Which battery i should buy

Search This thread

terminator1983

Jan 2, 2012
I am planning to buy a new battery bcoz the one i got is not showing accurate charge and stays on 1% most of the time from the first day.If someone knows a website from where i can buy a battery that can show correct charge reading on the battery indicator plz do tell me.I would also like to know if there is a extended battery that shows the correct charge and can fit in stock battery cover.

Thanks

ericjwdchen

Feb 27, 2012
Have you tried fully draining that battery? I was having the same issues where my phone would hang at one percent. But after a full drain it can solve the issue. After draining try to charge it to one hundred.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA

terminator1983

Jan 2, 2012
Have you tried fully draining that battery? I was having the same issues where my phone would hang at one percent. But after a full drain it can solve the issue. After draining try to charge it to one hundred.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA

I have tried that many times its not working for me and i don't think so it will work bcoz when i checked the total capacity of the battery in a root explorer charge-full-design is only showing 500 which should be 1880.

terminator1983

Jan 2, 2012
I have followed this and almost all other battery calibration tutorial threads given here but nothing worked.

Pbwizkid

Feb 27, 2012
Weatherford
When its is fully charged or says it is what mv reading do u have?

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

Last edited:

terminator1983

Jan 2, 2012
When its is fully charged or says it is what mv reading do u have?

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

The phone charges to 100 % before reaching the total mv but when i keep it on charge for more time it charges to 4200mv.Actually battery life is fine just like a normal battery the only problem is that the phone doesn't recognize it as 1880mah battery that's what i think bcoz charge-full-design is 500mah which should be 1880mah.

aquil3000

Mar 25, 2010
Atlanta, GA
If you do end up buying a new battery, try and buy one from Motorola. There may be off-brand companies with low-priced one, but they most likely will not old a charge for as long as an OEM battery.

tomaslxix

Feb 28, 2012
Los Angeles
I bought two Anker ones on Amazon and they came with a charger that charges them outside of the phone as well. Three batteries and an external charger and you're ready for anything. Haven't noticed that they last longer, but if you've got enough, it doesnt matter how long they last :D

terminator1983

Jan 2, 2012
I bought two Anker ones on Amazon and they came with a charger that charges them outside of the phone as well. Three batteries and an external charger and you're ready for anything. Haven't noticed that they last longer, but if you've got enough, it doesnt matter how long they last :D

How is the battery meter is it showing the charge correctly or like mine drops to 1% and stay there for many hours until the phone power off.

terminator1983

Jan 2, 2012
Nope, hasn't happened to me. Maybe try some recalibrating or something or wipe your battery stats... Mine have been totally normal ever since I got them

If u have a rooted atrix can check how much value charge-full-design is showing with ur Anker battery.

/sys/class/power_supply/batter/charge_full_design.