Is there an "extended" battery the size of the original?

Search This thread

phaze one

Jan 27, 2011
Seattle
Might try this one out. How is it on heat?

I'm looking to replace my seidio 1750 which gets WAY too hot and battery life seems to be slipping

With heavy consistent use (i.e browsing and texting while playing angry birds for an hour) it gets hot but other than that, doesnt get hot while charging and tethering it stays cool too. I have chads incredikernel, I bump charged this morning, been putting light medium use on it, music browsing texting and phone calls and I've been tethering for a bit as well. Been on battery for 12 and a half hours and sitting at 44%.

xxxdc5

Dec 26, 2010
With heavy consistent use (i.e browsing and texting while playing angry birds for an hour) it gets hot but other than that, doesnt get hot while charging and tethering it stays cool too. I have chads incredikernel, I bump charged this morning, been putting light medium use on it, music browsing texting and phone calls and I've been tethering for a bit as well. Been on battery for 12 and a half hours and sitting at 44%.

good to know. might give it a try despite that post about 1800 batteries being a scam haha

phaze one

Jan 27, 2011
Seattle
good to know. might give it a try despite that post about 1800 batteries being a scam haha

Yeah not sure about the 1800 battery scam, but compared to the stock its basically day and night. This is what the phone should have come with.

Also I should tell you that the normal case fits, snugly.

sent by carrier pigeon

Last edited:

notwen

Mar 9, 2011
Cincinnati
Anyone have any thoughts on the Laza 1500mah batteries? I have some Amazon credit about to expire and was curious if these would be worth it over the Seido 1750mah battery. I generally prefer OEM over third-party vendors, but the1500mah HTC OEM battery is out of stock from any Prime sellers and has been so for the past 2-3 weeks.

phaze one

Jan 27, 2011
Seattle
Yeah, it fits. No need for a special cover. It just fits tight is what I meant.

sent by carrier pigeon

Last edited:

AlexR666

Oct 13, 2010
NJ
I have the 3500 from sedio it makes the phone really fat, but you quickly get used to it. But the battery life was honestly not good...i still cant get 24 hours. Had really good review too, was disapointed ):

azgoofball

Mar 29, 2011
Some Dirt hole in AZ...
I bought two 1800 with a charger off of ebay for 15 dollars. They fit in the regular case (just barely) but they maybe last a few hours longer than a stock one. I can make it through 8 hours at work now without having to plug in. Oh well, I now have two extra batteries I can quick swap and go in case of a pinch..

whitedragon551

Mar 22, 2011
Is the battery on Amazon for the HTC Ozone? Im trying to find one on eBay so I can use my eBay bucks for this month.

KennyJive

Jun 14, 2010
Saw the link and bought it myself. Works like a charm so far.

Sent from my Incredible using XDA Premium App

ucluglee

Mar 2, 2011
Greenville
phaze one;I bought this battery a couple weeks ago and it pretty much crushes the stock battery. It costs more than the one on amazon but its great. Quick shipping too.[/QUOTE said:
+1 to this battery. $20 from 1300 to 1800 and I can get 14-18 hours out of a charge with moderate use.....also running CM7 with radio 11.19 which also made a huge difference in battery life.

rodger373

Jan 23, 2011
Charlotte
I have used a Mugen 1800mah, 1750 seido, stock 1300mah, and oem EVO 4g 1500mah. All of these fit in the stock case, but the oem EVO 1500mah seems to give the best life by far while rarely getting hot. (the Mugen cooks under heavy use)

In my never ending quest to tweak I have ordered a 1800mah from htc express as I have heard very good things about that battery, and it seems it may be a somewhat legit 1800mah. I know I saw somewhere a chart which listed measured capacity of batteries vs claims. and most of the "1800" batts were closer to 1450, while the official oem batteries were within a few % of stated capacity.

I still use the stock 1300mah for a backup sometimes, and the 1500 EVO battery is noticeably better. IMO if you want the most you can get with the stock back cover that is the way to go.

rubber soul

May 25, 2010
Dayton, OH
i use the 1800 from htc express, and i definitely get improved battery life. it may not give me the full 1800, but it most certainly outperforms the 1300 while fitting in the case.

it's cheap too.

Marcismo55

Sep 29, 2010
Ventura, CA
i use the 1800 from htc express, and i definitely get improved battery life. it may not give me the full 1800, but it most certainly outperforms the 1300 while fitting in the case.

it's cheap too.

Yup. I will admit though...I was pretty damn skeptical about getting these batteries since I hadn't heard much about the company, but I am truly happy I did.

A couple weeks ago I was able to get 1 day and 6 hours of up time. I couldn't get half of that from my OEM battery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    most people use the oem htc 1500 batteries... they are only 200 mah bigger but it add a decent ammount of life to your phone... I have both the seido 1750 and the 1500 and the 1500 last just as long as the 1750... they are only like 10 dollars also so might as well get 2 on amazon... I have bought this battery for lots of people I know and it works great

http://www.amazon.com/HTC-Standard-...FX7M/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1299500462&sr=8-3
    there's a cheap 2000mah battery on ebay if you really want it, but from what i've read, non-OEM batteries stop taking a charge after 1 month of use.

non-OEM batteries can still be good, but it's hit and miss depending on if you're buying a used battery or buying a battery from a giant turd (usually cheap chinese) company.