Connecting My Phone To The Internet via Computer

Search This thread

YewChuen

Apr 16, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hello,

I am using an X10i. I've been wondering, are there any ways i can connect my phone to the internet using my computer's modem?

I am not trying to connect my computer to the internet by using my phone as a modem. Do not teach me how to do it. My question and that question are two different questions.

Thanks.

kunalgahlot

Nov 1, 2010
brussels
yeah ,turn your pc into a wifi hotspot..use softwares like virtual wifi router for windows 7

Note:it will work only if u use a cable to connect ur pc and have a jobless wifi in your pc.. :p

you can also connect using bluetooth,i tried once but failed ,didnt tried much,it wasnt worth that much effort!!

kultus

Jul 7, 2007
pls dont be naive... ;) not every wifi card supports wifi hotspot even with special applications and tools, and the native windows 7 could make only ad-hoc whis is not supported by android 2.1 or 2.2 as I know...I've read many forums and finaly bought wifi router and what I can say its that its really worth to have it...

Last edited:

kunalgahlot

Nov 1, 2010
brussels
yeah wifi card also imp..but most modern laptops and PC are quipped with such wifi cards

I can always use my Vaio for wifi hotspots with my X10..never faced any problems!!

ImS0Raw

Nov 3, 2010
It's not possible through USB. It possible with the stock function of win7 or software for your pc. (Only if you got wireless wifi card in it ofcourse)

Patricks_book

Feb 11, 2011
Delta Quadrant
Hello,

I am using an X10i. I've been wondering, are there any ways i can connect my phone to the internet using my computer's modem?

I am not trying to connect my computer to the internet by using my phone as a modem. Do not teach me how to do it. My question and that question are two different questions.

Thanks.
Try this it will work on All pc/mac it's a video at cnet with a lot of good how-tos.
http://cnettv.cnet.com/make-your-laptop-hot-spot/9742-1_53-28619.html#

FYI I no you didn't want to use your phone as a modem but just in case this is the best way Barnacle Wifi Tether@ http://szym.net/barnacle/ It's not in the market. Just a FYI.

If this is helpful please click the Thank you button. Thanks good luck

Reactions: YewChuen

shchenok

Jul 8, 2008
pls dont be naive... ;) not every wifi card supports wifi hotspot even with special applications and tools, and the native windows 7 could make only ad-hoc whis is not supported by android 2.1 or 2.2 as I know...I've read many forums and finaly bought wifi router and what I can say its that its really worth to have it...
I'm using Windows 7 native wifi sharing right now, it broadcasts as a regular wifi network with WPA-2. I use it for phones, consoles, etc ;)

rrmike1

Apr 14, 2011
^^^This is true. At 2.1Mb/sec of throughput, the Bluetooth will be the slow cog in that wheel of connection.

kultus

Jul 7, 2007
I'm using Windows 7 native wifi sharing right now, it broadcasts as a regular wifi network with WPA-2. I use it for phones, consoles, etc ;)

AGAIN!!! Not every wifi card support it!!! I ve tried ale possibilities (ad hoc, bridge) without succeed...with ipod touch 2G, samsungs i8510, i8910 everything worked, so the problem is only with X10 and android!!! You could make wifi hotspot only with newer or supported cars (my NTB is 3 years old and has unsupported intel wifi card) so this is the deal...

shchenok

Jul 8, 2008
AGAIN!!! Not every wifi card support it!!! I ve tried ale possibilities (ad hoc, bridge) without succeed...with ipod touch 2G, samsungs i8510, i8910 everything worked, so the problem is only with X10 and android!!! You could make wifi hotspot only with newer or supported cars (my NTB is 3 years old and has unsupported intel wifi card) so this is the deal...
I wasn't arguing that all cards support it, I was just saying that when it IS compatible with your card, it isn't adhoc.

BrunoPGomes

Jul 17, 2010
Try using Connectify on your computer. It is free. If it manages to create the hotspot on your wireless card, your mobile will be able to use the new hotspot connection created. It has worked for at least 3 of my friends and it enables me to share connections on my laptop no matter where I am.

Top Liked Posts