[How To] Root - Galaxy Tab 2 7" 4.0.4

Search This thread

Fz.hary

Mar 7, 2011
Medan
Instruction how to root your tab 2

1. Download Clock Work Mod recovery from here

2. Download cwm-root-gtab2.zip to root your device from attachment and copy to external sdcard

3. Download Fix-Recovery to erase install-recovery.sh from attachment and copy to external sdcard

4. Now Turn your device off .

5. Boot into Download-Mode (Power+Vol Down) and press vol up to continue.

6. Start Odin

7. Choose "GT-P31XX_ClockworkMod-Recovery_X.X.X.X.tar" as PDA

8. Connect your Tab

9. Untick Reset Time and Auto Reboot

64633544.png

10. When it show PASS, remove usb cable and hold Vol Up + Power, when Samsung Galaxy Tab screen appear release power button but keep vol up.

11. In CWM recovery, install fix recovery and cwm-root.

12. Now reboot your tab. It should be rooted now.

*Tested in my galaxy tab 2 7" with Android 4.0.4 from OTA update.

All credit go to xda developer :)

Attachments

• Fix-Recovery.zip
    144.7 KB · Views: 108,503
  • cwm-root-gtab2.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 116,978

tisoy915

Jun 27, 2010
signature verification failed

I have tried flashing the Fix-Recovery.zip and cwm-root-gtab2.zip. I am getting E:signature verification failed. I doubled check everything I did and used a different sd card thinking maybe it wasn't accepting the sd card. Still having the same issue. I don't know if anyone has this problem with the method, but I would greatly would like the help to get root for the Tab.

Fz.hary

Mar 7, 2011
Medan
I have tried flashing the Fix-Recovery.zip and cwm-root-gtab2.zip. I am getting E:signature verification failed. I doubled check everything I did and used a different sd card thinking maybe it wasn't accepting the sd card. Still having the same issue. I don't know if anyone has this problem with the method, but I would greatly would like the help to get root for the Tab.

what type of cwm and galaxy tab do you have?

khazkhaz

Nov 1, 2010
Thanks for this! I have one question though. How come I don't have CWM in the menu? I can boot into recovery mode just fien.

Reactions: tomhtg90

ze0

Oct 26, 2011
only CyanogenMod roms have the option to directly go to CWM recovery ,stock roms don't have that possibility.

btango05

Sep 2, 2010

Same here

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

I have the gt2 7 3113

btango05

Sep 2, 2010
Odin Version?

Do you think the Odin version has anything to do with it? I also have the SGS3 from Verizon and I've rooted and used Odin version 3.07 however the guides to rooting the g-tab use odin version 1.85....I've tried using both. I can boot into recovery however when I try to install the .zip files I get the "E signature fail" message.

RomsWell

Jul 10, 2011
Venice
If your sure the download is good and md5 checks out (if there's one posted) in cwm recovery in the flash zip menu there is a (disable signature verification check) click that then try and flash the zip) if the zip is good and u get that message it just means its unsigned.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

silentvisitor

Mar 15, 2012
Oh NO.............
After ODIN showing PASS now my device is stuck at DOWNLOADING screen only (yes I took out USB cable after getting PASS) :(
What to do now :(

Fz.hary

Mar 7, 2011
Medan
Press volume up + power when it show pass. It will bring cwm menu.

Sent from my Jellybean Galaxy Nexus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instruction how to root your tab 2

1. Download Clock Work Mod recovery from here

2. Download cwm-root-gtab2.zip to root your device from attachment and copy to external sdcard

3. Download Fix-Recovery to erase install-recovery.sh from attachment and copy to external sdcard

6. Start Odin

8. Connect your Tab

9. Untick Reset Time and Auto Reboot

64633544.png

10. When it show PASS, remove usb cable and hold Vol Up + Power, when Samsung Galaxy Tab screen appear release power button but keep vol up.

*Tested in my galaxy tab 2 7" with Android 4.0.4 from OTA update.

All credit go to xda developer :)

Alhamdulillah, it's work for my GTAB 2
    this step that i applied

1. Download CWM,cwm-root-gtab2.zip,Fix-Recovery

2. Copy cwm-root-gtab2.zip+Fix-Recovery.zip to external sdcard,i used airdroid to do it.

3. Set enabled USB Debugging, from Menu>Menu>Settings>Applications>Development,,Options and check the “USB debugging” option.

6. Start Odin,,untick all(autoreboot,repartition,reset time)

8. Connect your Tab

9. Klik Start

Done!!
    Thanks to Fz.hary
    If you have 4.0.3 it will worked Just with cwm and cwm-root.zip to root.
    Flash cwm from ODIN and then Flash cwm-root.zip from cwm recovery.

Sent from my supercharger GT-P3100
    signature verification failed