boot loop, formatting didn't fix it V GS3

Search This thread

Silvus

Mar 26, 2011
I had Cleanrom on my phone, aparently it didn't block the OTA update download.. I got a message saying"when would you like to install the update. I told it tomorrow, and promptly wiped the phone and installed Moar. Moar installs fine, runs nice until i reboot. Upon reboot it goes into a boot loop.

I tried formatting/wiping everything it gives you the option to I think in recovery, and reinstalled. still bootlooped after first usage. I'm not a complete nub, but I am feeling like one atm. some help please:)

twistedillutions

Mar 7, 2013
since your in a bootloop..try factory reset and install a backup file that was working fine if that works . do another factory reset format data clean install the rom and gapps the 1st boot takes a while ...it could be a bad flash or bad file ..redownload it and re flash it ..once u get into your fone do the following to stop the OTA if u did not take it

this how u disable /freeze the OTA 4.3 update
Rename or freeze the apps with Titanium backup:
otacerts.zip located in /etc/security - rename to otacerts.zip.bak
Rename fwupdate.odex, fwupdate.apk located in /system/app
and freeze SDM1.0 located in /system/app

Reactions: Silvus

Silvus

Mar 26, 2011
Thanks, it is in work. When I try and factory reset or format system, it looks like it is starting to do it and then it reboot in recovery... wtf

Silvus

Mar 26, 2011
I tried installing the rom over top of it anyway, it bootlooped out the gate. I got it back into recovery and was able to format/wipe everything without weird reboots. its booting up now, I'll do the download and freeze act and give another update to let you know how things turn out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    since your in a bootloop..try factory reset and install a backup file that was working fine if that works . do another factory reset format data clean install the rom and gapps the 1st boot takes a while ...it could be a bad flash or bad file ..redownload it and re flash it ..once u get into your fone do the following to stop the OTA if u did not take it

this how u disable /freeze the OTA 4.3 update
    Rename or freeze the apps with Titanium backup:
    otacerts.zip located in /etc/security - rename to otacerts.zip.bak
    Rename fwupdate.odex, fwupdate.apk located in /system/app
    and freeze SDM1.0 located in /system/app