[Q] I Think I Broke It. :(

Search This thread

whodatdoug

Aug 6, 2010
I woke up early this morning to go use the bathroom. I looked at my phone and saw I had the OTA update to Kitkat. In my droggy state, I hit install. BAD MOVE! I forgot that I was rooted! Ugh! The phone now boots up but after the boot animation, it goes to a screen that just says "Samsung" and it has a blue light in the upper left corner that's steady. Did I just brick this phone? Any help would be appreciated.

Note: It won't even go into recovery. :(

Last edited:

whodatdoug

Aug 6, 2010
Will it go into Download mode? Same as recovery but volume down instead of up.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII with M.O.A.R. v9.0, dkp kernel dated 3/20/2014 and TWRP v2.7.0.0.

Yes. I'm in download now. I downloaded Odin and I'm downloading this 4.4 tar file for Sprint and going to see if I can flash it to the phone. Hopefully, that will fix it.

This is the file I'm downloading: SPR-L710VPUDND8-20140512143014.zip . I should've gone to the library to do this. I'm in the countryside and I have to use the wonderful and always so quick satellite internet.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Yes. I'm in download now. I downloaded Odin and I'm downloading this 4.4 tar file for Sprint and going to see if I can flash it to the phone. Hopefully, that will fix it.

This is the file I'm downloading: SPR-L710VPUDND8-20140512143014.zip . I should've gone to the library to do this. I'm in the countryside and I have to use the wonderful and always so quick satellite internet.

Ha! Just make sure and check to see if the MD5 hash matches after you download it before ODINing it, to eliminate all possible problems.

That's the correct one, and you should be able to get it back running just fine now.

whodatdoug

Aug 6, 2010
Ha! Just make sure and check to see if the MD5 hash matches after you download it before ODINing it, to eliminate all possible problems.

That's the correct one, and you should be able to get it back running just fine now.

Crud! The file came down as a zip instead of a .tar . I went into cmd prompt and renamed it to a *tar file. Odin recognized it but as soon as I hit start, it said "All Threads Completed". It never even checked the MD5. :(

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Crud! The file came down as a zip instead of a .tar . I went into cmd prompt and renamed it to a *tar file. Odin recognized it but as soon as I hit start, it said "All Threads Completed". It never even checked the MD5. :(

You unzip the zip file and the tar is inside it. It doesn't check the MD5, you would have to manually.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

You unzip the zip file and the tar is inside it. It doesn't check the MD5, you would have to manually, unless you Odin a .tar.md5, in which case I believe it would check the MD5 automatically.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Stupid TapaTalk app for Windows 8 will let me choose to edit a post of mine but doesn't have the send button enabled when editing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Will it go into Download mode? Same as recovery but volume down instead of up.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII with M.O.A.R. v9.0, dkp kernel dated 3/20/2014 and TWRP v2.7.0.0.