moto g battery saver cant be enabled

Search This thread

raniero1

Jan 26, 2011
when i enable the battery saver , unser settings - battery, it looks enabled but if i hit back and go back to battery the battery saver is disabled, i cant actually enable it, its only me or its the same for you? why this?

techguyone

Mar 5, 2011
I had battery saver on, and when I updated to KK I noticed that it had set off, I put it back on, and it's stayed on ever since (just checked again) no problem here.

raniero1

Jan 26, 2011
ok, it was because i disabled the motorola assist app, i re enabled it and now i can again enable the battery saver

tnx

D

Darth

Ya know....having Moto assist enabled will probably use more battery than battery saver saves. ;)

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...

Caz42

Jan 8, 2014
I wish I knew what Motorola apps I can disable as I'm scared to uninstall them as a message comes up saying mt phone may not perform properly so I just keep them running. Anyone know which ones I can safely get rid of?

D

Darth

I wish I knew what Motorola apps I can disable as I'm scared to uninstall them as a message comes up saying mt phone may not perform properly so I just keep them running. Anyone know which ones I can safely get rid of?

Freeze them rather than delete. You aren't saving hardly any space removing them. Then you always have the option of unfreezing. ;)

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Serious? So I should disable it again?

Sent from my Moto G with tapatalk

If you don't use it...I'd disable it.

I'm sure the Moto g isn't much different ...but on my x I tried battery saver vs no battery saver. The difference was barely noticeable ...if any. Without it I get as good of battery life as any I've seen with an x.

denzel09

Jun 28, 2009
Teheran
Freeze them rather than delete. You aren't saving hardly any space removing them. Then you always have the option of unfreezing. ;)

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

If you don't use it...I'd disable it.

I'm sure the Moto g isn't much different ...but on my x I tried battery saver vs no battery saver. The difference was barely noticeable ...if any. Without it I get as good of battery life as any I've seen with an x.

You have tried qualcomm battery saver? If yes, how is it?

D

Darth

You have tried qualcomm battery saver? If yes, how is it?

I typically get 28 hours with 5 and half or more screen time....with battery saver it wasn't much different. Of course my usage may have been different ...but either way I saw no real improvement. Now I have every single Motorola app frozen, except active notification and touch less control...so battery saver isn't an option.

This is on a Moto x of course ...maybe its better on a Moto g....tho from what I've seen battery life is amazing anyway on the g.

neu - smurph

May 14, 2013
Google Pixel 4a
All the Moto Assist Battery Saver setting does is disable background data across the board when battery hits 15% or less. It does allow for a good hour or two of screen time sub 15% if you can't charge. Don't think it has any effect at above 15%.

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

D

Darth

All the Moto Assist Battery Saver setting does is disable background data across the board when battery hits 15% or less. It does allow for a good hour or two of screen time sub 15% if you can't charge. Don't think it has any effect at above 15%.

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

My guess is it would help light users the most. Standby time would benefit.

But like juice defender...not much use for moderate to heavy users. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    when i enable the battery saver , unser settings - battery, it looks enabled but if i hit back and go back to battery the battery saver is disabled, i cant actually enable it, its only me or its the same for you? why this?

Do you have disabled moto assist?