Update 3.1???

Search This thread

Neoprimal

Apr 20, 2007
Alexandria, VA
I'm on 1.145.09 and still haven't gotten it I'm wondering if there is a way to downgrade what i have to a version that is getting it.

oh and my friend told me that there are a few apps that no longer seem to be installed but he never removed them can anyone confirm this has happened to them after they upgraded?

As in Acer installed apps or apps he installed and the update removed?
I am not noticing anything in particular. All the Apps I installed are definitely still there. I never used most of the Acer apps anyway, but from memory what I had is still there.

ducky12432

Apr 13, 2011
Auburn
apps that he installed himself. not sure what ones but he says he didn't uninstall them before and now they are not there.

i think they are ones that he put on by downloading them from outside the market.

Neoprimal

Apr 20, 2007
Alexandria, VA
apps that he installed himself. not sure what ones but he says he didn't uninstall them before and now they are not there.

i think they are ones that he put on by downloading them from outside the market.

I haven't seen that. It added Nook and Movie Studio to mine but nothing removed.

It also seems to have cleared the 'shelves'. You know those 'folders' where you can put your app icons in there. I use them to store all my app icons for certain genre of apps. But it didn't actually remove the apps from the device.

Last edited:

jeremyalms

Apr 9, 2010
Acer FAIL!

Here is a transcript of my experience with ACER:

Sujith: Jeermy, Android 3.1 upgrade is already available.
Jeermy Alms: yes, but my unit is not upgrading
Sujith: Have you tried upgrading the system?
Jeermy Alms: yes, i have gone to settings -> about -> upgrade
Jeermy Alms: many times
Sujith: We provide upgrade through your carrier.
Jeermy Alms: the iconia tab a500 is not on a carier
Sujith: Please contact your carrier to upgrade the operating system.
Jeermy Alms: it is wifi only

Dumbass.

Sujith: Did you check the updates?
Sujith: Please check the update manually to find Android 3.1.
Jeermy Alms: via settings, about, upgrade?
Sujith: It will be upgraded manually if you have checked in the updates.
Jeermy Alms: where
Sujith: When it is available for your tablet pc, your system will be upgraded automatically.
Jeermy Alms: yes, but how are they doing the roll out? When should I expect it?
Sujith: It will be provided by us according to the priority of the serial number of your tablet pc.

Last edited:

erica_renee

Sep 16, 2010
Louisville
3.2 -4.0

OK when does 3.2 come. Im like soo past this 3.1 update. Lets scream for the next thing
Giggles teasing.
And yes lots of improvements in 3.1 thou it seems a bit slower UI. But video and so on much better go figure
Nice post guys

brucebarrera

Dec 20, 2010
I had problems with OTA, but I updated mine using link below.

http://cdn.acer.futuredial.com/Acer_A500_1.139.04_4.010.24_COM_GEN1_1309952021200_ca2581ee.zip

version is 4.010.24_COM_GEN1 and works fine.

I used thor tool to decrypt the zip file, unzip, and copied update.zip to my SD card. then updated via stock boot loader.
I did an unroot before install.

hey star80 can you explain how you decrypted it and which tool you used and where can i get it?

also you copied the update.zip file to the root of the internal memory of the tablet or does it need to be on an external sd card?

after that you just turn on the tab with the volume up key?

thanks

star80

Jan 11, 2008
Acer update decrypter:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1099673

and here is the guide:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1113878

It says you should put it on external SD card.

hey star80 can you explain how you decrypted it and which tool you used and where can i get it?

also you copied the update.zip file to the root of the internal memory of the tablet or does it need to be on an external sd card?

after that you just turn on the tab with the volume up key?

thanks

Reactions: dgoemans

soloxp

Jun 18, 2007

theomne

Mar 2, 2011
Got my 3.1 update today and now my Market is practically empty. All my existing app are still there but I can't find any new ones, either by searching or looking in categories. Fairly new tablet, stock rom, not rooted. Have an email into Acer support but not expecting much help there. Anyone have any insight?

Looking like this thing is heading for a rooting very quickly...

PC PaiN

Jun 1, 2011
Just received an update which I thought was 3.1 but the file was small. Installed it but everything seems the same. Everything under About tablet seems the same too. Wish I could remember what the update said.

Maliacrete

Jun 11, 2009
Basel
I think it would be an idea for all of us to add the country in which we are so we can spot the update. No update in Switzerland as per this morning.

dgoemans

Sep 10, 2010
Any got Acer_A500_1.141.01_EMEA_GEN3

Has anyone got the 3.1 update for Acer_A500_1.141.01_EMEA_GEN3 yet? If so, the OTA link would be much appreciated! :)

Posting from Holland, haven't got my OTA yet, failed at flashing everything i can find on the forums :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WOW I just got the 3.1 update. My A500 started to get bigger and it ripped out of the case and now I have a 17in Tab with 4 speakers in front a built in stand in back. It's now in 3D and has a slide out keyboard with a mouse you can pull out of the side. It's color is now blazing red and it has a little fan on top to keep me cool while surfing............and then I woke up from my dream and saw my tab is still on 3.0, I live in Michigan:D
    I'm looking through the log but I can't find anything about a .zip or a url. Only thing close i can find is download cancelled.
    Has anyone living on Toronto - Canada received the update?

I haven't received it yet in Toronto, Canada. I just checked about 2 minutes ago.
    Got the update this am - Idaho US.

Starting Rooted: Installing update - > Updated installed - > reboot - > Update Succesful.. Lost Root - > will get back later..

And no still not 3.1.
    not sure if this is well known or not, but while spending time checking for updates I discovered if you quadrupple tap on android version, something cool happens.