[Q] unbrick galaxy mini?

Search This thread

sahilg009

Mar 23, 2011
so i rooted my phone installed rom manager and flashed something like colckwork rom of hawai mini i switched of my mobile.Today in morning when i tried to tun it on it wont only a black screen no sound no logo no vibration I even tried to remove and insert battery but no luck.I think its a hard brick i got this mobile on 28 feb 2011 and it is still under 1 year warrenty of samsung so can i get a new mobile in place of it or just recover it.(I have the UK system here noot of USA)

can you tell me any way to unbrick it any any one

larryamis

Dec 1, 2008
I have done something similar to my Samsung Vibrant. Rooted and was in process of installing new ROM when on restart got a screen that has Vibrant at the top of screen and Samsung on the bottom of screen then a blank black screen and then goen into a vibrating loop of single vibrate and then another single vibrate and then a triple vibrate and then it starts the loop over again. The only thing I can do is pull the battery to stop it. Anyone know of any thing I can do to correct this or to revert the ROM or anything?
Thank you
Larry

ste1164

Jan 16, 2010
Darlington
Take it to T-Mobile and say when you turned it on it was like this and they might send it off to be replaced.

DN41

Nov 17, 2009
i hate those people who wanna pay their insurance for their silly things and fails!
i hope, tmobile won't take it back.
let's see..it's really hard to brick a phone though.
had some problems with my further hd2 as well..yeah, you get really annoyed but if you chill out, in 99% of the cases you'll find a solution.

DN41

sahilg009

Mar 23, 2011
so guys i live in india here it is called galaxy pop i went to samsung service center and there they replaced my motherboard for free cause it was still in warranty .I will get it next tuesday

May 8, 2011
Heukelum
Had the same, the solution is simple:
Download the newest firmware at samfirmware.com
Use Odin Multi Downloader to upload the firmware to your mobile
(mobile needs to be in download mode, this should still work. Try volume down + home + power)
Just upload the clean firmware and it should be done. The complete guide is placed on the same website on the download page.

sorodocul

Oct 29, 2007
Suceava
Had the same, the solution is simple:
Download the newest firmware at samfirmware.com
Use Odin Multi Downloader to upload the firmware to your mobile
(mobile needs to be in download mode, this should still work. Try volume down + home + power)
Just upload the clean firmware and it should be done. The complete guide is placed on the same website on the download page.
download mode is not available while is bricked, changing the firmware is NOT an option.

debsattam

Aug 19, 2011
kolkata
hi

yeah same thing happen to me

even the samsung survice centre is lame they tell me that it will cost me
so i bring ma set back and do that jig method and it works more than charm i install ma new cyanogen mod and it is working greatly .if u want to find jig method type unbricking galaxy s jig.

it also works for my mini

squalsss

Feb 25, 2011
Just a little german ?!

i hate those people who wanna pay their insurance for their silly things and fails!
i hope, tmobile won't take it back.
let's see..it's really hard to brick a phone though.
had some problems with my further hd2 as well..yeah, you get really annoyed but if you chill out, in 99% of the cases you'll find a solution.

DN41

(I don't have this problem, but...)

And I, I hate little brained guys who says f***king silly things like you. You're not just a little german, you're also a big sucker.
I swear you will have a problem with your phone, and no solution. Really I wish you that.:eek::mad::(

For other people who has this problem, don't worry, your phone is frozen, so they can't diagnose it. Just say you was syncronizing with Kies, and it happend the phone turned off and that's impossible to restart it. They'll just give you a new one or repair it.

ilazially

Aug 28, 2011
HI

try these ways
it works with my galaxy s

Hold down Vol UP+Vol Down+Power, the screen will flash black, continue holding down all 3 buttons, you will see the "phone--!--PC" screen again, continue holding all 3 buttons, the screen will flash black again, release the power button only. This will put you into Download Mode.
If this does not work, open odin. Then connect your usb cable to your phone and computer. While the USB is plugged in and Odin running press and hold volume down + Home + Power. Once the black screen comes (flashes) release the Power Button. It should get into download mode.

Additionally it is possible to get into the Download Mode using a kind of micro-usb connector,
the last thing u can try is the jigs

debsattam

Aug 19, 2011
kolkata
HI

try these ways
it works with my galaxy s

Hold down Vol UP+Vol Down+Power, the screen will flash black, continue holding down all 3 buttons, you will see the "phone--!--PC" screen again, continue holding all 3 buttons, the screen will flash black again, release the power button only. This will put you into Download Mode.
If this does not work, open odin. Then connect your usb cable to your phone and computer. While the USB is plugged in and Odin running press and hold volume down + Home + Power. Once the black screen comes (flashes) release the Power Button. It should get into download mode.

