[Q][HELP]Rooting my device and installing mediatek usb vcom driver.

Search This thread

kryptonify

Nov 15, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hello there,im trying to root my Alcatel One Touch Pop C7 7041d and im having trouble getting my PC to recognize my device in recovery mode. My PC recognizes fine the device when its turned on and in Usb storage mode and such. But when its turned off and in recovery mode my pc fails to recogize the device. I need the PC to read the device when in recovery mode because the root tool(Root Genius) needs it to.

The root process goes something like this.
1. Enable usb debugging on device and connect to PC.
2. Root Genius and PC succesfully recognices the device. And the "Root it" button is ready.
3. Press "Root it". Root progress goes on. Device automatically reboots.
4. And as soon the device boots(shows the boot animation). PC and Root Genius loses track to my device. USB icon on mini tray on PC disappears. After the bootanimation and shows the home screen the usb icon on mini tray is back. And Root Genius says root failed. So i think the root process failed because PC failed to recognize device while in boot animation where root genius needs it to be recognized?

Forget what i said about recovery mode at the top. I know this is a long shot, but Im dying for this device just to get root permission¡¡ So help me¡

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 7041D using Tapatalk