[Q] htc desire c problem

Search This thread

argados

Jun 1, 2013
This build is for development purposes only. Do not distribute outside of HTC whitout HTC's written permission. failure to comply may lead to legal action.

how to make it disappear? pls

whoamigriffiths

Oct 18, 2012
Behind You
This build is for development purposes only. Do not distribute outside of HTC whitout HTC's written permission. failure to comply may lead to legal action.

how to make it disappear? pls

You can't as far as I'm aware , just ignore it till it boots into your chosen rom , it does no harm unless you plan to lock the phone and sell it where I would guess it will disappear ?
Sorry I have no experience in this as I've never relocked a phone

argados

Jun 1, 2013
You can't as far as I'm aware , just ignore it till it boots into your chosen rom , it does no harm unless you plan to lock the phone and sell it where I would guess it will disappear ?
Sorry I have no experience in this as I've never relocked a phone

the problem is that i ca not ignore it because the phone stays at htc white screen whit that text below and doesent do anithing else.
some one please help me !!!!

argados

Jun 1, 2013
i was tring to instal JellyTime-CM10.1-R06.1-BLINDNDUMB after using the htcdev and a root and than that red text apeard and no i was not useing a tutorial from this forum because i didnt know about it a friend told me about this.
so should i try to instal something else?

aashay960

Mar 25, 2013
Mumbai
i was tring to instal JellyTime-CM10.1-R06.1-BLINDNDUMB after using the htcdev and a root and than that red text apeard and no i was not useing a tutorial from this forum because i didnt know about it a friend told me about this.
so should i try to instal something else?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1947613
Read this thread. It was the first thread I read when I joined and I consider myself very lucky for that.
Make sure you follow ALL the steps..

Now please answer a few questions..
1) Are you able to boot into bootloader mode? (using volume down and power button)
2) Does it say unlocked?
3) Did you find the rom on this forum?
4) Did you install a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP?

First read that thread :)

Edit: Wait a second.. CM 10.1??

Last edited:

616Rick

May 28, 2013
un brick my htc desire c for cricket wireless?

hey there,bricked my htc desire c for cricket wireless and now no image is found when i go to recovery it just leads me to bootloader mode.i unlocked it the first time..but relocked it hoping it would fix the probplem!now im stuck on bootloader image and it wont boot normaly?curious to know if there is a way to unbrick my htc desire c from cricket wireless?sucks cause i barely got it like 2 weeks ago!please help!

616Rick

May 28, 2013
how to unbrick htc desire c from cricket

just wanted to know if there is a method outthere that can unbrick my htc desire c from cricket?on hboot it says no image found etc...please help!

Phenziox

just wanted to know if there is a method outthere that can unbrick my htc desire c from cricket?on hboot it says no image found etc...please help!

First download a recovery image. Save it in the platform tools folder of your android SDK install.
Go to bootloader, plug your USB cable into the PC, enter fastboot. On your PC navigate to the platform tools folder again, Ctrl+shift + right click and select "open command window here", or something similar. Type fastboot devices to see if your phone is connected. Then fastboot erase cache and fastboot flash recovery <name of your recovery image>.img plug out your cable and try to boot into recovery.
Should fix it

616Rick

May 28, 2013
unbrick htc desire c for cricket

where can i find the recovery image for the htc desire c for cricket?can u send me a link of all the necessay files i need to unbrick the phone?much appreciated!

franml

Sep 20, 2013
i have the same trouble

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1947613
Read this thread. It was the first thread I read when I joined and I consider myself very lucky for that.
Make sure you follow ALL the steps..

Now please answer a few questions..
1) Are you able to boot into bootloader mode? (using volume down and power button)
2) Does it say unlocked?
3) Did you find the rom on this forum?
4) Did you install a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP?

First read that thread :)

Edit: Wait a second.. CM 10.1??

i can't get into the bootloader mode, the phone frozen in the htc white screem... please help me

lbchX

Jun 26, 2013
Athens
Boot.img problem!

are you saying you followed a guide here,rooted the phone,installed cw or twrp,flashed a kernel,installed a rom,and now this is where you are at because of this?

Hi to all, I am using htc desire c golfu and I am facing a problem with cwm red message "this build is for development purposes only" specially when i am trying to install via fastboot any boot.img (such as kernel or rom image that is responsible for wifi to work and the phone doesn't boot to homescreen, reboots again with the htc logo and cwm red message below)!. (As with Nameless rom guide,What i haven't done in those two ways i tried to install the images was to take out the battery, I boot to bootloader by holding volume down + Power!

So, what I had to do 2 times, was to relock and flash again the stock rom!

P.S. I don't have a problem installing rom zips with sdcard

Thanks for the help!

me4488

Jan 25, 2013
Sofia
Hi to all, I am using htc desire c golfu and I am facing a problem with cwm red message "this build is for development purposes only" specially when i am trying to install via fastboot any boot.img (such as kernel or rom image that is responsible for wifi to work and the phone doesn't boot to homescreen, reboots again with the htc logo and cwm red message below)!. (As with Nameless rom guide,What i haven't done in those two ways i tried to install the images was to take out the battery, I boot to bootloader by holding volume down + Power!

So, what I had to do 2 times, was to relock and flash again the stock rom!

P.S. I don't have a problem installing rom zips with sdcard

Thanks for the help!

You need to have your bootloader unlocked. Install a custom rom and then install a kernel. Make sure you full wipe before you install the rom. Try the lowest possible frequency. Make sure you have the correct kernel.

lbchX

Jun 26, 2013
Athens
You need to have your bootloader unlocked. Install a custom rom and then install a kernel. Make sure you full wipe before you install the rom. Try the lowest possible frequency. Make sure you have the correct kernel.

I have to mention that I have done the root two times (I have a backup, full wipe with cwm and then flash zip from the card), but i stacked when I had to flash the boot.img (first was when I have flashed the "auto boot img" from revolution mod 3vs3 for fixing the wifi & second when I wanted to flash a nope kernel img with revolution job rom)! It's like the phone doesn't want the command boot.img (even though I see on my screen that it has been flashed but when I reboot, cwm red message appears)!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am not trying to be rude to anyone that is having problems, as I am too but I found this thread because I do what the site rules/suggestions say. e.g.,

Search the forums first it's likely that you aren't the first person to have this happen. Asking the same questions over and over and over again dilutes the usefulness of this site.
    If you are just using this site to pimp your device or because you hate your carrier then this is not the site for you. This is a site where people want to learn, etc etc...

Or words to that effect. I can't tell you how many times I have taken the time to open many many tabs and read the same stuff again and again while trying to see if the question has already been answered. I am not perfect by any stretch even got me a warning or two but I am trying my hardest to be a newb not a NOOB.

I buy broken devices and try to fix the ones I can so I can learn as much as I can about each so that I can make a profit one day as a professional tech and get paid accordingly so that I can spend more time learning how to create my own ROMs instead of just having those kitchens gather so much virtual dust.

I've bricked more than one device it sucks. The only GREAT advice I can give is read the rules and click the signatures that have things like "if you are new here click here". Which is something I need to do asfar as updating my signature is concerned. Like I said I ain't perfect.

Can I please give you a high five and a fist bump? Thank you so much for taking the time to actually post this. Every user on XDA that knows how to fix stuff on his own and isnt a "leecher" has the common problem of people not using their common sense. This is the most common of common sense tips and tricks you have provided in the best layout ive seen in a while. Thanks and kudos to you =3