[ROM][NS4g][4.2.2_r1.2]JellyShot v5.0-final//***Beyond Smoothness***

Search This thread

hlxanthus

Jun 10, 2011
I am running this for the first time, and am really liking it so far (just got it all set up, so the next few days will show how it handles and lasts). Only thing I am missing as of right now is the status bar brightness slider from some other roms, I can still access a brightness slider somewhat quickly thru the quick panel but still. Not suggesting this should be changed, just stating that it is a feature I use and miss.

Other than that, excellent rom!!

makatram

Sep 19, 2011
Re: [ROM][NS4g][4.2.1]JellyShot v2.1.1(M2) ***Speedy+Butter+PowerSaving***

I'm ready to give it a try

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

hlxanthus

Jun 10, 2011
Okay, here is an issue I have had with the only other 4.2 rom (cm10.1 m1) and now on this rom. My recovery is not able to flash zips, restore nands or anything that requires access to the sdcard. This I am guessing has to do with how 4.2 has changed the sdcard partition to allow multiple users. I am on v2.4.1.0 TWRP at the moment, installed via fastboot. I was on rasbeanjelly 4.1.2 prior to this and when I installed that recovery. Made a backup of that image and then did a full wipe and installed this rom. My next step is to backup and full format my sdcard in hopes of fixing this issue.

BTW I found this issue because I am currently running the marmite kernel and am having an issue where the device wont wake from sleep, and thought it was kernel related and was trying to flash matrix into place.

amieldl143

Oct 3, 2008
Brentwood
Re: [ROM][NS4g][4.2.1]JellyShot v2.1.1(M2) ***Speedy+Butter+PowerSaving***

Okay, here is an issue I have had with the only other 4.2 rom (cm10.1 m1) and now on this rom. My recovery is not able to flash zips, restore nands or anything that requires access to the sdcard. This I am guessing has to do with how 4.2 has changed the sdcard partition to allow multiple users. I am on v2.4.1.0 TWRP at the moment, installed via fastboot. I was on rasbeanjelly 4.1.2 prior to this and when I installed that recovery. Made a backup of that image and then did a full wipe and installed this rom. My next step is to backup and full format my sdcard in hopes of fixing this issue.

BTW I found this issue because I am currently running the marmite kernel and am having an issue where the device wont wake from sleep, and thought it was kernel related and was trying to flash matrix into place.

I use touch clockworkmod works..

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app

hlxanthus

Jun 10, 2011
To be honest I only installed TWRP because in the OP it says this about issues from using cwm recovery

-- Reboot? - post proc/last_kmsg in Kernel thread, and here. Before posting, Please READ once, if there is 'kalimochoaz', that's from cwm. Don't post it!!

So I thought I would use twrp to avoid what ever that issue was LOL.

hlxanthus

Jun 10, 2011
[ROM][NS4g][4.2.1]JellyShot v2.1.1(M2) ***Speedy+Butter+PowerSaving***

I use touch clockworkmod works..

Really? I installed the latest cwm touch and no matter what I do it cannot mount sdcard. Heck, I even restored all the way back to locked stock 4.1.2, unlocked, reinstalled it and still nothing. I call that a fail. Right now I am on rooted stock as I could not get my recovery working again by any other method since flashing a 4.2 variant rom. I do love this rom, but is no one else having these sdcard/recovery issues?

Edit: Everyone please know I am not trying to be harsh, I am truely stumped at the issues I have everytime I try a 4.2 rom. And part of the issue is I really dont know where to go to get the info about my issue.

The cwm touch I used was from here, downloaded and fastbooted into place. The TWRP I used was downloaded and installed from goo manager.

Edit: Okay all, I flashed in my favorite tried and true cwm based v5.0.2.3 recovery (color modded and simplified interface) and I don't seem to have problems anymore. I honestly wonder if the latest and greatest recoveries are all broken

Last edited:

Articudos

Dec 20, 2011
Re: [ROM][NS4g][4.2.2_r1]JellyShot v3.0 //Feb-17-2013//***Maximize your AOSP Exp.***

Updated to 4.2.2//M3!! :)

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

makatram

Sep 19, 2011
Re: [ROM][NS4g][4.2.2_r1]JellyShot v3.0 //Feb-17-2013//***Maximize your AOSP Exp.***

Edit: Okay all, I flashed in my favorite tried and true cwm based v5.0.2.3 recovery (color modded and simplified interface) and I don't seem to have problems anymore. I honestly wonder if the latest and greatest recoveries are all broken

Please share your cwm that works for. . I have this same problem and I'm curious if it will work for me.
Just waking up but I will share my current workaround I've had to use on just about every 4.2 ROM I've flashed so it doesn't fail once I'm up and on my PC.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

I don't think that the latest and greatest recoveries are all broken but some people do have issues with their phone mounting which causes an error... something like error 7 assert prop failed.... anyways I didn't have this problem until I had to get a replacement phone when my charging port stopped working. After not getting any thing to flash I figured I screwed up when I was rooting blah blah. So to get any Rom to work this what I do after a lot of searching and researching.

Download Rom to pc and extract it.
Go to META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script
Right click updater-script and choose edit with notepad++ (download if you don't have it)
Delete the first couple lines involving "assert get prop"
I have found some that the script is the first 2 lines and some that it's the first 4 lines... either way delete following....

assert (getprop ("ro.product.device") == "crespo4g" | | getprop ("ro.build.product") == "crespo4g");
show_progress (0.500000' 0) ;

After deleting those lines save it and add everything back to archive as zip file and it should flash just fine.

sent from my fat and creamy CM9tenderloin

FAFS

Jun 12, 2010
Denver

This is running nice, I'm running it on the stock kernel and it's pretty smooth thanks a lot!

zackandethan

Mar 29, 2011

I'm running really well here . I did switch out kernels and the mms. I like the themed one from Rusty's thread. Thanks for your work sir ! I'll report any issues if I myself get any. Clean and snappy right now though .

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

FAFS

Jun 12, 2010
Denver

Is Wi-Fi tether working for anyone using marmite cm kernel

FAFS

Jun 12, 2010
Denver

Every time I take a picture my phone shuts off...

AngelosDracul

Running since yesterday afternoon. Like a boss, sir. I did have some issues with my SMS app. Buuuut, it could have been the fact that I restored over 3k messages. I flashed the themed one like a previous member said and all is well.

Wiped with brainmaster's zip, accidentally installed gapps first, installed ROM, reinstalled gapps, rebooted, boom magic. Well done getting 4.2.2 on the crespo4g!

EDIT: Tried to underclock with Trickster on stock kernel and the screen blacked out. had to do a battery pull. >.> Going to switch to a different kernel for a bit more control, anyway. :)

Last edited:

aldovanucci

Nov 9, 2010
USB not detected

I am curious to know if any others out there are having issues with their phone being recognized by a computer while connected via USB with this ROM.

I have tried several different systems and it is not seen by adb or as a drive.

I am running Matr1x-cfs_v25.0-cm kernel.

zackandethan

Mar 29, 2011

Mine worked fine yesterday and today . Using the same kernel .

NexusZomby

Mar 25, 2012
San Diego

I am curious to know if any others out there are having issues with their phone being recognized by a computer while connected via USB with this ROM.

I have tried several different systems and it is not seen by adb or as a drive.

I am running Matr1x-cfs_v25.0-cm kernel.

Double check that you don't have fast charge on. Because if fast charge is active your phone will not connect to a pc as a storage device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    jellyshot.png

*Instructions*

1. Full wipe before flashing(For easy way, JUST FLASH THIS(Rom-Wiper.zip)! : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21588527&postcount=2 Thanks brainmaster.)
    **You don't have to full wipe if you don't want that. But don't post here bugs if you did dirty flash.For Stableness, Full wipe is always recommended.**
    2. Flash ROM and then Gapps, kernel(CM kernel is recommended).
    3. Boot to System!
    4. Don't touch anything for 5 mins.(I'm not sure if this really needed)
    5. Reboot and enjoy.(login to gmail account..etc)

*Please READ*
    -Use at Own your Risk.
    -About the Reporting bugs,
    -- Don't post bug here if you did dirty flash.
    -- When you are complaining about Battery, post BBS Dump file here. (BBS app link- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1179809 ; Thanks chamonix!)
    -- Reboot? - post proc/last_kmsg in Kernel thread, and here. Before posting, Please READ once, if there is 'kalimochoaz', that's from cwm. Don't post it!!
    -- FC? Provide logcat! Or tell me how to reproduce it......
    --Don't quote OP

-Stock Kernel is included,(but I don't recommend it;it's performance is awful, imho)
    but I recommend custom kernel which has "Highbigmem"(CM version recommended)

-Don't compare ROM and others' ROM. I don't like those things..

-Search before asking!!

*FAQ*
    Tethering is not working? - Change your Kernel.
    Device does not sleep when bluetooth on? - Not a ROM bug! Change your kernel.

*DOWNLOAD*

=ROM
    ##Every Version is stable enough for daily usage.Every build is almost-milestone, so don't worry:)##

Version Name:= v5.0-final
    (Did you read OP and changelog?)
    LINK

MIRROR

Previous version: (Milestone2~) :http://goo.im/devs/articudos/jellyshot/crespo4g/

=Gapps

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip

Gapps-Addon(Flash over gapps)
    Description : If you want Photosphere(For Fully working in crespo, Flash THIS(alen1901's thread)) and picasa sync, Flash this. But This will break Other Camera features. (Thanks to androidphone2012 and doomed151.
    http://d-h.st/Dtc

Changelog
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34880466&postcount=2
    *Additional changelog*
    v1.3.1
    -Only for crespo4g
    -Added Toast in Back to kill app
    -Hope "FC when end call" issue fixed
    -Cleaned up code
    -I haven't tested.

v2.1.1(milestone 2 for crespo4g)
    -ONLY FOR CRESPO4G
    -modified some bools for crespo4g
    -Disabled some 'checking' method
    -HAVEN'T TESTED

Themes and Addons
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34880476&postcount=3

Credits
    Google
    bedalus
    tchaari
    greenblue
    r_data
    androidphone2012
    rascarlo
    Cyanogenmod
    AOKP
    hiemanshu
    daxxmax
    nuclearmistake
    assassinoid(Thanks for the LOGO!)
    Jimdem(thanks for the second version of LOGO!)

Hitting Thanks button is must:D
    Updated to final version.
    Updated to v4.5!!

Enjoy the new build:)
    Updated to v2.1.1..
    Since there was huge change, I recommend full wipe.
    Enjoy the new build:)
    NS4G, you guys next.;)