu.

pradeepvizz

Dec 24, 2010
Dubai
HI all,

The problem really goes down to the fact that this device is so amazing yet does not have a good level adaptation and marketing.

Moving from HTC One to a MAX i could understand your frustration, one of the BIG reason why the dev activity was slow here were the unavailability of kernel sources and only recently it was available. you would have seen couple of high quality devs working active here to get AOSP out for the device.

on the context of old threads, we are very close to the 4.4.2 update release which kind of makes the devs wait for the update so that they could work on them instead of 4.3.

It is true that the international MAX does not have an RUU available in public, i don't know much on public distribution of RUU's by HTC. I thought RUU's were only for the service centers to restore the phone.

For the international MAX, there has been only one OTA from the stock shipped ROM. The Stock ROM was 1.19.xxx.x and the OTA upgraded it to 1.54.xxx.x which was only minor, but i do appreciate having an repository and that is the reason why i posted a stock ROM.

As for the ROM's, personally i am happy having stock,hanks to Xposed! Viper has quite an awesome collection of tweaks on the ROM.

If you are interested in mod's you could try the mod's from original HTC One forum and afaik it should work.

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
HI all,

Other than this whiny thread exactly how much work have you put in to contributing to this forum so it will have more content?!?!

Reactions: belly of the beast

Wonders_Never_Cease

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 10, 2013
Wellll...you could trying learning to do it yourself rather than expecting things to be done here for you....The device has limited development/developers... And soon probably will have even less with the new flagship releasing this month....Good luck in your search for more "updated things". :)

HI all,

justjayhere

Oct 1, 2010
I love my HTC One MAX... And with Venom ROM... Even better! I had the HTC DNA with a lot of ROM choices.. and still used The Venom ROM. So I don't really need 50 ROMs that are basically Vanilla Android variants.

Current Device : HTC One MAX / Retired HTC Devices: DNA, Rezound, Thunderbolt, Incredible, Eris

cstrife999

Jun 18, 2010
Hermitage
I love when people always say lack of development and want 50 copies of the same ROM... Then complain they all look the same. Rule 1 if you aren't going to be happy running the phone completely stock then don't buy it. You don't get a check from work expecting extra mystery money..... Lazy people these days...

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using xda app-developers app

thayl0

May 26, 2013
I love when people always say lack of development and want 50 copies of the same ROM... Then complain they all look the same. Rule 1 if you aren't going to be happy running the phone completely stock then don't buy it. You don't get a check from work expecting extra mystery money..... Lazy people these days...

Become a preacher please. I might actually start going to church.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

HI all,

Other than this whiny thread exactly how much work have you put in to contributing to this forum so it will have more content?!?!