Using ErwinP's CM-9 ROM, its fast with some issues

Search This thread

rajumack07

Hello all,

Today i installed the CM-9 ROM by ErwinP on my 1 year old Wildfire.

Its good with some issues:
1. Camera doesn't work.
2. gallery has a bug. The albums were visible when we tap and hold on the screen and drag to left or right. when we lift the finger the screen goes blank.
3. menu loading is slow every time.
4. screen lock is present but you have to select slide in the lock screen settings.

For any further issues, i'll update here, as I am new to this forum.

Some facts:

The ROM after install takes 151.8 MB of internal memory.
I have custom MTD partition of 160MB and 15MB cache. I'm getting 290 of internal memory but the system initially is taking 40 MB(I don't know why.)
So, usable is 250MB internal memory.

pauch_19@yahoo.com

Oct 24, 2010
Hello all,

Today i installed the CM-9 ROM by ErwinP on my 1 year old Wildfire.

Its good with some issues:
1. Camera doesn't work.
2. gallery has a bug. The albums were visible when we tap and hold on the screen and drag to left or right. when we lift the finger the screen goes blank.
3. menu loading is slow every time.
4. screen lock is present but you have to select slide in the lock screen settings.

For any further issues, i'll update here, as I am new to this forum.

Some facts:

The ROM after install takes 151.8 MB of internal memory.
I have custom MTD partition of 160MB and 15MB cache. I'm getting 290 of internal memory but the system initially is taking 40 MB(I don't know why.)
So, usable is 250MB internal memory.

first two issues you pointed are already given issues. read op to check common issues present as well as replacement app particularly for gallery and some other stuff.

other than that i think i dont have any issues like the other things you mentioned.

try 210/25 custom mtd partitions...it worked for me:D

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield
I installed the market v3.4.4 backed up previously. When I open it, it shutdowns automatically. kindly, guide me.

Did you flash Google apps first? Or just install 3.4.4 apk?

You need to flash gapps I think, don't bother with 3.4.4 you should get an auto update to the new play one eventually.

Sent from my Wildfire using xda premium

Lesicnik1

Feb 12, 2011
Slovenj Gradec
Did you flash Google apps first? Or just install 3.4.4 apk?

You need to flash gapps I think, don't bother with 3.4.4 you should get an auto update to the new play one eventually.

Yeah, you'll need the entire gapps since the market also relies on some extra stuff.
(I had the same problem when I just installed the market .apk on my Elf.)

Sent from my Ainol Novo7 Elf using xda premium

pauch_19@yahoo.com

Oct 24, 2010
that's probably the reason why you have more space on your internal memory because you forgot to flash gapps. incase you havent, flash gapps as what scratch and nejc suggested.. its also posted in op. its the latest gapps, about 52 mb in size so you will have to set your mtd partitions to default which is 250. im using the modified version which is just about 19 mb.:D

goodluck!

rajumack07

First of all thanks to all(Scratch0805,pauch_19 and nejc121) for your support in providing the information.

After getting the solution suggested by "Scratch0805". I again installed the ROM and along with the gapps at the same time. This time, I have taken the partition as 200 and 20. And after the boot, in terminal i found that system is using 186.4 MB. Still 13.6MB left.

Note: i installed the gapps with the size 51.88MB unmodified zip.

Now, everything works as it should have with camera as the exception.

One thing I want to know, what should be the CPU settings to follow for more than a day of battery life. Previously, i was using ON-DEMAND with 264-672MHz
and getting less than 22hrs of backup in CM7.

Last edited:

pauch_19@yahoo.com

Oct 24, 2010
First of all thanks to all(Scratch0805,pauch_19 and nejc121) for your support in providing the information.

After getting the solution suggested by "Scratch0805". I again installed the ROM and along with the gapps at the same time. This time, I have taken the partition as 200 and 20. And after the boot, in terminal i found that system is using 186.4 MB. Still 13.6MB left.

Note: i installed the gapps with the size 51.88MB unmodified zip.

Now, everything works as it should have with camera as the exception.

One thing I want to know, what should be the CPU settings to follow for more than a day of battery life. Previously, i was using ON-DEMAND with 264-672MHz
and getting less than 22hrs of backup in CM7.

mine is 352/729 smartassv2. on minimal - regular use, mine last a day and a half..i really think it depends on phone usage. :D

rajumack07

@pauch_19 : So, it means you are not using any apps to control the cpu settings.
I also used the smartassv2 governor and i found that backup decreases as it was in on-demand.

But, the smoothness in using gets better in smartassv2. So, can you tell me which governor will be better in terms of battery life and speed or any post where its mentioned.

pauch_19@yahoo.com

Oct 24, 2010
atm i dont have too many apps which is also i think one reason why my phone is alot smoother, responsive and gives me a very decent battery life. In performance - processor, my cpu frequency minimum is 352 and 729 max. i used this values even when i was on cm7 nightlies coz its much stable..havent tried it at 768 though:D cpu governor is smartass v2.

Reactions: rajumack07

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield
@pauch_19 : So, it means you are not using any apps to control the cpu settings.
I also used the smartassv2 governor and i found that backup decreases as it was in on-demand.

But, the smoothness in using gets better in smartassv2. So, can you tell me which governor will be better in terms of battery life and speed or any post where its mentioned.

