S5- Stability Update?

Search This thread

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
I recieved my S5 yesteerday - and when I went thru setup, I got a message saying an update was available - it says it is 25.21MB and for improved stability. I have not instlaled yet - kind of curious about what it is - and still holding out hope that the bootloader may prove to be unlocked. I realize nearly everyone has said the bootloader is locked - but I can dream - can't I ?

I am more curious if anyone else got this update? If so - did you run it ? See any noticeable improvement?

idtheftvictim

Dec 26, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I recieved my S5 yesteerday - and when I went thru setup, I got a message saying an update was available - it says it is 25.21MB and for improved stability. I have not instlaled yet - kind of curious about what it is - and still holding out hope that the bootloader may prove to be unlocked. I realize nearly everyone has said the bootloader is locked - but I can dream - can't I ?

I am more curious if anyone else got this update? If so - did you run it ? See any noticeable improvement?

I wouldn't take the update just yet either! Maybe the update locks the bootloader(if it is unlocked...no one knows 100% yet)

I don't have an S5...waiting to see if bootloader is unlocked..LOL

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
I wouldn't take the update just yet either! Maybe the update locks the bootloader(if it is unlocked...no one knows 100% yet)

I don't have an S5...waiting to see if bootloader is unlocked..LOL

That's what I was thinking - chances are it is futile and in all liklihood it is locked -but, there is always a chance...albeit a slim one...very slim one...