[ROM] GooApple V.5 / Goophone 4S (NOT 3G) ''Bestrom.v.4''

Search This thread

rahxephonz

Mar 4, 2007

I already follow instructions step by step until step 8 and I still got English CWM. After I reboot my device, I got Superuser but not Chinese CWM. I also try to use Mobileuncle Tools to update my CWM and it didn't change to Chinese CWM. I don't know why and what I did wrong?

Here is my phone spec:
Goophone 4GS 2G
Model number: 4GS
Build number: 5.0.1(9A406)
Custom Build Version: V2G.12.03.10
My PCB: PCB_E907 MODEM_2G

macsga

Jul 16, 2008
Peloponnese
Xiaomi Mi 10
Most possible reasons for it are:
1.wrong drivers (use another pc and retry the procedure)
2.faulty cable (use an original iphone's one)
3.a script that automatically reinstalls the english cwm

Go for 1 and see what happens.

Reactions: rahxephonz

rahxephonz

Mar 4, 2007
Most possible reasons for it are:

Go for 1 and see what happens.

Macsga, I am still no luck with the thing :confused::confused::confused:

- I already used another pc to do it but it had the same result. Could you give me the driver which you use for flash the phone??

- Already use the original cable

- I use 4GS-Root-RC in the instruction page. After I rooted the phone it will automatically reboot in to CWM but it can't boot up. It show the logo and then go to black screen. I have to press + and power button my self to go CWM. The phone up and it show the same result, show logo and then black screen. I press power button to boot phone and when I use Quick Boot to reboot in CWM it is in English e3. :eek::eek::eek:

My current Rom can't use Android Market that why I want to fix thing up!!

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Last edited:

macsga

Jul 16, 2008
Peloponnese
Xiaomi Mi 10
OK step by step.
1. Go to Settings->Applications->Development. Make sure you have USB debugging on.
2. Connect your phone and wait until it's properly recognized (install drivers as prompted).
3. Run CH-Root and WATCH THE STEPS! DON'T RUSH!
4. There should be a sequence that at the end will finally boot you to the CH-Menu.
5. Follow the instructions on the 1st page to load a rom.

Feb 29, 2012
yhave

yhave, thanks for your help! You put the update on the SD card before you root?
When I try to put after root there already appears to me all in English and I can no longer

I think I deleted some folders when I try to install the room, must have forgotten to backup. Is to recover the lost folders, or someone could send me so I put them on the sd card?

I did what you said but after backing up, I go to the sixth row and me 3 options appear only in Japanese, does not appear any folder.

Someone else can help?

tonelart

Apr 14, 2012
italian rom gooapple v5

Hi I'm Italian and I bought the gooapple v5, I would find a great ROM for my phone, with italian language, someone can help me? thank you

miguelikoO

Apr 12, 2012
Thanks macsga I're being helpful, 4 days ago I received the gooapple v5 and I'm very lost with all this, one other thing if you please, the battery takes a long time to load, is this normal?, I have to leave more than 4 or 5 hours to charge completely while my other android htc desire hd in 2 hours is loaded.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you, thanks

macsga

Jul 16, 2008
Peloponnese
Xiaomi Mi 10
Thanks macsga I're being helpful, 4 days ago I received the gooapple v5 and I'm very lost with all this, one other thing if you please, the battery takes a long time to load, is this normal?, I have to leave more than 4 or 5 hours to charge completely while my other android htc desire hd in 2 hours is loaded.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you, thanks

I've noticed that the cable is somewhat cheap imitation of the apple one. I'm using my original iphone4 cable for charging and it comes along in about 1h. If I were you I'd take an original apple cable & charger off ebay. It will worth the money.

Cheers.

Last edited:

miguelikoO

Apr 12, 2012
Macsga Hello, I bought an original cable but still loading slow, so slow that only 6% loaded in an hour! Not to do, I'm desperate, sorry to bother you again, a greeting

Enviado desde mi I04S usando Tapatalk

macsga

Jul 16, 2008
Peloponnese
Xiaomi Mi 10
Macsga Hello, I bought an original cable but still loading slow, so slow that only 6% loaded in an hour! Not to do, I'm desperate, sorry to bother you again, a greeting

Enviado desde mi I04S usando Tapatalk

Ok, do this. Shut down the phone completely and try to charge it. If you go faster, that means a process that the phone is running consumes A LOT of energy.

Good luck.

miguelikoO

Apr 12, 2012
Still does not load in time I comment, do not understand why it takes so long to load, I started at 21:40 with 12%, are 23:38 and took 28%

regards

miguelikoO

Apr 12, 2012
I have loaded from the PC via USB, and power grid, is taking too long, I guess I'll have to discuss this with whom I sold it here in Madrid as they have technical service, aver that tell me there are so many things that have us in the lyrics ... I'm unhappy with this phone, it is not a high-end terminal but I expected something else

Greetings and thanks for the quick response

miguelikoO

Apr 12, 2012
Aver, I tried putting the ROM but it fails in one step, I put it here:

1. If you've used super one click means that you already have the phone drivers installed on your PC, due to a super strength click this happen. This is good! But Super one click recovery is not installed on the right. You must do the following.

