Note 10.1 2014 Edition vs Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1

Search This thread

le0.br4zuc4

Jun 8, 2010
Boca Raton, FL
I picked a 32GB Note 10.1 2014 Edition. Picked it up because I used to have the original note. I wasn't sure if I should have purchased the tab pro instead.

So you guys have an opinion?

I like the s pen but I don't need it.

Thanks guys

Feni

Mar 13, 2009
Enschede
It's almost the same tablet, same SoC, screen and (almost) the same body. The only hardware difference I found was whether or not the S-Pen is included.

Note10.1Dude

Dec 17, 2013
California
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 3
All about the S-pen

If you like handwriting recognition, then you need the note. If you never use the S-pen, then what is the point? Individual decision based on useage case mate.

I picked a 32GB Note 10.1 2014 Edition. Picked it up because I used to have the original note. I wasn't sure if I should have purchased the tab pro instead.

So you guys have an opinion?

I like the s pen but I don't need it.

Thanks guys

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
If you like handwriting recognition, then you need the note. If you never use the S-pen, then what is the point? Individual decision based on useage case mate.

I've played with a couple of N12's and after the 4.4 update the N10.1-14 is faster. M-UX apparently uses a boat load of resources. When M-UX was first announced I was excited because it appeared to be thorough enough to be an alternate UI. It ended up being My Magazine de-constructed and on steroids and takes up a mandatory home page. For those that appeals to it's a potential plus. I'm glad we didn't get it because I like how my home pages are laid out. Don't forget the Tab Pro 10 only has 2GB of RAM. That may or may not be a big deal depending on how much RAM the active digitizer and S Pen/Note use. Speaking of the display it's not the same as ours because it's a standard conductive display. I have no idea what that translates in to performance wise. One benefit the Tab Pro 10 has is that it's newer and shares s/w with the other Pros. For all we know 4.4 may be our last update.