[APP][WALLPAPERS][Sept23] - Chromium's Wallpapers v1.5

Search This thread

Chromium

Oct 5, 2012
Toronto
chromium1.blogspot.ca
2o6IZ5q.jpg

Hey guys. I was bored so I decided to make a wallpaper app. :)
The app is based on Paranoid Wallpapers (source at end of post). I've made some changes to the UI, as well as a few modifications to the code.

The app was originally meant for the HTC Desire (HDPI) , but I have edited some stuff so that it is now optimized for XHDPI devices (specifically the Nexus 4).

Also the wallpapers were made from scratch by me, and are very high resolution and crisp. On a side note I am slightly colour blind, so if some of the colours dont match the labels, sorry :eek:

Downloads:
Version 1.5 <--DOWNLOAD
- Added Dark Blue wallpaper
- Changed minimum API level. This means that the app should now work on all android versions 4+

Version 1.4 <--DOWNLOAD
- Added 3 new wallpapers: Grey, Black, and Contrasty Greyscale

Version 1.3 <--DOWNLOAD
- Adjusted the contrast on the Blue and Orange wallpapers
- Added 4 new wallpapers: Orange with Black, Mint Green, Ocean Green, and Blue Green

Version 1.2 <--DOWNLOAD
- Resized wallpapers to fit Nexus 4 and other XHDPI devices without loss of image quality
- Fixed layout issues when using app on XHDPI devices
- Changed, removed, and added wallpapers

Version 1.1 <--DOWNLOAD
- Changed package name to stop conflict with original PA wallpaper app

Version 1.0 <--DOWNLOAD
- Initial release

Last edited:

allendj81

Sep 26, 2010
LBC, CA
*6. I'll add some more soon if I have time. Any specific requests?

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app

Maybe add more colors to the same pattern youve been using so far? some silver and black tone, black and white tone, an orange and black tone, one with all google colors perhaps? I just love the pattern and some extra color would be cool :good:

Chromium

Oct 5, 2012
Toronto
chromium1.blogspot.ca
Just fricking beautiful. Love the polygon-like effect.

Thanks. You can't go wrong with the low poly effect :)

Maybe add more colors to the same pattern youve been using so far? some silver and black tone, black and white tone, an orange and black tone, one with all google colors perhaps? I just love the pattern and some extra color would be cool :good:

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll update soon.

Chromium

Oct 5, 2012
Toronto
chromium1.blogspot.ca
Pretty nice wallpapers,i like it! Keep doing them. Looks nice on desire and note ii, but i have problem on note ii because of touch wiz i cant put them wallpapers to lock screen, only display. How can i put them on lockscreen? (I can only install them from system wp)

Thanks. If you want to set one the wallpapers as your lock screen background on touchwiz you can do this:
- unzip the apk into a place you will remember
-go to Settings>Display>Wallpaper>Lockscreen
-navigate to where you unzipped the apk and select the wallpaper of your choice. They are located in /res/drawable-nodpi.

Reactions: FlatOutRU

warfexion

Dec 14, 2011
Think you could make the same with less shapes? I love the colors but I like being able to see my dashclock stuff clearly, also maybe more contrast so its darker? just a suggestion nice job man

Chromium

Oct 5, 2012
Toronto
chromium1.blogspot.ca
Think you could make the same with less shapes? I love the colors but I like being able to see my dashclock stuff clearly, also maybe more contrast so its darker? just a suggestion nice job man

Sure, I'll try to do that when I'm free.

I was thinking of doing this but I didn't know where to begin.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Feel free to use my source. All you gotta do is clone the repo, import it into Eclipse (or another suitable IDE), replace my walls with ones of your choice and change a couple strings, then compile. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2o6IZ5q.jpg

Hey guys. I was bored so I decided to make a wallpaper app. :)
    The app is based on Paranoid Wallpapers (source at end of post). I've made some changes to the UI, as well as a few modifications to the code.

The app was originally meant for the HTC Desire (HDPI) , but I have edited some stuff so that it is now optimized for XHDPI devices (specifically the Nexus 4).

Also the wallpapers were made from scratch by me, and are very high resolution and crisp. On a side note I am slightly colour blind, so if some of the colours dont match the labels, sorry :eek:

Downloads:
    Version 1.5 <--DOWNLOAD
    - Added Dark Blue wallpaper
    - Changed minimum API level. This means that the app should now work on all android versions 4+

Version 1.4 <--DOWNLOAD
    - Added 3 new wallpapers: Grey, Black, and Contrasty Greyscale

Version 1.3 <--DOWNLOAD
    - Adjusted the contrast on the Blue and Orange wallpapers
    - Added 4 new wallpapers: Orange with Black, Mint Green, Ocean Green, and Blue Green

Version 1.2 <--DOWNLOAD
    - Resized wallpapers to fit Nexus 4 and other XHDPI devices without loss of image quality
    - Fixed layout issues when using app on XHDPI devices
    - Changed, removed, and added wallpapers

Version 1.1 <--DOWNLOAD
    - Changed package name to stop conflict with original PA wallpaper app

Version 1.0 <--DOWNLOAD
    - Initial release
    As promised I've updated the app with some new refreshing wallpapers. See the OP for the download/changelog
    Feedback is greatly appreciated...Ive noticed that it has around 200 downloads yet there are less than 10 comments. Come on guys/girls/cats, let me know what you think :)
    New update: added a few more wallpapers...download link is in the OP :)
    Pretty nice wallpapers,i like it! Keep doing them. Looks nice on desire and note ii, but i have problem on note ii because of touch wiz i cant put them wallpapers to lock screen, only display. How can i put them on lockscreen? (I can only install them from system wp)

Thanks. If you want to set one the wallpapers as your lock screen background on touchwiz you can do this:
    - unzip the apk into a place you will remember
    -go to Settings>Display>Wallpaper>Lockscreen
    -navigate to where you unzipped the apk and select the wallpaper of your choice. They are located in /res/drawable-nodpi.

Does it work on ICS, or is it JB only?

I think its 4.2+ only, but i can change the minimum API target level if you'd like.