[Q] Question about DCIM folder on a brand new phone

Search This thread

MajicManDroid

Apr 6, 2011
Phoenix
So I was cleaning up the internal SD card after flashing over to CleanROM and I noticed that the DCIM folder had a couple hundred mb of data in it. Sadly when I tried to stop the delete the folder was already gone. My question is what was in there.. I had not even opened the camera yet since I had owned the phone. I tired to dissect an odin image but coudln't find anything to relieve my curiosity. Does anyone know if there are pre-loaded images or something in there?

Krishu

Feb 17, 2014
So I was cleaning up the internal SD card after flashing over to CleanROM and I noticed that the DCIM folder had a couple hundred mb of data in it. Sadly when I tried to stop the delete the folder was already gone. My question is what was in there.. I had not even opened the camera yet since I had owned the phone. I tired to dissect an odin image but coudln't find anything to relieve my curiosity. Does anyone know if there are pre-loaded images or something in there?

Even I had the problem some times ago, but I still couldn't get an proper answer for that :(

DuoDSG

Feb 3, 2014
I'm willing to bet that other apps used the camera, even if you did not use the camera explicitly with the purpose of taking pictures.

Anything that you can use to scan QR/bar codes, geotag a location, take a note, etc can be set so it saves the image into the DCIM folder (it may even be set up that way by default).

They wouldn't be pre-loaded pictures, because those are stored in a totally separate directory on your phone.