Chicago
[SIZE=+2]This thread has been created for
Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=+3]Specific to[/SIZE]
Vanir-AOSP | Optimization Level Legendary

Click link here>> OFFICIAL Vanir Ville 4.4.2<<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
redLine.png

Last edited:
Reactions: zzmak

Flashalot

Jun 7, 2012
Chicago
Dear followers of this ROM,

in this post I will explain the goal of this specific thread created for this ROM with the permission of the Developer of this specific ROM.

This is a statement made in the Q&A/T template thread:
"While our forum has slowly been morphing, the one area we would like to keep original is Development

The goal is to alleviate the OT banter that occurs within any rom. While the XDA forum continues to grow, we need to help users work within the guidelines created by XDA. Over the last couple of years the average rom being created, has become a free for all chat thread. There tends to be much infighting and mod/developer cleaning.

The idea of this template is to create a Questions and Answers for each rom. This is in no way asking for Development to be moved here, rather any and all conversation that is non Development related to your conjoined Q&A."

This means that non-development related posts, should be posted - with the permission of the Dev - in this thread. What are the most common Off Topic posts, that should be posted in this Q&A/T thread?
1. Battery life related posts
2. Will this app work with this ROM
3. SD Card related problems
4. How do I download and install this ROM
5. Questions about ETA, etc

Last edited:

Flashalot

Jun 7, 2012
Chicago
FAQ
Q: How Do I Gets The Cool Themes And Such
A: They Are Being Ported So Sit Tight

Q:.My Phone Is Blowing Up With FC You Fix Now
A:post A LogCat To Help Us See Whats Going On

Q: How Dose This rom Compare to (insert rom /dev)
A:please don't do this all it will Do is start is a rom fanboy/girl(if there are any) War

Q: Which kernel is best for this ROM?
A: it depends on how you use your phone or what you like There IS No Best Kernel

Q:My phone stuck on HTC splash screen
A:"fastboot erase cache" in fastboot and flash the boot.img

Q:Rom Is Not Booting And I Am S-ON?
A:Remember To Flash Boot.img Or Use FlashImgGUI​

Last edited:

paxet

Apr 16, 2014
This is the room that best suit my needs :good: well done.

Only one problem at all with my device. There are visual artifacts, like when in PC the GPU is so much overclocked. Not appearing all time, only when in desktop.
I've seen this room uses Launcher3 (stock android 4.4 launcher). Is there any posibility to install Trebuchet Launcher? If I extract it from Cyanogenmod nightly (for ville, of course) and adb push it to /system/app or /system/priv-app results in FC when select Launcher from pressing home button.

Any clue?

PS: I'm on a clean install, with no apps.

cannondaleV2000

Mar 24, 2013
This is the room that best suit my needs :good: well done.

Only one problem at all with my device. There are visual artifacts, like when in PC the GPU is so much overclocked. Not appearing all time, only when in desktop.

I've seen this room uses Launcher3 (stock android 4.4 launcher). Is there any posibility to install Trebuchet Launcher? If I extract it from Cyanogenmod nightly (for ville, of course) and adb push it to /system/app or /system/priv-app results in FC when select Launcher from pressing home button.

Any clue?

PS: I'm on a clean install, with no apps.

You can extract trebuchet and install it like a normal apk if you wanted to

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gab1one

Jan 27, 2013
Really like this rom, I have one question though : is the any way to get gesture anywhere on this?
I really liked it in beanstalk.

Sent from my One S

Rapier

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Really like this rom, I have one question though : is the any way to get gesture anywhere on this?
I really liked it in beanstalk.

Sent from my One S
You can install Xposed Framework and there's a module called XBlastTools. That has Gesture Anywhere, I use it also in ROM's that doesn't include it

Rapier

Forum Moderator
Staff member
im loving this rom so far, one annoying thing though i cant seem to keep the xda app on homescreen!?! anyone else with same problem??
Could be a problem with the launcher you're using. I'm using Buzz Launcher and never had any app disappearing from homescreen. I also heard about such issues some time ago related to XDA App. Have you tried with Tapatalk also?

Reactions: zubeedubs

Droid_99

Jun 21, 2013
Is this ROM still for hboot 2.15 or have you changed it to hboot 2.16? I'm asking because I want to update my ROM but I don't know which version is the latest for hboot 2.15.

Sent from my One S using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+3]Specific to[/SIZE]
    Vanir-AOSP | Optimization Level Legendary

Click link here>> OFFICIAL Vanir Ville 4.4.2<<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
    redLine.png
    im loving this rom so far, one annoying thing though i cant seem to keep the xda app on homescreen!?! anyone else with same problem??
    Could be a problem with the launcher you're using. I'm using Buzz Launcher and never had any app disappearing from homescreen. I also heard about such issues some time ago related to XDA App. Have you tried with Tapatalk also?