[APP] WhatsApp - Discussion Thread

Search This thread

cgorki

Jul 29, 2010
Rhein-Neckar Delta
WhatsApp is now available on Android Market:
qa-230x230.png

DOWNLOAD
This video-review shows the main functions (of a former beta version).

Last edited:

hatim

Dec 19, 2005
I installed it and getting the authorization error. Will try again later. Thanks for the link.

charliebigpot

Apr 27, 2010
I installed it and getting the authorization error. Will try again later. Thanks for the link.

Hi!
I installed it yesterday afternoon, tried to log-in for a couple of hours but it only worked this morning. I have already chatted with a friend using whatsapp on iphone! Cgorki, thx for sharing.

I've been running and using it for almost 6 hours now with mobile internet always on and listening to music but when I go into battery usage this doesn't show up. Does this mean that it doesn't use battery ;) or is there something else? It doesn't seem to drain a lot of battery because I still have about 85% left.

Thank you..

Last edited:

cgorki

Jul 29, 2010
Rhein-Neckar Delta
...well they obviously developed an app which charges your battery instead of draining it :D

I also have no problems communicating with iPhone users, also able to attach maps links, voice messages, pictures and videos

djind

Jul 9, 2008
Still random disconnects when sleeping. It only works after app and service are restarted.

Had it on the iphone, works great. I have been waiting for this for months and months now, but they still don't want to make it final. Either they are slow, it is just too hard to work with without the push thingy á la iphone.

djind

Jul 9, 2008
Still random disconnects when sleeping. It only works after app and service are restarted.

Had it on the iphone, works great. I have been waiting for this for months and months now, but they still don't want to make it final. Either they are slow, it is just too hard to work with without the push thingy á la iphone.

cgorki

Jul 29, 2010
Rhein-Neckar Delta
well if you develop for android, you develop for more than only one device like for iphone, thats why it takes longer... btw. I can not confirm disconnects while phone is in sleep mode...

Update was released today, you can update the app via the built-in updater

Last edited:

djind

Jul 9, 2008
well if you develop for android, you develop for more than only one device like for iphone, thats why it takes longer... btw. I can not confirm disconnects while phone is in sleep mode...

Update was released today, you can update the app via the built-in updater

Yes I noticed the update. I am using wifi only for this week. From next week on, I have a new contract with mobile data. Maybe there is a problem connecting after a while of disconnecting.

OpiZA

Jul 1, 2010

That's weird, I receive messages without ever opening it first, straight after booting and completely leaving the phone alone.

Under settings it always says service has started right on the minute that I booted my phone

*edit* Sorry I think I misread you, last night it gave me the option to install the latest version, and the change log said it fixed many random crashes, so far running great. But I'm sure you've upgraded

r47z

Apr 16, 2010
if you want the auth to run, email the support (even if the app says do not!) I did that and I got my access about 2-3 days.

cgorki

Jul 29, 2010
Rhein-Neckar Delta
if you want the auth to run, email the support (even if the app says do not!) I did that and I got my access about 2-3 days.

mailing them will do nothing, I'm pretty sure they didn't put you on any "beta list"
you get your access just by trying to contact their servers, after hours/days your phone is successfully registered, thats what me and many other users have experienced.

djind

Jul 9, 2008
I must have sent 14 messages untill I got through. Dont try it more than once, keep trying every couple of hours. Or even the next day. Once you get the auth, all reinstalls will be good to go.

NeidRider

Jan 26, 2009
Has anybody read the EULA?
It's talking about a "free trial period", and then a subscription fee per year.
Is that the same with the iPhone-app?

Top Liked Posts