AOKP Build 25 Rom Port

Search This thread

shag_on_e

Sep 3, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Okay folks, for some reason the magnetic sensor breaks on me when I flash this. I don't understand because I haven't seen anyone else mention this, but I'm far from new to flashing this phone, I've tried every possible scenario I can think of, flashing to stock w/repartition, THS build 2, then this, w/Glitch and without, but the compass shows no response. Everything else is flawless including gps, but on maps it just shows a round dot and magnetic compasses won't budge. I've downloaded it a couple times but if you could post the md5 for this I'll check that too. If anyone cares to help I will flash it again and pull a logcat (should've already I know). Any help would be awesome, I got to run this rom! Thanks folks.

~~~~There is no spoon~~~~

j2cool2012

Nov 15, 2010
j2cool.com
Okay folks, for some reason the magnetic sensor breaks on me when I flash this. I don't understand because I haven't seen anyone else mention this, but I'm far from new to flashing this phone, I've tried every possible scenario I can think of, flashing to stock w/repartition, THS build 2, then this, w/Glitch and without, but the compass shows no response. Everything else is flawless including gps, but on maps it just shows a round dot and magnetic compasses won't budge. I've downloaded it a couple times but if you could post the md5 for this I'll check that too. If anyone cares to help I will flash it again and pull a logcat (should've already I know). Any help would be awesome, I got to run this rom! Thanks folks.

The compass being broken is a known issue. It is in THS as well.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

neh4pres

Nov 22, 2010

Did you flash gingerbread bootloaders?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

neh4pres

Nov 22, 2010
The bootloader is a non issue.

Just so everyone in this thread knows. Gingerbread odins do NOT flash a gingerbread bootloader. And every time you Odin back to stock you WILL need to reflash a gingerbread bootloader. You will face some random issues if you do not. Especially with glitch kernel

shag_on_e

Sep 3, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Just so everyone in this thread knows. Gingerbread odins do NOT flash a gingerbread bootloader. And every time you Odin back to stock you WILL need to reflash a gingerbread bootloader. You will face some random issues if you do not. Especially with glitch kernel

I use Heimdall to flash everything now due to constant Odin failure, but yeah I was definitely on GB bootloaders. I had a feeling my compass issue was known, but I couldn't find any posts declaring that as a known issue. The weird thing is, the compass actually works on the "GPS Essentials" app works, yet none of the others I've tried do. Crazy stuff...

Rick S

Nov 2, 2010
Just an update... I'm having an intermittant issue with sms. Sometimes it will work, sometimes it says something like...unable to send, will retry when connection is restored...or something like that. It has to do with the framework.jar smali files. I just have to figure out what's up with that...otherwise everything is working great. Not much difference from the previous aokp build, icons in rom control are different, along with some minor differences. It does seem a lot snappier though using 6.5 as the base...not that the previous build was slow or anything...but there is a difference.

Reactions: xain713

gt43aw

Jan 4, 2012

just out of curiosity, what issues? I've never flashed the gb bootloaders. I'm on 6.5 w/ glitch..... I'm also confused at why verizon stock gb doesn't have gb bootloaders. thanks.

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
Just an update... I'm having an intermittant issue with sms. Sometimes it will work, sometimes it says something like...unable to send, will retry when connection is restored...or something like that. It has to do with the framework.jar smali files. I just have to figure out what's up with that...otherwise everything is working great. Not much difference from the previous aokp build, icons in rom control are different, along with some minor differences. It does seem a lot snappier though using 6.5 as the base...not that the previous build was slow or anything...but there is a difference.

pm if you need another tester for this stuff, I'd love to try it out and see if that problem happens to me too

Sent from my ICS SCH-i500

tlogank

Sep 24, 2010
I desperately need Square to work...any chance of getting the 4-pin headphone jack working completely?

bobloblaw1

May 25, 2010
I desperately need Square to work...any chance of getting the 4-pin headphone jack working completely?

Your best bet would be to use EH03 Gingerbread builds. AFAIK this issue has existed since at least the time of CM7 as it seems the record and playback pins are switched (or something like that). Square works fine on touchwiz though.

neh4pres

Nov 22, 2010
