[Q] Windows phone 8.1 issue on samsung ativ s

Search This thread

enryblack8

Apr 15, 2014
Hello! Yesterday I tried to update to windows phone 8.1, but it bricked my phone! Now When I turn up it, it begins the update (gears appear) for some seconds then it shuts down. If it's in charging it reboots. The first time, a sad emoticon appeared while I was updating (like the windows 8 blue screen's one). Now I don't know what to do. I tried to follow this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2391138 but the links don't work. and I can't download from the russian site. Don't know what to do! Thanks to all will help me!

s_habet

Apr 15, 2014
Hello! Yesterday I tried to update to windows phone 8.1, but it bricked my phone! Now When I turn up it, it begins the update (gears appear) for some seconds then it shuts down. If it's in charging it reboots. The first time, a sad emoticon appeared while I was updating (like the windows 8 blue screen's one). Now I don't know what to do. I tried to follow this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2391138 but the links don't work. and I can't download from the russian site. Don't know what to do! Thanks to all will help me!

Go to the last page, a friendly user posted the links once again :)
I'd recommend to Flash Gdr2, so you can interop-unlock your phone, but this is not necessary!
Best regards!

enryblack8

Apr 15, 2014
thank you :) but...

I'd recommend to Flash Gdr2, so you can interop-unlock your phone, but this is not necessary!
Best regards!

Oh, thank you! Can anything go wrong? I don't know the % of remaining battery on my phone. If something goes wrong, should I try again until it works? ...and, another thing: considering my situation, do I have to select a recovery in the program.

Ps is the csc unic in a state? For example what is the italian one?

Sorry for all these questions and thank you again!

enryblack8

Apr 15, 2014
Best regards!

uh, another thing. I've got problems with drivers. Could I install a more recent version. The guide in that article you linked me, doesn't work. :(

s_habet

Apr 15, 2014
Hey ?

Actually, I'd recommend to ensure that the battery is full. I think if the flashing was interrupted and thus the mobile didn't work anymore, you could repeat flashing and it should work, but I haven't tested that and wouldn't recommend it at all!

The CSC is in the mbn (?) file, there are several CSC's to choose from. Look in the Developer forum, there are also CSC that are already interop-unlocked!

For installing the driver, you need to turn off signature checking. You do that by booting Windows 8(.1) and pressing F8, then search the option that temporarily disables driver checking.

Hope everything works fine!

Last edited: