[Q] Bootloop, can't fix?

Search This thread

spleenandcigars

Nov 22, 2013
Governador Valadares
Last year i tried to disassembly the phone to fix a probably broken audio conector, then i decided to flash a new rom; since then, i'm facing bootloop. I tried to enter into recovery and simply doesn't go there. Download Mode works just fine, so i decided to flash a new stock rom and a TWRM (latest) and the system almost worked. I could enter Recovery Mode, but when i was about to try a factory reset, the touch stopped working. So i rebooted again, then a white screen (that first one that appears, with AT&T logo on it) appeared my phone rebooted.
I flashed a stock recovery but didn't had any sucess either...

Now i'm with a galaxy note 3 (n900) and my phone is in the shelter, completely useless.

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
You only need to be in download mode for kies to work.

Don't use kies 3 that the note 3 uses. Use the original one. Make sure it's up to date. Reinstall the i717 drivers from Samsung. Put phone on download mode and plug into pc. Open kies and click "emergency firmware recovery" type in all caps SGH-I717. Then type in serial number and let it do it's thing!

Last edited:
Reactions: spleenandcigars

spleenandcigars

Nov 22, 2013
Governador Valadares

Don't use kies 3 that the note 3 uses. Use the original one. Make sure it's up to date. Reinstall the i717 drivers from Samsung. Put phone on download mode and plug into pc. Open kies and click "emergency firmware recovery" type in all caps SHG-I717. Then type in serial number and let it do it's thing!

prJrprX.jpg

Here's a screenshot of what it looks like when i do EXACTLY as you told me to.
Also, it's a recently formatted computer, so isn't any driver conflict or thinks like that.

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
Also, it's a recently formatted computer, so isn't any driver conflict or thinks like that.[/QUOTE]

Try clicking "Firmware upgrade and initialisation" instead of "emergency recovery". I might of told you wrong. I apologize. It's been awhile since I've needed to fix my i717. I moved on to note 3.

bryanizmir

Jul 6, 2012
Schenectady
Also, it's a recently formatted computer, so isn't any driver conflict or thinks like that.

Try clicking "Firmware upgrade and initialisation" instead of "emergency recovery". I might of told you wrong. I apologize. It's been awhile since I've needed to fix my i717. I moved on to note 3.

Firmware upgrade is what you want. The only problem I had was Kies didn't like my serial number. Luckily my wife has a OG Note and I used her sn with no problems :) Good luck!

spleenandcigars

Nov 22, 2013
Governador Valadares
Here's a screenshot of what it looks like when i do EXACTLY as you told me to. Also said:

Just did that and still the same problem. :(

i717

Jan 15, 2013
Maybe it's soft bricked.
Using odin to get you into download mode (not recovery), and flash a stock .tar file to get up and running again. Unless you have a hardware issue inside the phone.

If you want a decent tutorial on doing this, YouTube search "unbrick i717 odin" and the first video listed (for me anyway) is a video by Qbking77 on how to do this step by step. He gives links to odin files and .tar stock files for the i717.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try an emergency recovery with kies.

Don't use kies 3 that the note 3 uses. Use the original one. Make sure it's up to date. Reinstall the i717 drivers from Samsung. Put phone on download mode and plug into pc. Open kies and click "emergency firmware recovery" type in all caps SGH-I717. Then type in serial number and let it do it's thing!
    Also, it's a recently formatted computer, so isn't any driver conflict or thinks like that.[/QUOTE]

Firmware upgrade is what you want. The only problem I had was Kies didn't like my serial number. Luckily my wife has a OG Note and I used her sn with no problems :) Good luck!
    Type in SGH-I717 not SHG-I717. Hopefully you caught that typo.