LOCKED BL: Protest Thread. ☆☆PETITION is live!!!☆☆

Search This thread

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com
If everyone retweets this we may get an official response from AT&T. http://twitter.com/#!/PaulOBrien/status/198711794947203072

Yes everyone re-tweet this... Maybe being vulgar like some on the FB page isnt the answer.. Catch more flies with sugar than vinegar...Paul asks a good question. If you have twitter, just click that link and then hit re-tweet to your followers button..

Oh and all of who are new to ATT as of this week arent familiar with the VIVID deal.. Could someone please explain what happened with that? thanks and RE TWEET http://twitter.com/#!/PaulOBrien/status/198711794947203072

Maroon Mushroom

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Yes everyone re-tweet this... Maybe being vulgar like some on the FB page isnt the answer.. Catch more flies with sugar than vinegar...Paul asks a good question. If you have twitter, just click that link and then hit re-tweet to your followers button..

Oh and all of who are new to ATT as of this week arent familiar with the VIVID deal.. Could someone please explain what happened with that? thanks and RE TWEET http://twitter.com/#!/PaulOBrien/status/198711794947203072

Added to OP and retweeted.

Maroon Mushroom

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, Oregon

rev1775

Feb 14, 2012
Hanover, Pa
Aah okay, wasn't completely sure, seems all the online sources talking about this are getting the canned reply.

I really want on of these but, don't want to use the 30 day return period in hopes of this getting settled and then finding out it might be 6 months or longer if at all.

Guess the wait is on..

Bigjim1488

Feb 19, 2008
New York
Retweeted the heck out of that article. I guess I may just keep rocking my unlocked nexus. I was actually all ready to return it before this whole locked boot loader thing came along

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

xdp

Nov 30, 2010
I was interested in getting this phone until I read this. Not anymore. So tell me AT&T, do you want my business or not? Your call.

Artimus009

Apr 30, 2011
Jacksonvillle
What's a few days to see if it gets unlocked? If it does, then....

Sent from my HTC One X using a locked bootloader and XDA

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336261957754.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336261957754.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 177

lfwake08

Dec 29, 2008
North Florida
american carriers downright BLOW

i will say the only two good parts are:
a. theres so many really smart guys on these forums that get really creative with this kind of thing
b. theres a 30-day return with AT&T
ill pick it up tomorrow, as planned, and if it turns out no one has figured out a solution in the next month i can return it for an SGSII. definitely not cool on ATT's part, but not the end of the world either.

also- when i pick up the phone at the AT&T store ill make a stink about it, but lets take it easy on the ATT reps theyre not the ones callin the shots.

Last edited:

cinnabar

May 6, 2012
KY
i will say the only two good parts are:
a. theres so many really smart guys on these forums that get really creative with this kind of thing
b. theres a 30-day return with AT&T
ill pick it up tomorrow, as planned, and if it turns out no one has figured out a solution in the next month i can return it for an SGSII. definitely not cool on ATT's part, but not the end of the world either.

also- when i pick up the phone at the AT&T store ill make a stink about it, but lets take it easy on the ATT reps theyre not the ones callin the shots.

With the One X debuting tomorrow (5/6) the Galaxy S II will become EOL in corporate stores. You may be able to get it at resellers or online. That being said if you get the One x at a corporate store you may not be able to do a 30-day exchange for the GS2. Just beware... I work at a corp store

Justjusten

Jan 2, 2010
Been commenting under "Robert Dole" on the facebook page since last night on everything.

I also have brought this to the attention of two editors (Myriam, Terrence) on Engadget directly via comments and podcasts chats on thier site. I also 'tipped' Engadget about it as well. Hopefully they will run a story on it.

EDIT: The more people that help, even just something as a simple post on att's FB page the better. Strength in numbers! Get everyone involved even if they don't have a One X!

Hahaha I just saw you on there

Namidairo

Jan 26, 2012
The only reason that the bootloader is locked it so that you can't flash over their ROM to get to the wireless tethering settings without paying a min $50 a month data plan.

I don't know how your carriers are allowed to do this(Or more aptly, how YOU let your carriers do this)... Over here we went a bit postal when they tried the same and they abolished the charges soon after.

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
The only reason that the bootloader is locked it so that you can't flash over their ROM to get to the wireless tethering settings without paying a min $50 a month data plan.

I don't know how your carriers are allowed to do this(Or more aptly, how YOU let your carriers do this)... Over here we went a bit postal when they tried the same and they abolished the charges soon after.

Cuz the only people that have balls to do anything or say anything about it are here on xda and just fix the problem on thier own. Most people here in the US are sheeple.

Reactions: doschico

The_Zodiac

Aug 28, 2010
Unknown
engadget posted an article about this. Specifically mentioning modaco and xda forums!

We are definitely bringing attention to this issue, which puts pressure on att/htc (mostly art though cuz they are the issue)

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

edit: oops got a little too excited and missed the other post about this

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Cuz the only people that have balls to do anything or say anything about it are here on xda and just fix the problem on thier own. Most people here in the US are sheeple.

exactly we wont take this lying down. well fight for an official release and if we dont get one soon, try to get an unofficial one going :D

Last edited:

doschico

Apr 20, 2011
Seattle, Miami & Chicago
Like a sugar coated turd

The rotten Apple is AT&T's cash cow. Apple sues and whines about every advancement that they perceive as competition. Could AT&T be suckling on their teet to screw HTC and us over?
Anyway, a locked boot loader makes this device a sugar coated turd.

steezee

Aug 5, 2008
Flame me all you want... But I think it has lot to do with the phone not being technically released until this morning and HTC isn't going to update the tool on a Sunday...I mean the Vivid has an unlock tool and (even though I used attn1's hack kit and wouldn't use the tool on the website) the Inspire is supported... I really think it's too early to be complaining since the phone isn't supposed to be in stores for a few more hours...

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Last edited:

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
Flame me all you want... But I think it has lot to do with the phone not being technically released until this morning and HTC isn't going to update the tool on a Sunday...I mean the Vivid has an unlock tool and (even though I used attn1's hack kit and wouldn't use the tool on the website) the Inspire is supported... I really think it's too early to be complaining since the phone isn't supposed to be in stores for a few more hours...

The vivid didn't get unlocked for nearly 2 months while the sister versions raider and velocity were unlockable from day one. Again, this is an at&t thing.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

steezee

Aug 5, 2008
The rotten Apple is AT&T's cash cow. Apple sues and whines about every advancement that they perceive as competition. Could AT&T be suckling on their teet to screw HTC and us over?
Anyway, a locked boot loader makes this device a sugar coated turd.

Also if you haven't noticed they have been pushing the Lumia 900 extremely hard lately... So I don't think if has anything to do with Apple... The other day Ralph de la Vega was on CNBC and they kept asking about Apple products and he started pimping the Lumia (also the iPhone is discounted more than any other device so they don't seem to be pushing it like they did when it had exclusive to them

Top Liked Posts