I'm using the miui rom which is basically a modified version of cm9, I use setcpu just to set an underclock profile for when the screen goes off. My settings are on demand176/576 and powersave 176/352 as I've noticed that unless i'm straining the cpu by playing angry birds or watching a video with on demand my cpu tends to stay low doing normal things like making a phone call or checking xda but with smartassv2 it seems to jump high even when it doesn't really need to.

rajumack07

@pauch_19 : As for your settings goes, it good for performance. And you are also getting good life out of it. Nice to know that. I also read a post earlier where members are saying CM7 is better than SplashMOD. If its true, kindly tell me If you know which CM7 nightlies version do i use and how to remove the apps(I once used CM7 # 256,I didn't like the camera UI but it was smooth though) I then, switched to SplashMOD 1.6.

@Scratch0805 : I like the CPU settings you were using. I will definitely try those when I'll install the SPlashMOD v2.0 downloaded yesterday. But, I haven't tried on 176 because i thought then I'll get delay in getting calls and also lag in the background process. If these are not the issues you are getting, then I will must use these, and I can say that I will get at least 35+hrs of backup. And how MIUI is as compared to CM9?

thanks again for the responses I'm getting.

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield
Somewhere in themes and apps section is a thread for miui camera, its a flashable zip which will give you a much nicer camera ui than the cm7 one.

Miui is beautiful as a standalone Rom but gets even better if your prepared to put some effort in, it has the same bugs as cm9, but spend a few hours setting up workarounds and it runs like a dream, I only have 2 problems now 1 is the camera (nevermind tho, I have a digital cam anyway) 2 is if you like theming your phone miui is awesome for it, the only problem is it was designed for hdpi and gingerbread so all the top themes need modding to fit ldpi and ics.

Reactions: T3nd3rB33£

pauch_19@yahoo.com

Oct 24, 2010
@pauch_19 : As for your settings goes, it good for performance. And you are also getting good life out of it. Nice to know that. I also read a post earlier where members are saying CM7 is better than SplashMOD. If its true, kindly tell me If you know which CM7 nightlies version do i use and how to remove the apps(I once used CM7 # 256,I didn't like the camera UI but it was smooth though) I then, switched to SplashMOD 1.6.

@Scratch0805 : I like the CPU settings you were using. I will definitely try those when I'll install the SPlashMOD v2.0 downloaded yesterday. But, I haven't tried on 176 because i thought then I'll get delay in getting calls and also lag in the background process. If these are not the issues you are getting, then I will must use these, and I can say that I will get at least 35+hrs of backup. And how MIUI is as compared to CM9?

thanks again for the responses I'm getting.

Personally I haven't tried Splashmod so I really couldnt say CM7 is better. I only tried CM7 and Im really impressed at how Cyanogen turned it into a very nice and fast rom. Before trying erwin's CM9 I was on nightly 256 build 14 and everything is working well. :)

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield
The camera should be fine on any rom I think, splashmod is basically either cm7 or oxygen (can't remember which one its based on atm as the "dev" changes his mind more often than I change my wallpaper :D) with some apps removed or substituted for another. Underneath though it will always be cm7 or oxygen.

I'm on miui v4 atm and loving it but I'd recommend till you get into the swing either cm7 nightly 256 or keep an eye on the cm7 thread and look for the unofficial builds which have been built by erwinp and cobje, they may have a few bugs though I doubt anything serious otherwise they wouldn't release it + we are still clinging on to some fairly talented people that will most likely suss out the bugs and let everyone know how to fix them in the thread.

Akopop

Feb 16, 2012
Well CM9 is really great, i love it, but sometimes my phone randomly reboot. Especially when i start phone.apk. Anybody with the same problem? I'm running on 352-710 MHz.

Also my GPS doesn't work. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm using the miui rom which is basically a modified version of cm9, I use setcpu just to set an underclock profile for when the screen goes off. My settings are on demand176/576 and powersave 176/352 as I've noticed that unless i'm straining the cpu by playing angry birds or watching a video with on demand my cpu tends to stay low doing normal things like making a phone call or checking xda but with smartassv2 it seems to jump high even when it doesn't really need to.

atm i dont have too many apps which is also i think one reason why my phone is alot smoother, responsive and gives me a very decent battery life. In performance - processor, my cpu frequency minimum is 352 and 729 max. i used this values even when i was on cm7 nightlies coz its much stable..havent tried it at 768 though:D cpu governor is smartass v2.
    Somewhere in themes and apps section is a thread for miui camera, its a flashable zip which will give you a much nicer camera ui than the cm7 one.

Miui is beautiful as a standalone Rom but gets even better if your prepared to put some effort in, it has the same bugs as cm9, but spend a few hours setting up workarounds and it runs like a dream, I only have 2 problems now 1 is the camera (nevermind tho, I have a digital cam anyway) 2 is if you like theming your phone miui is awesome for it, the only problem is it was designed for hdpi and gingerbread so all the top themes need modding to fit ldpi and ics.

hi Scratch0805, wher can i get the miui v4 rom you speak of? i found a topic on an miui v4 rom but its for the desire hd, is that the rom ur talking about? if not would you post a link to it pls?

thanx
    It was on the first page of our Development forum. ಠ_ಠ
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1517856
    Loving Erwin P's ICS rom so far, just installed, going through the dreary process of installing apps one by one, that said. ICS is awesome :) I know the rom's still a little way off completion (I can live without the camera for now) but it's fantastic.