Arabic/Persian Support on Éclair Stock Rom

Search This thread

SAN93

Oct 9, 2009
cloudyisland.net
Hello
First of all sorry for my bad English!:rolleyes:

it's a big problem that Android devices cannot show arabic/persian letters!
but developers has fixed this problems on some devices! (Legend/Nexus One/Xperia X10 and ...) and Samsung Devices support this languages officaily!

Now, What's the fix for Wildfire!?
i, my self has tried some ways, i know it is depended on two things:
1. Font (totally Fixed, No Problem!:D)
2. lip (here is my problem!:mad:)

i have copied good fonts to Rom files (make/edit a zip) and then flash my cooked rom with my favorite font, now my device can show arabic/perisan letters BUT separately!
i did the same way (copy file to rom zip and then flash!) with lib files, letters was good but Gallery and Browser and some other apps did'n work (Force Close!)
there is 3 lib file that they are related to this problem:

libskia.so
libskiagl.so
libwebcore.so

Important: In CM rom everything is OK! Persian/Arabic Rom are showing true!
My Another Problem: Because of this problem i cannot test some different lib files to rich to good result: When i want to replace lib file in Root Explorer, i see an error: "not enough space" so i forced to copy my lib files to a zip file (rom) and flash it to test! it's so CRAZY! What's the solution?!

Point: there is a Official Arabic HTC Rom for Legend and i know it has cooked by developers for Hero, is here anyone to see them and try to cook one rom for Wildfire!?

SAN93

Oct 9, 2009
cloudyisland.net
I did find a Arabic rom from a Arabic forum which it supports Persian letters so well and has English menus and a fantastic bilingual (English/Persian) keyboard, now I'm using that!
You can find my topic here:
and-roid.ir
In the Wildfire section

Sent from my iPod

pitsyapa

Apr 1, 2007
I did find a Arabic rom from a Arabic forum which it supports Persian letters so well and has English menus and a fantastic bilingual (English/Persian) keyboard, now I'm using that!
You can find my topic here:
and-roid.ir
In the Wildfire section

Thanks you very much. I downloaded and installed. working perfect. thanks again.

nucz

Oct 20, 2010
Could you please paste here the link to download that rom (arabic/persian for wildfire) ? I'm not iranian so that I could not read parsi.

mbsobat

Aug 30, 2007
Java Util class for Farsi/Arabic letters for Android

I have created a Util class that reshapes the arabic,persian, farsi, dari letters to correct glyphs. Find more at:

ahmad-iv.blogspot

Edit:
I cannot post a link right now...