2. Now, make sure you go to Settings> Applications> Development and make sure "USB debugging" is checked. It should be for now.

3. If you do not have it, download "rec root" here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?pik2lpb85ycztff Once downloaded extract it to your computer.

4. Connect your phone to your computer, now open the root folder and double-click REC on 4GS-Root-REC.

5. You will now see a black window that opens. This is known as "command promt". Here you should see is going to start doing some things for yourself, this is good.

6.It asked repeatedly to "press any key to continue ..." do what he says even more that's okay, as I demonstrated in my video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwTbkLvPgzk

At this step all good, but there is a time when the black screen I do not recognize the device and and the phone reboots itself, I can not put the Chinese recovery

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IMPORTANT UPDATE 1:
    As of yesterday (April 21, 2012), I don't have the ability to update/install or experiment with my phone anymore. All of a sudden after an hour's charge, the screen has seized to function. All I have is a blurry, cloudy black and white screen.
    IMPORTANT UPDATE 2:
    I've contacted android-sale for a solution; and I have to admit that the guys were very helpful. I was thinking of paying the extra $ for the newest Y5 model; but at this moment (May 22, 2012) is not yet available so I went for the MeizuMX (dual core, 1.4GHz Samsung CPU).
    As you can understand, from now on, my rom development for GooApple V.5 comes to an end. Also, I can only provide help from memory regarding this rom. I 'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause to you.
    --------------------------
    This thread is dedicated on which is the best rom for GooApple V5; thus it's called Bestrom. It's purpose is to provide the most functional rom available which is able to solve ALL the issues this phone's original roms had. In version 4, I've been based on Von275's (www.anexonel.tk) fine work (version 2.1), tried to make it more stable, eliminate F/C issues and added some bits n pieces here and there. Detailed list follows:

Instructions on how to install it can be found here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21847185&postcount=198
    This is a recovery image taken from my phone via Chinese recovery.

What's inside:
    01. This is called ''Bestrom v.4'' and it's based on von275's 2.1 custom rom.
    02. FAST iOS UI.
    03. Working Wifi based location services & GPS.
    04. QuickBoot.
    05. RootExplorer.
    06. RootUninstaller.
    07. Gmail & Google Apps preinstalled.
    08. Automatically Syncing Calendar and Contacts.
    09. SlideIT keyboard & Greek input method.
    10. Default locale set to English.
    10. Rom is already rooted.
    11. MoboPlayer (Best performance Video player for V5)
    12. Documents 2 Go.
    13. Adobe Flash 11.
    14. Dolphin Browser HD.
    15. Advanced Task Manager.
    16. Removed Smartkeyboard of Von275's rom.

You can download the rom from here:

Bestrom v.4: http://www.mediafire.com/?k635fc2dvnc6emu

Make sure you clear / wipe cache BEFORE restoring. Helps a lot avoiding Force Closing some programs.

Previous versions:
    Bestrom v.3: http://www.mediafire.com/?zz848479c3h73hh
    Bestrom v.2: http://www.mediafire.com/?p0c4hec3pko45p6
    Bestrom v.1: http://www.mediafire.com/?f1es24rgn0zmp72

Please post any bugs and/or requests regarding this rom here.
    Enjoy.
    You just need to restore it. The only drawback I've found out is that an embedded script turns the chinese Clockworkmod back to the official English one; that means you need to reflash the chinese c/w everytime you need to restore any other rom.
    Sorry about that.
    A small question, does bestrom v3 runs so faster like bestrom v1? Because in v1 the main screen scrolls perfectly and I dont want to change to a slower version.. Great job, and thanks!!

You're welcome! I can tell that v3 runs smoothly. It also has features that v1 didn't (like GPS fix). I'd say you make a backup first and try. If you don't like it you can always revert.
    ROM

Here is the link, uploaded by as you requested.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tuz09e6hlve4s35

At the moment, the official website there are 3 new versions, but for some reason I could not flash any of them. He tried to combine new and old, also failed.

apple_ios_v3g_120302.zip
    GOOAPPLE_V5_3G_IOS_12.02.23.zip
    GOOAPPLE_V5_3G_ANDROID_12.02.16.zip
    Solution consists of one step:
    - Flash your old preloader.img with "GOOPHONE4GS-ROOT-REC-CH" software

Decision 2:
    - Install MobileuncleTools.apk
    - Flash your old recovery.img

all packed into the archive and put to you :) http://www.mediafire.com/?1ya6lut3tqibnzi