[Q] Sim Card detection Error (m8)

Search This thread

shuaibalali

Mar 31, 2011
Sharjah
Hell there,
this is my first post, I don't know if I'm doing it wrong.
I have Unlocked HTC one M8.
I'm Using ARDH 5.0
after a period of using the phone, I realized there is n issue with sim card detection as the phone keep giving the message the sim is not found , like it keeps disconnecting, when you reboot the problem is resolved temporarily but after sometimes you get the message again, I tried different operator sim cards ( Du and Etisalat - UAE) , still got the same issue.
I tried re-flashing the Rom , still got the same issue.
any Idea what is wrong??

steelmm

Jun 20, 2008
Google Pixel 6 Pro
OnePlus 10 Pro
Hell there,
I'm Using ARDH 5.0
after a period of using the phone, I realized there is n issue with sim card detection as the phone keep giving the message the sim is not found , like it keeps disconnecting, when you reboot the problem is resolved temporarily but after sometimes you get the message again, I tried different operator sim cards ( Du and Etisalat - UAE) , still got the same issue.
any Idea what is wrong??

Look like you have a corrupt sdcard try another one

Reactions: AndroidGuru3324

shuaibalali

Mar 31, 2011
Sharjah

Do you mean the internal SD card ??
because I flashed the rom first time without an external SD card , the second time with a 16 GB external SD ,
I still got the same problem , I guess It could be hardware or software issue, I wonder if some one else got the same issue !!

mashk

Mar 9, 2012
Nairobi
I guess I solved the issue , I think it's radio or firmware issue
first thing I did was to get s-off
from this post:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2708464

then I changed my cid: HTC__J15 into super CID
fastboot oem writecid 11111111

then I flashed firmware.zip
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2696282

after that I flashed TWRP recovery and re flashed the Rom,
everything seems to work fine , 2 days no incident :)

You will have that problem again after sometime. It's not a ROM error but rather the simcard being loose while on the tray. I experienced that problem earlier today on my M8. I filed the sim-card edges n now it seems fine.

I'll report later on progress.

Jun 18, 2011
Hi,
I flashed the GPE onto my one and now I don't seem to get any network when I put the sim.. No issues with wifi..

I am on The google CID.

No basebands are shown..

Any help would be appreciated ..

njuneja

Oct 20, 2014
You will have that problem again after sometime. It's not a ROM error but rather the simcard being loose while on the tray. I experienced that problem earlier today on my M8. I filed the sim-card edges n now it seems fine.

I'll report later on progress.
did it occur again?
how did you finally solve it??

njuneja

Oct 20, 2014
I've been fine ever since. People with no wifi or network normally are the one who buy US phones then flash custom ROMs without corresponding kernels.

what problem do you face?
I have an Asia Model M7_u

I was on ViperOne 4.2 earlier so to upgrade to 7.0.1, I followed the steps to do S-OFF and then changed CID to 11111111 and upgraded my firmware to 6.09.401.5 and installed the ROM, worked fine for a week or so and then I started losing 3G network signal minutes at a time and duration kept getting longer until I completely lost all coverage.

I assumed firmware radio must not have flashed properly so I did a backup+full wipe+firmware flash+rom flash+backup again, phone worked fine for 2 days and it started again at a faster rate until I lost all coverage again in 2-3 days.

Tried with 2G network too, same things happened.

Tried changing ROMS and also flashing the firmware I missed from directly coming from 4.2 to 7.0.1 sequentially with the relevant Hboot versions, nothing happened.

And now my phone doesn't even recognize that the sim card is in the tray, it only says please insert sim card !!

other things that I have noticed is that toggling airplane mode takes a lot of time and sometimes it shows the airplane icon and in the settings it gets stuck on "Turning on...." mode

Apart from all this my brother has the same phone and he's on the same rom with same firmware and his phone is working all fine, only difference he and I had was that he was already on ViperOne 6.2 before he started all the steps to go to 7.0.1 and I was on 4.2

I have tried my sim on his phone with both my sim tray and his and it works, so it's not an error of sim card or sim tray not adjusting properly.

Got any advice for me, what should I try next?

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
I have an Asia Model M7_u

This section is for the M8, not the M7.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

I've been fine ever since. People with no wifi or network normally are the one who buy US phones then flash custom ROMs without corresponding kernels.

what problem do you face?

I think you mean "firmware" instead of "kernel". The kernel for the ROM will flash automatically along with the ROM.

mashk

Mar 9, 2012
Nairobi
This section is for the M8, not the M7.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

I think you mean "firmware" instead of "kernel". The kernel for the ROM will flash automatically along with the ROM.

I'm talking about a kernel. Say, you have a Verizon m8 and you flash ARHD 22.1, you'll need to flash the kernel.zip specifically designed for the Verizon m8 since it has CDMA which is yet to be supported by ARHD 22.1!

Note that custom ROMS dont come with corresponding firmware. You must flash that separately.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
I'm talking about a kernel. Say, you have a Verizon m8 and you flash ARHD 22.1, you'll need to flash the kernel.zip specifically designed for the Verizon m8 since it has CDMA which is yet to be supported by ARHD 22.1!

Note that custom ROMS dont come with corresponding firmware. You must flash that separately.

I know you need to flash firmware separately. Do you have the Verizon variant? Because the CDMA variants are more the exception to the rule. Broken WiFi is most commonly caused by outdated firmware, not wrong kernel.

mashk

Mar 9, 2012
Nairobi
I know you need to flash firmware separately. Do you have the Verizon variant? Because the CDMA variants are more the exception to the rule. Broken WiFi is most commonly caused by outdated firmware, not wrong kernel.

Yes I've the Verizon variant and you must flash both. An updated firmware without the corresponding kernel wont work.

mirffankhan

Dec 26, 2014
Hi , i am having problem, my dual M8 sim cards not detecting. can you please help.

Hi , i am having problem, my dual M8 sim cards not detecting. can you please help.
I Lives in Dubai, if you can call me , I will be gratefull, as am trying to solve this problem since 2 weeks , but no luck

I guess I solved the issue , I think it's radio or firmware issue
first thing I did was to get s-off
from this post:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2708464

then I changed my cid: HTC__J15 into super CID
fastboot oem writecid 11111111

then I flashed firmware.zip
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2696282

after that I flashed TWRP recovery and re flashed the Rom,
everything seems to work fine , 2 days no incident :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hell there,
    I'm Using ARDH 5.0
    any Idea what is wrong??