just out of curiosity, what issues? I've never flashed the gb bootloaders. I'm on 6.5 w/ glitch..... I'm also confused at why verizon stock gb doesn't have gb bootloaders. thanks.

Have you seen the glitch boot logo lately?

neh4pres

Nov 22, 2010

Also.. deep idle will never work without them.. And if you are found to not be using them and you have a issue you will upset the glitch people for reporting it because you will create a world of crap for them when they help you debug and find out it was your fault not flashing gb bootloaders

dricacho

Oct 9, 2010
Los Angeles
So is there another one after Build 26? I've been on this build for a few weeks and its been working fine. Just curious if there's new development, new ROM to try out aside from the Nightly ROM.

Stephen.k.spear

Jul 12, 2011
West Palm Beach
So is there another one after Build 26? I've been on this build for a few weeks and its been working fine. Just curious if there's new development, new ROM to try out aside from the Nightly ROM.

I'm sure the other aokp thread is with in 3 threads of the top by the time you read this... If your on 25 your 3 versions behind.

Sent from my Glitched AOKP Unicorn.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First off, all credit should go to Roman and the AOKP team for creating the rom, JT and sbrissen for making the fascinate able to run this setup, Stephen.k.Spear for the first port of this rom, and anyone else I forgot to mention that was involved (sorry). I'm not looking to take this port over or step on any toes, but I just wanted to share an awesome experience with the rest of the fascinate community.

Link to AOKP main site (changelogs, forums, FAQs, etc.)...
    http://forum.aokp.co/

Installation instructions (have latest cwm recovery)...
    -reboot into recovery via power button reboot options, terminal emulator, or rom manager (no 3 finger reboot if on any ics rom)
    -wipe data / factory reset
    -flash THS build 2 (not required if already on an ics rom)
    -let phone boot up
    -reboot into recovery via power button options
    -wipe data / factory reset
    -flash AOKP build 25
    -let phone boot up

Build 25 download link...
    http://db.tt/IBc5scHR

Info, fixes, walkarounds...
    I based this port off of THS Build 6, and the Toro AOKP build. I included the gmail, market, and file explorer apps (have titanium backup on your sd card and easily browse through the file explorer to install it...then restore your apps). Everything is working flawlessly except for mms. A walkaround is to download setdns from the market (free)...
    http://market.android.com/details?id=uk.co.mytechie.setDNS
    Open app, choose custom, set dns1 to 8.8.8.8, set dns2 to 66.174.92.214, hit apply, reboot to recovery, wipe cache then dalvik, then reboot. Mms will work identically to all the other mtd based roms (no mms over wifi).

Currently the option in rom control / lockscreen options / enable fast torch is inop so there is no need to add it to the reboot options menu. An easy torch walkaround is to download flashlight + led from the market (free)...
    http://market.android.com/details?id=com.devuni.flashlight
    This app has a nice option that while on lockscreen, shaking (adjustable) the phone will turn on / off the led camera light, along with a lot of other great options.

Currently the option in rom control / lockscreen options / lockscreen wallpaper is inop due to soft resets over all ports. The original dev is working on it.

As far as nav bar options go, under rom control / power menu options, turn on show nav bar toggle. Then, when you press and hold the power button for reboot options, the option to hide / show the nav bar will be there. After toggling this you may have to rotate, or open a different screen to refresh the screen itself where the nav bar was. You could also just hit lock quick.

While docked, and only when using the dock, the miui battery bar shows charging, along with the info under settings / battery. It doesnt show charging on the battery icon itself, or the lock screen. It is charging though. Ill let the roms creator know about this issue.

When rebooting from reboot menu, you have to press reboot then reboot again in order to reboot normally, otherwise leaving it on reboot will reboot you into recovery. Its as if recovery is default if nothing is physically pressed. This is happening over all ports.

**continue to look at the op for newest info, fixes, etc.**

...will edit original post after work later with a lot more info...
    Ive been testing out an aokp build 25 based on ths build 6.5, but now that aokp build 26 is out, im working on getting a build 26 based on ths build 6.5 out by later today...just an update.

I've built a build 25 based the new THS build 6.5 and so far everything is going great...other day of testing and I'll post it in the op.
    Lock screen background wallpaper doesn't work either but not really a big deal xD it would be pretty cool to have though

Lock screen background wallpaper doesn't work either but not really a big deal xD it would be pretty cool to have though

The original dev is aware and working on it...thanks.