[APP]Mobile FTP Client

Search This thread

GMEKS

Jul 6, 2009
Mobile FTP Client is FTP client for windows mobile 5/6 or above that allows users to download or upload files to a FTP server.

Downloading_v2.png

Features
•Support for download and upload ( Including multi files at once )
•Stores traffic data on a pr site basis.
•Support both passive and active connections
•Site manager to store login information to multiple sites
•Minimal installation size ( around 200kb )
•Automatically switches between passive and active mode
•Automatic system detecting new versions

Requirements
•.NET Compact framework 2.0 ( More info )
•Device support resolutions above 200x200 ( Anything lower may create UI issues )
•Network connection on the device

Home page: here
Download: Installer via ActiveSync
Download cab file: here
BETA Download: Installer via ActiveSync
BETA Download cab file: here
Please consider downloading the BETA version, it has many improvements and i would love some feedback.

This program is free, i would love some feedback. I know the program is not perfect yet, and as i got a bit more time now id love to be able to improve it based on feedback.
As i switched from a HTC HD to a HTC Touch2 Pro i see the app could be improved with some keyboard hotkeys.

Side note, i posted about this app before in this forum, but sadly in the incorrect forum ( Link ).

BeeGee_Tokyo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Nice and light FTP client

I like your FTP client. It is small and easy to use. Unfortunately it has a problem with my FTP server. See attached screenshot. It is working with TotalCommander and RescoFTP.

Your FTP client works fine with other FTP servers, so the problem might be on my side. The FTP is running on an Synology Diskstation. OS is Linux, but for the FTP server they use some strange stuff.

If it helps for testing, here is the public access data for the FTP server

giesecke.tk
Port 21
user xda
password => PM me for the password

its my TOPAZ file mirror.

If I can add a wish, try to make the UI more finger friendly. On my Topaz I still have a stylus, but on my next device, an HD2, there will be no more stylus, everything has to be done by your fingertips.

Attachments

• ScreenShot3.jpg
    ScreenShot3.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:

GMEKS

Jul 6, 2009
I like your FTP client. It is small and easy to use. Unfortunately it has a problem with my FTP server. See attached screenshot. It is working with TotalCommander and RescoFTP.

Your FTP client works fine with other FTP servers, so the problem might be on my side. The FTP is running on an Synology Diskstation. OS is Linux, but for the FTP server they use some strange stuff.

If it helps for testing, here is the public access data for the FTP server

giesecke.tk
Port 21
user xda
password xda

its my TOPAZ file mirror.

If I can add a wish, try to make the UI more finger friendly. On my Topaz I still have a stylus, but on my next device, an HD2, there will be no more stylus, everything has to be done by your fingertips.

Il connect to your ftp during the weekend and test some more, but from the error report i recived from the FTP client it seems there is a bug where the ftp directry listing type is out of order.

Last edited:

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Il connect to your ftp during the weekend and test some more, but from the error report i recived from the FTP client it seems there is a bug where the ftp directry listing type is out of order.

Hey, thanks for checking this. I attached a picture of the directory structure that the FTP client should see. If you need me to do anything on the FTP server side for your testing, let me know.

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 101

GMEKS

Jul 6, 2009
Hey, thanks for checking this. I attached a picture of the directory structure that the FTP client should see. If you need me to do anything on the FTP server side for your testing, let me know.

I got it listing the directory, but im unable to change directories. Did you restrict my rights?

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
I got it listing the directory, but im unable to change directories. Did you restrict my rights?

No, user XDA has the rights to change directories and download files. The XDA account is public to download Topaz ROMs and other stuff.

I guess it is the strange FTP server application. On the Synology forum I saw a lot of complains. If you do not get it working it's ok, as your application is working with other FTP servers.

gfinockio

Aug 23, 2008
Tried it - I can load the home/root directory, but as soon as I try to change to another directory, it times out.

Looked promising, but not working for me.

GMEKS

Jul 6, 2009
Yea thats the bug im having on gfinockio s server. Il hopefully have a udpate this weekend

GMEKS

Jul 6, 2009
Update released, should fix the unable to change directory and also should be able to read all directories

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Update released, should fix the unable to change directory and also should be able to read all directories

Sorry still not working.

See attached screenshots.
First it looks ok (shot1). But when I change to folder Cooked_ROMs, (shot2) still the top folder structure is shown. But the log says I changed directory. When I try to open CustomRUU folder then an error message is in the log (shot3).

I use .NETcf 3.5 on Topaz WM6.5 build 21909.

[EDIT]
The FTP server is a linux machine, so folder names are case sensitive. Maybe that is the problem?

Attachments

• ScreenShot1.jpg
    ScreenShot1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 57
  • ScreenShot2.jpg
    ScreenShot2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 45
  • ScreenShot3.jpg
    ScreenShot3.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

GMEKS

Jul 6, 2009
Il test the folders you used.

when i was testing against your FTP i was able to change into some folders but others where refused ( I assume that was because of rights )

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Il test the folders you used.

when i was testing against your FTP i was able to change into some folders but others where refused ( I assume that was because of rights )

User xda has no restrictions. All folders and files are accessible. I checked with FTP client from my PC.

If you give me a beta version that creates a log file, I can help you to find out whats going wrong.

GMEKS

Jul 6, 2009

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
That worked for me:
http://www.thexsoft.com/DownloadFolder/download.php?file=MobileFTPClientSetupBeta
http://www.thexsoft.com/DownloadFolder/download.php?file=MobileFTPClientSetupBeta

Both files downloaded to a file, try again now? Could have been some issue with the ISP.
Typicly when you get that 0byte long download i forgot upload the files :(

Sorry, misunderstanding. I could download your Beta version.
But when I try to download a file from my FTP server, I get 0 Byte length files and the download is finished immediately. On top, after that I am disconnected from my FTP server. See attached screenshots.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1.jpg
    ScreenShot1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 8
  • ScreenShot2.jpg
    ScreenShot2.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 8
  • ScreenShot3.jpg
    ScreenShot3.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 10
  • ScreenShot4.jpg
    ScreenShot4.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 8
  • ScreenShot5.jpg
    ScreenShot5.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 8

GMEKS

Jul 6, 2009
Cool il test that when i get back, i did try to download some random file and it seemed to work just fine. Might be some other fun bug in there

GMEKS

Jul 6, 2009
Sorry, misunderstanding. I could download your Beta version.
But when I try to download a file from my FTP server, I get 0 Byte length files and the download is finished immediately. On top, after that I am disconnected from my FTP server. See attached screenshots.

Please redownload and try now.

If you run into issues, there is a option to log console that could be usefull.

deedee

May 28, 2007
Coleraine
Working fine for me on my HD Mini - HVGA.

Can I add a +1 to the request for more finger friendly configuration dialogues.

Really useful, now I can just store all my CAB files for a reinstall on an FTP server.