Removing Google Calendar app hides all google calendars

Search This thread

kimusan

Dec 5, 2006
I have encountered a problem on several different android phones. calendars are disappearing if I install+uninstall the Google Calendar App (the official one)

Steps to reproduce:
install some calendar app (i.e. Business calendar)
install Google Calendar
make sure that your google calendars are shown correctly in both apps.
uninstall google calendar

Now the calendars have disappeared from the other calendar app and there is no way to add them again (they are not showing up in the list).

I have seen the problem on Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Note3, Nexus4+5, HTC One

Installing the Google calendar app again makes it possible to first re-enable the calendars in Google Calendar app and then they are again possible to add in the other calendar apps.

Is there a way to fix this without having to have the google calendar app installed (dont want it installed as it is a huge BatteryHog using 30-40% of my battery for "StartingAlarmService").

kimusan

Dec 5, 2006
I have encountered a problem on several different android phones. calendars are disappearing if I install+uninstall the Google Calendar App (the official one)

Steps to reproduce:
install some calendar app (i.e. Business calendar)
install Google Calendar
make sure that your google calendars are shown correctly in both apps.
uninstall google calendar

Now the calendars have disappeared from the other calendar app and there is no way to add them again (they are not showing up in the list).

I have seen the problem on Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Note3, Nexus4+5, HTC One

Installing the Google calendar app again makes it possible to first re-enable the calendars in Google Calendar app and then they are again possible to add in the other calendar apps.

Is there a way to fix this without having to have the google calendar app installed (dont want it installed as it is a huge BatteryHog using 30-40% of my battery for "StartingAlarmService").

And finally I found a working solution myself (of cause only after posting my question here after a lot of testing).

The simple fix (for others with the problem) is:
- go into setting-> applications manager -> all
- Find Calendar Storage
- clear cache+data and force stop
- wait a few minutes as the service will resync calendar data.

Now the calendars are available again