[REQUEST] Stereo speakers when incoming call.

Search This thread

MasK

May 15, 2005
Singapore
www.imraneo.com
I would rather have the volume increased (bug fixed) than stereo speakers. I hope you don't like your ears to be blasted with the ringtone music as there is a gesture to pickup the incoming call by placing your phone in your ears (you don't have to swipe).

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Well, that is a valid point.. It can be tweaked further though. Like switching off the top speaker when movement is detected, or using 1 speaker only for phone ringtone but use 2 speakers for other notifications.
Whatever it is, I hope they solve this.
Here's a thread related to this:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z2/Speakerphone-in-call-uses-only-1-speaker/m-p/677011#M1501

DennisDD78

Apr 22, 2011
Vladivostok
olokos, here`s the requested file. If you can try to do something, please, try to do it, because the ring volume is so weak :(

Attachments

• mixer_paths.zip
    7.7 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: olokos

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
olokos, here`s the requested file. If you can try to do something, please, try to do it, because the ring volume is so weak :(

Try this. It should play the ringtone when you're getting a call with both speakers now. What boost in percentage would you suggest? I don't have the Z2, just the Z1 so I can't test this by myself.
As always - You're doing it at your own risk. ;)

Attachments

• mixer_paths.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 149

DennisDD78

Apr 22, 2011
Vladivostok
Try this. It should play the ringtone when you're getting a call with both speakers now. What boost in percentage would you suggest? I don't have the Z2, just the Z1 so I can't test this by myself.

Oh ,man, it`s working!!! Awesome, finally both speakers when incoming call!
Thank you very very much, bro! :) Now THIS IS THE PHONE!!
Aahhh!!! :)

About the boost, well, i don`t know, now the volume level is fine for me with 2 speakers, and i`m afraid to get the levels higher, to not to damage the speakers, i don`t reaaly know which levels are safe to increase....

Last edited:

DennisDD78

Apr 22, 2011
Vladivostok
olokos, what do you think, the sound profile when call uses the same algorithm as a sound profile in walkman or not ? It ssems to me that sound on call and sound in walkman is slightly different, or am i wrong ? Clearaudio+ is on the both profiles.

Teknohtc

Nov 16, 2007
can i use this mod on a non rooted phone? My bootloader is locked by Bell pos and i really want this mod lol

nreuge

Apr 22, 2013
Saint-Nazaire

About the boost, well, i don`t know, now the volume level is fine for me with 2 speakers, and i`m afraid to get the levels higher, to not to damage the speakers, i don`t reaaly know which levels are safe to increase....

I think that 30% speaker volume boost is safe, but not more. I remind that Zeroinfinity had done a mod with 30% volume boost for the Z.

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
olokos, what do you think, what percentage of a boost increase is more or less safety for the speaker ? 15-20% maybe ?
Can't tell. I don't own the device so I can't tell by myself.
olokos, what do you think, the sound profile when call uses the same algorithm as a sound profile in walkman or not ? It ssems to me that sound on call and sound in walkman is slightly different, or am i wrong ? Clearaudio+ is on the both profiles.
It does use a different algorithm, I'm sure of it. :)
I think that 30% speaker volume boost is safe, but not more. I remind that Zeroinfinity had done a mod with 30% volume boost for the Z.
Thanks, I'll boost it by 30% then. :)

Please move the discussion here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52814202

umair239

May 14, 2008
How do I make this mod work? Am I supposed to copy it and replace the stock file in system>etc? Because changing the name of the original and then copying this file doesn't make it work and in fact my phone app stops working. Any help will be greatly appreciated :(

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

Can someone please post the original mixer_paths.xml file because I think I have deleted mine and my phone app seemed to have stopped working :(

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

All sounds have completely stopped working for my phone after I tried to simply copy and paste the mixer_paths.xml file. It's freaking ridiculous. Can someone please guide me through this :(

numskull

Oct 19, 2010
How do I make this mod work? Am I supposed to copy it and replace the stock file in system>etc? Because changing the name of the original and then copying this file doesn't make it work and in fact my phone app stops working. Any help will be greatly appreciated :(

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

Can someone please post the original mixer_paths.xml file because I think I have deleted mine and my phone app seemed to have stopped working :(

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

All sounds have completely stopped working for my phone after I tried to simply copy and paste the mixer_paths.xml file. It's freaking ridiculous. Can someone please guide me through this :(

Well it's a mod and its zipped, my guess would be that u put zip file in root folder of phone (as in main folder, not one called root), boot into custom recovery, install update from sd, then click this zip file. you need to have unlocked bootloader and installed a custom recovery, id also reccomend the repair thing in pc companion t get your sounds back first, assuming it works with unlocked bootloaders

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw

You should have posted it here...
I'll upload revert to stock in a moment.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    olokos, what do you think, what percentage of a boost increase is more or less safety for the speaker ? 15-20% maybe ?
    Can't tell. I don't own the device so I can't tell by myself.
    It does use a different algorithm, I'm sure of it. :)
    Thanks, I'll boost it by 30% then. :)

Please move the discussion here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52814202

send mixer_paths.xml to me which you can find in /system/etc and I'll see what I can do :)