Bootload Loop

Search This thread

12Fully

Mar 15, 2012
Kansas City
Google Pixel 6 Pro
So I just got this HTC Vivid and some how I managed to put it in a bootload loop. I've flashed many ROMs in the past without any problems at all, but failed to do so on this one. The ROM I tried flashing was "[ROM] Dark Raider 1.0 [4.0.3][Aroma Installer][4-13-2012]" (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1586613) Everytime I turn the phone on it would just keep rebooting over and over, I tried reflashing a different ROM and now every time I turn on my phone it automatically goes into fastboot. I've tried looking around but I haven't found a solution to this problem. Anyone help?

daspazz

Mar 26, 2012
H0ust0ned
Try this...............

So I just got this HTC Vivid and some how I managed to put it in a bootload loop. I've flashed many ROMs in the past without any problems at all, but failed to do so on this one. The ROM I tried flashing was "[ROM] Dark Raider 1.0 [4.0.3][Aroma Installer][4-13-2012]" (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1586613) Everytime I turn the phone on it would just keep rebooting over and over, I tried reflashing a different ROM and now every time I turn on my phone it automatically goes into fastboot. I've tried looking around but I haven't found a solution to this problem. Anyone help?

I think Dark Raider is not for the Holiday or Vivid. Not sure. I do believe its developed by pirateghost, and he could be your "savior". Go to goo.im (Goo inside me). http://goo.im/devs/pirateghost/vivid and look in the rum_float folder and download beta4 NOT BETA.5. Then flash with that and you should be good. Flashing instructions can be found in the Vivid Super Guide thread..

You can also try the rooted OTA ICS firmware in the root of pg's directory to get back to a base ICS working ROM. I know that both of those work as I've been where you are now 3 times in the last 5 days due to playing with my phone and flashing ROMS. I tried pg's beta 5 last night and soft-bricked my Vivid twice, then recovered it it with Beta 4 and didn't loose a thing. For some reason I thought flashing the ROM (zip) over system was a good idea! D'0H!!!! :rolleyes:

All you have to do is use the third method in the flashing ROMs section close to the bottom of post 1 from the Super Guide link above. Just copy the boot.img out of the zip and flash.

fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot reboot

Don't forget to flash the kernel too. I am using faux123s beta 4 kernel for now. works great for a beta!

If you need more help ask and I will do my best to get you back up and running! :D

Last edited:
L

lmftmf

I think Dark Raider is not for the Holiday or Vivid. Not sure. I do believe its developed by pirateghost, and he could be your "savior". Go to goo.im (Goo inside me). http://goo.im/devs/pirateghost/vivid and look in the rum_float folder and download beta4 NOT BETA.5. Then flash with that and you should be good. Flashing instructions can be found in the Vivid Super Guide thread..

You can also try the rooted OTA ICS firmware in the root of pg's directory to get back to a base ICS working ROM. I know that both of those work as I've been where you are now 3 times in the last 5 days due to playing with my phone and flashing ROMS. I tried pg's beta 5 last night and soft-bricked my Vivid twice, then recovered it it with Beta 4 and didn't loose a thing. For some reason I thought flashing the ROM (zip) over system was a good idea! D'0H!!!! :rolleyes:

All you have to do is use the third method in the flashing ROMs section close to the bottom of post 1 from the Super Guide link above. Just copy the boot.img out of the zip and flash.

fastboot reboot

Don't forget to flash the kernel too. I am using faux123s beta 4 kernel for now. works great for a beta!

If you need more help ask and I will do my best to get you back up and running! :D
Dark Raider is made by nottach and it works on the vivid, Or at least it did on mine :)
Have you flashed the boot.img file?

12Fully

Mar 15, 2012
Kansas City
Google Pixel 6 Pro

fastboot reboot

Thanks a lot I'll give it a try later today and post back!

Dark Raider is made by nottach and it works on the vivid, Or at least it did on mine :)
Have you flashed the boot.img file?

That was the first thing I did... I grabbed the boot.img from the zip and flashed it with adb.

Jirv311

Mar 30, 2008
Johnstown
Dark Raider is almost specifically for the Vivid as it was built from an AT&T Vivid base. You don't flash the boot.img through ADB, you flash through fastboot.

Sent from my HTC Vivid

L

lmftmf

With the bootloader locked it won't let me go into Recovery though.
It sounds like you need to flash your boot.img twice and you do that using fastboot. Im not understanding why istatik is telling you to relock. Maybe to return to stock? But you should flash the boot.img thats either in the OP or in the rom zip file itself through fastboot as

fastboot reboot

stated above. That boot.img file seems to be why your bootlooping.

12Fully

Mar 15, 2012
Kansas City
Google Pixel 6 Pro
It sounds like you need to flash your boot.img twice and you do that using fastboot. Im not understanding why istatik is telling you to relock. Maybe to return to stock? But you should flash the boot.img thats either in the OP or in the rom zip file itself through fastboot as

stated above. That boot.img file seems to be why your bootlooping.

This is exactly what I'm doing: I grab the boot.img from the zip file and place it in the same directory on my PC with my fastboot/ADB. I put my phone in fastboot and plug it into my PC. I then open up a command prompt and change the directory to my folder with fastboot/ADB. I then type the command: fastboot flash boot boot.img and am prompted with:

C:\ADB>fastboot flash boot boot.img
sending 'boot' (3860 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.820s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 1.810s]
finished. total time: 2.630s

After that I enter the command: fastboot reboot-bootloader and my phone reboots and goes back into bootloader. When I try to open up Recovery my phone opens it for a second and then just tries to reboot normally, and bootloops.

daspazz

Mar 26, 2012
H0ust0ned
Just be sure!!

I returned my phone to stock so now it works. Is there a certain thing I need to do before flashing a ROM just so I can be sure I don't mess up again?

That you are flashing a ROM for the Vivid or Holiday device.

I think the Dark_Raider file might be since it's in the Vivid development Forum. But I haven't used it.

Look in the developmental thread and read some more.

Last edited: