New to S4 looking to root.

Search This thread

mesh626

Aug 12, 2009
Los Angeles
How's it going everyone. I'm looking for a little bit of help or a link to where I can find how to root my s4. It's currently running 4.2.2 I'm also looking to see what setup everyone is using? Kernel,Rom etc. I've rooted phones before but to be honest the last phone I rooted was a Mytouch 4g Slide. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!

baseballfanz

Oct 19, 2010
Sugar Land TX
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
How's it going everyone. I'm looking for a little bit of help or a link to where I can find how to root my s4. It's currently running 4.2.2 I'm also looking to see what setup everyone is using? Kernel,Rom etc. I've rooted phones before but to be honest the last phone I rooted was a Mytouch 4g Slide. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!

CF Autoroot:good:

Reactions: mesh626

mesh626

Aug 12, 2009
Los Angeles
Here are the stickies for our device: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2419828

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Here's a xda video on how to do it: http://www.xda-developers.com/android/how-to-root-the-t-mobile-samsung-galaxy-s-4-xda-developer-tv/

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The search feature is helpful.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2294005

Sometimes you need answer with problems, searching is quicker then waiting on someone to reply.:D

☞ Sent from here ☜

thank you guys a lot. I am now rooted. Now what ROM do you guys recommend me using? I'm really just looking for something fast simple and just want to get rid of all the bloatware from the stock device.

baseballfanz

Oct 19, 2010
Sugar Land TX
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
thank you guys a lot. I am now rooted. Now what ROM do you guys recommend me using? I'm really just looking for something fast simple and just want to get rid of all the bloatware from the stock device.

It's grown upon around here to ask "what ROM". Try a few and see what you like.
If you're looking to stay with TWz but debloated, try dbomdROM or Wicked.
Had on over to the Development section, look at the OP of each thread. They still list what's in the ROM ect. Good luck

☞ Sent from here ☜

jvin85

Feb 17, 2014
It's grown upon around here to ask "what ROM". Try a few and see what you like.
If you're looking to stay with TWz but debloated, try dbomdROM or Wicked.
Had on over to the Development section, look at the OP of each thread. They still list what's in the ROM ect. Good luck

☞ Sent from here ☜

I'm in a very similar boat. (Disclaimer: I'm new to root/ROM life)

I find the T-Mobile stock apps bloated and I suspect they're eating away at my battery. I want to get rid of them and reduce bloat/battery problems. The question is what ROM?

I also don't want to lose all my current customizations and I don't want to lose any features of going to a ROM... I'd love some suggestions. I'm not looking for "best" as that's probably a very personal preference for everyone... I'm looking for what a large percentage or majority of users use... From all my searching and googling, it looks like Cynogenmod is a very popular one.

I just can't figure out if I lose any features from the stock T-Mobile rom... or not...

baseballfanz

Oct 19, 2010
Sugar Land TX
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
If you want to keep Touchwiz/T-Mobile features you need to flash a ROM base on TWz firmware. Look at dbombROM or Wicked.
ROM like CM are compiled from open sources and usually will not have those TWz features (a couple of things have been ported to work but not much).

☞ Sent from here ☜

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

CF Autoroot:good: