Need help from someone with native English

Search This thread

amaz245

Mar 13, 2014
Hi everyone there!
I'm developing android app kinda "speed reader" right now. It contains intro tutorial with some text written by me, but such a pity,
my English is not as good as I could wish, so I need some help in case of correcting mistakes.
Could anyone take a look and tell what I have to correct, please?

Here is the text:

Welcome to Sprint Reader. This intro will show all the abilities of speed reading to you! We are starting now at 250 words per minute. It's already faster then the average reading speed of 200 words per minute. Tap to go faster when you get used to this speed.
==============
With this app you can also save your time using Read From Clipboard Feature. Just copy any text from your internet browser and press Read from clipboard Button in this App! With very short practise you will be able to read medium size article in 4 minutes when the others need minimum 15 minutes for it. Or even faster.
==============
Well, you are doing pretty good now! Just imagine how fast could be reading process for you.
If you reading words hardly now, just try to relax and consume every word you see. Do not try to pronounce the words in your head. Feel a sence of the text you see.
You can read all the necessary literature spending much less time. Philosophy, psychology, since, management. Even superficial reading of all this books will improve your personality and create new horizons in life and work for you.
Now lets try even faster speed. Tap next step when you get ready.
==============
Wow! Look at this. If you can read that text - it means your reading ability has reached a new step. If it's too fast for now - go back to previous speed and get used to it.
At the speed of 500 words per minute you are reading almost twice faster than the others do at this time. And this is not the limit. With practice you can make the speed of even 600 words per minute too easy for yourself.
Imagine, how comfortable is the abilty to read so fast. For example, for students or even for everyone who ever wanted to draw large amounts of knowledge in a short time.

Thanks in advance!
I'll be also glad to hear some tips what to add/replace it the text to improve it if you have any ideas.

Last edited:

Disharmony

Jan 28, 2014
Yea

I have edited some of the sentences and Goodluck with your app

Welcome to Sprint Reader. This
intro will show all the abilities of
speed reading to you! We are
starting now. It averge is about 250 words per minute. It's already faster then the average reading speed of 200
words per minute. Tap to go faster
when you got it used this speed.
==============
With this app you can also save
your time using ""Read From
Clipboard"" Feature. Just copy any
text from your internet browser
and press Read from clipboard
Button! With very short
practise you will be able to read
medium size articles in 4 minutes
and the others need minimum 15
minutes for it.
==============
Well, you are doing pretty good
now! Just imagine how fast could
your reading process should be.
If you are getting hard on reading words, just try to relax and consume
every word you see. Do not try to
pronounce these words in your head.
Feel the sence of the text you see.
You can read all the necessary
literature spending your much less
time. Philosophy, psychology,
since, management. Even
superficial reading of all this
books will improve your
personality and create new
possibilities and success in life and work for you.
Now lets try even faster speed.
Tap next step when you get ready.
==============
Wow! Look at this. If you can read
that text - it means your reading
ability has reached a new step. If
it's too fast for now - go back to
previous speed and use it again.
At the speed of 500 words per
minute you are reading almost
twice faster than the others do at
this time. And this is not the limit.
With practice you can make the
speed of even 600 words per
minute too easy for yourself.
Imagine, how comfortable is the
abilty to read so fast. For example,
for students or even for everyone
who ever wanted to have large
amounts of knowledge in a short
time.

Da Xiang

Oct 18, 2013
Nanning
Hi everyone there!
I'm developing android app kinda "speed reader" right now. It contains intro tutorial with some text written by me, but such a pity,
my English is not as good as I could wish, so I need some help in case of correcting mistakes.
Could anyone take a look and tell what I have to correct, please?

Here is the text:

Welcome to Sprint Reader. This intro will show all the abilities of speed reading to you! We are starting now at 250 words per minute. It's already faster then the average reading speed of 200 words per minute. Tap to go faster when you get used to this speed.
==============
With this app you can also save your time using Read From Clipboard Feature. Just copy any text from your internet browser and press Read from clipboard Button in this App! With very short practise you will be able to read medium size article in 4 minutes when the others need minimum 15 minutes for it. Or even faster.
==============
Well, you are doing pretty good now! Just imagine how fast could be reading process for you.
If you reading words hardly now, just try to relax and consume every word you see. Do not try to pronounce the words in your head. Feel a sence of the text you see.
You can read all the necessary literature spending much less time. Philosophy, psychology, since, management. Even superficial reading of all this books will improve your personality and create new horizons in life and work for you.
Now lets try even faster speed. Tap next step when you get ready.
==============
Wow! Look at this. If you can read that text - it means your reading ability has reached a new step. If it's too fast for now - go back to previous speed and get used to it.
At the speed of 500 words per minute you are reading almost twice faster than the others do at this time. And this is not the limit. With practice you can make the speed of even 600 words per minute too easy for yourself.
Imagine, how comfortable is the abilty to read so fast. For example, for students or even for everyone who ever wanted to draw large amounts of knowledge in a short time.

Thanks in advance!
I'll be also glad to hear some tips what to add/replace it the text to improve it if you have any ideas.

Here is just a quick effort at both correcting the English and preparing the sales pitch for native English speakers. Hope it is helpful:

Welcome to Sprint Reader. The purpose of this file is to show you the advantages of using Sprint Reader!
==============
Sprint Reader is an App designed to help you read faster and save time. The average reading speed of most people averages about
200 words per minute. Sprint Reader defaults at 250 words per minute. When you have become comfortable with reading at that speed, simply
tap to go faster. With this app you can also help you save time by using the 'Read From Clipboard' Feature. Just copy any text from your internet browser and press 'Read' from the clipboard button. With very little practice you will soon be able to read medium size articles in 4 minutes (or less!) while others will be wasting 15 minutes or more on the same article.
==============
If you find yourself getting stuck on some words, just try to relax and consume every word you see. Do not try to pronounce these words in your head. Instead, simply try and feel the sense of the text you see. Just think about how much time you can save! Imagine the possibilities! With Sprint Reader you can read all the literature you require: philosophy, psychology, science, management and still have time for other important tasks. Having more time to learn through reading books may even enhance your personality and create new possibilities for success in your life and work.
==============
Now lets try an even faster speed. Tap next step when you are ready. Wow! Look at this! If you can read that text - it means your reading
ability has reached a new level. If it's too fast for now don't worry - simply go back to the previous speed and use it again. When you have reached a speed of 500 words per minute you are reading almost twice as fast as most other people. And this is not the limit. With practice you can reach 600 words per minute or more. Imagine how being able to read so fast will make you feel.
==============
Sprint Reader is the perfect app for students or anyone who ever wanted to learn more but felt they were too busy to read more.