Additionally it is possible to get into the Download Mode using a kind of micro-usb connector,
the last thing u can try is the jigs

Man that volume up and down doesn't support if you have a completely hard bricked phone .
And the jig does works but why use your penny if xda developed a unbricker wich really works for free
I prefer xda undricker the best

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium

sopree

Nov 4, 2011
Hello guys.I have a galaxy mini and i tried to root it.Everything went fine.Then i saw that an application "Rom manager" would be helpful for my phone.
So i installed it(like an idiot).
Then i tried to install clockwork mode (smthg like that from rom manager) and boom!Everything went black.
I tried to go into recovery mode,download mode NOTHING.
I tried to a lot of things but nothing is working.
Odin recognises my phone when i use volume up+home+end!But it stucks on setup.Again tried to do it in that way but still nothing.
Last i tried that jig thing.I bought 3x100k ohm resistors and do it like he says(that video from youtube) BUT STILL NOTHING.
I dont know what to do!
I would be gratefull if some1 could give me an advice to make it to turn on!
Tyyy.

chemicalrage

Oct 17, 2011
This is exactly what happened to me too. Did Service centre repair it for free ? What did you tell them ? Please help. ITs urgent/ Bricked black screen.
so i rooted my phone installed rom manager and flashed something like colckwork rom of hawai mini i switched of my mobile.Today in morning when i tried to tun it on it wont only a black screen no sound no logo no vibration I even tried to remove and insert battery but no luck.I think its a hard brick i got this mobile on 28 feb 2011 and it is still under 1 year warrenty of samsung so can i get a new mobile in place of it or just recover it.(I have the UK system here noot of USA)

can you tell me any way to unbrick it any any one

Redvelocity

Nov 10, 2011
Swanks

Guys trust me ROM manager sux bigtym i tried all the cures bt didnt work. Handed it ova to samsung guys n they replaced my motherboard!

poozt

Jul 5, 2010
Hello guys.I have a galaxy mini and i tried to root it.Everything went fine.Then i saw that an application "Rom manager" would be helpful for my phone.
So i installed it(like an idiot).
Then i tried to install clockwork mode (smthg like that from rom manager) and boom!Everything went black.
I tried to go into recovery mode,download mode NOTHING.
I tried to a lot of things but nothing is working.
Odin recognises my phone when i use volume up+home+end!But it stucks on setup.Again tried to do it in that way but still nothing.
Last i tried that jig thing.I bought 3x100k ohm resistors and do it like he says(that video from youtube) BUT STILL NOTHING.
I dont know what to do!
I would be gratefull if some1 could give me an advice to make it to turn on!
Tyyy.

This!!!

rooted phone!! installed Titanium Backup pro, rom-manager (though i didnt use it).

First i removed yahoofinance.apk thingy... it went black but recovered to charging mode (battery charging screen)... odd i thought.. and (like a idiot) booted up and removed livebackground forest thingy... now!
Pitch black, no state of recovery.
Just thist:
Vol up, home and power button. makes it visible to windows and odin.. KIES failes to connect it...

Its almost like... i got one first warning.. and then samsung decided to **** me!
is it somekind of "security lock"?, its not like i removed the kernel.

EDIT: so.. im messing around... The only thing that one really gets comunication with is the modem circuits, so it looks that way... But then what do i know...
ODIN connects to the same com-port as the samsung modem reports having in device manager!, so i asume this is unit it uses to when transfering the data, flashing.
Other: i get some different behaviors... etc, i would use "volup, home and power" to make it visible in win and then i could just use the power button to get the connection on and off (or rather reset! since i just one time got it to actually stay disconnected).
Now on the other hand i cant use the just the "Vol up" button combo, i have to press both Vol up and down with pwr and home to get it to connect with drivers and show up in ODIN etc..
In some cases u have to have battery unpluged and show it in while holding button combo and sometimes u dont..

I cant make out anything out of this, but maby some of u guys can!?

Last edited:

chemicalrage

Oct 17, 2011
Rom Manager screwed your phone. Not uninstalling forest wallpaper.

I got my phone hard bricked because of ROM manager. I have given it to the service center. Waiting for them to fix it.

genieass

Aug 11, 2011
Kochi
Is there any other option before we go to the service center??
I mean to fix it alone... :(

If the phone is hard bricked (no download mode, no battery charge indicator when power plugged in), you really do not have a choice.

While people claim to be able to use jtag / USB jig (see the only thread started by me in the accesories section of this miniforum), I do not have clear answers in that thread.

sopree

Nov 4, 2011
If the phone is hard bricked (no download mode, no battery charge indicator when power plugged in), you really do not have a choice.

While people claim to be able to use jtag / USB jig (see the only thread started by me in the accesories section of this miniforum), I do not have clear answers in that thread.

That jig thing doesnt work..pfff

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am a new user to android recently i had rooted my phone galaxy pop android 2.3.6 and I have downloaded chain?
    Please help me the problem is that I want to play games on my phone scince galaxy pop is not a hi end phone and it cant run games like asaphalt 6 and temple run i had heard that chain fire 3d can solve this problem so i downloaded it when i clicked install cf3d driver it said that installing it may let your phone not to boot and you may have to reflash your firmware or to backup your cwm I dont know anything about it and how to do it please tell.me and suggest me some apps to do it and if my phone didn't start well
    Will it mean dhat
    My phone is bricked

What do you mean by your phone is bricked? If it boots up, it is not bricked. If you can enter download mode (vol down + center button + power when phone is powered off), you are having a soft brick. If phone shows the battery logo when connected to USB / charger when switched off, it is only a soft brick.

In all these cases, you can download ODIN and a stock firmware ("stock firmware" = samsung official firmware) from some unofficial sources - like samfirmware - and get phone back working. Search this forum for the work "ODIN" on how to do this.

Once the phone is working, simply install ClockWorkMod RECOVERY using ODIN. This is the simplest and safest method to root your phone.