I've scratched the screen

Search This thread

winwiz

Oct 26, 2007
How, I have no bloody idea. Needless to say, I am pretty hacked off.

Its a fine hairline scratch smack bang in the middle of the phone.

am I the only unlucky one to have scratched the screen? I've kept it in a case without a screen protector, but I'll have to invest in one now!!!!! arrghhhhh :mad:

Edit: I've tried to capture the scratch, but its very difficult, here is an attempt attached!

Last edited:

Onkel kostja

Apr 14, 2012
No you are not alone. i got the same somehow. First time ever on any phone. right in the middle of the screen.

Wtrt

Apr 21, 2010
Leuven
It is not quite visible on the pic.

Glass only gets scratched by materials which are harder than glass. Keys, knifes, etc don't usually have the hardness to scratch glass (hence the uselessness of scratch tests in my opinion).

Sand however is the most common culprit (as it is all around us). You might have had some in your pocket and due to some kind of leg movement (ie sitting down) enough pressure and friction was applied to scratch the glass.

I currently am struggling to find a decent fitting screen protector, the htc screen protector and the rock screen protector (which came as a gift with a brilliant case I am writing a review about).
I haven't really heard of any decent "film" protectors. The skin protectors (zagg and skinomi) are not an option for me (I have to admit I have only tried zagg for numerous devices, and haven't tried skinomi yet. however I am certain they feel exactly the same to zagg) as they feel tacky and put too much grip on the screen. And that I detest.

myself11

Oct 11, 2009
+1. One can only notice it with some light angles, but it's pretty long. Don't know how it happened.

winwiz

Oct 26, 2007
I've just ordered a Zagg full body protector. I'm not taking the risk again.

lawrence750

Jul 18, 2008
Berkshire
Mine had a very tiny scratch (i think from when really drunk lol), altho I've had 2 replacements since anyways for flicker and dead pixels.
I can't stand screen protectors, they always make the screen look dirty (no I didn't get dirt stuck behind it) they just look horrible , the otterbox one the same thing, so I ended up taking off that screen protector and using the case without it (on dhd) , main thing tbh, make sure your pockets are clean, and always make sure the screen is as well before putting in the pocket

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Last edited:

byakuugan

Jun 19, 2009
Looks like I'm not alone... have two tiny scratches just above the capacitive buttons area... Could live with it but it's annoying sometimes lol

never scratched my htc magic and htc dhd... why oh why

bozza1001

Dec 24, 2010
huddersfield
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Scratched myn in a couple of places but I work with cnc machines and get little bits of sharp metal on it microscopic peaces but major scratchs so took it back to shop n replaced it blamed it on the screen flicker lol get my new one x today stuck with my ATRIX for now

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

treebill

Jan 28, 2011
First thing I did was that the "im the one you've been waiting for" off and but a screen protected on, also HTC screen protectors are fiddly as hell as they only have one tab on the edge to hold it :l.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

barryfell

Jan 13, 2009
Grrrr, i've managed to scratch mine as well after having a credit card in the same pocket. I'll never put it in a pocket with anything again, it can't be trusted not to scratch.

I've never managed to scratch a phone in my life. (All HTC's since they started making phones.)

ErrorInLogic

Nov 4, 2011
got a scatch on mine somehow too, no clue how it happened but i never put it in the same pocket as anything else. i wanted to cry :(

Nitin985

Jun 30, 2010
I scratched mine as well, since it was after I had just been sent a replacement I said it can back with a scratch and got a replacement that I'm getting today. Mine got scratched my my iPod touches screen which was cracked. Best thing to get is a pouch when putting it into your pocket

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App

crsnwby

Jul 16, 2010
I havent scratched mine, do I win a prize or something? thats the way this thread is going......

troy740

Oct 24, 2007
I'm happy nw because I'm not alone in this issue. I'm wondering how and why? First time to happen in all my htc phones D):

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You didn't take a screen cap of the screen to show the scratch did you..?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium