Soft-bricked? Odin passes but still stuck on loadup

Search This thread

BicyclingSloth

Jun 14, 2014
AT & T Galaxy Note 2 SGH-13I7

So I'm at a loss on what to do with my phone at this point..

Everything was running great until yesterday, I attempted to root it, the root attempt was unsuccesful but the phone still worked just fine and It even got shut off and turned on a few times after the failed attempt. But one time it froze up after installing an app and after that the phone got stuck on the boot screen.

So this morning I flashed the stock 4.1.2 Rom and it worked again, then I updated the phone on the device itself. OTA is what you would call it I believe. And now I'm back to where I started. The phone gets stuck on the galaxy note 2 loading screen and it wont start.

I cannot enter recovery mode in order to wipe the settings and clear the cache.
I can enter download mode however, and my attempts at flashing the stock firmware PASS on Odin but the phone only gets stuck on the loading screen again afterwards :(

Does anyone know what I should do?
Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch :)

Is there any way I might be able to enter a recovery mode using an micro SD card?

Last edited:

note2nooby

Dec 20, 2013
To which rom you updated? Know that from newest version there is no going back.

Sent from my GT-N7100

Last edited:

BicyclingSloth

Jun 14, 2014
To which rom you updated? Know that from newest version there is no going back.

Edit : there's a way(maybe) to get to download mode. But not sure if it will work on your phone. There is a thing called jig kick USB. You can build one yourself.

Sent from my GT-N7100

Thats probably my problem then. I was running 4.3 and the stock firmware I installed was 4.1.

Is jig kick USB used to get into download mode, if thats the case then I am already able to do that. Just not get into recovery mode.

note2nooby

Dec 20, 2013
Yes I noticed later that you can access download mode. So try to flash the rom you updated to but for your carier as your phone is from at&t you should use their rom. I don't have carrier phone so I speak theoretically. But I guess you understand what I mean.

Sent from my GT-N7100

BicyclingSloth

Jun 14, 2014
Yes I noticed later that you can access download mode. So try to flash the rom you updated to but for your carier as your phone is from at&t you should use their rom. I don't have carrier phone so I speak theoretically. But I guess you understand what I mean.

Sent from my GT-N7100

I just got the AT & T ROM from sammobile and flashed it with Odin, it says it passes, but once the phone reboots it just gets stuck on the loading screen again :(

Thanks for your help by the way :)

thirdcoaster

Jun 24, 2014
I'm having the exact same issue, 7100 Sprint. Odin flashes pass but still stuck on SGNII screen, can't flash recovery or ROM. Had 4.1.2 and accepted OTA mistakenly.

R0B3RTF1SH3R

ive had something similar. had odin pass. no cwm / twrp access only stock recovery and stock downloader mode.

you need to flash a stock rom to get it back, then boot into it. connect pc. (a different usb port sometimes) get ODIN to reboot it into downloader mode. I had major problems getting to that point. but got it from flashing a stock rom. I have also had this old CM10 rom that fix's all partitions etc. i cant remember the name of it now.

a couple of times ive had issues getting into custom recovery. when you hold power +vol up + home key. when u do keep holding power. it loops boot and loops back again. when u release. make sure you hold power for like 1-2 seconds on logo. dont release power button before logo appears. wait a second after it appears. get it every time now.

Reactions: Ismaiel2life

sZx1

Jan 7, 2011
USA
Try to flash latest TWRP trough ODIN and check if you can boot in to recovery after that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ive had something similar. had odin pass. no cwm / twrp access only stock recovery and stock downloader mode.

you need to flash a stock rom to get it back, then boot into it. connect pc. (a different usb port sometimes) get ODIN to reboot it into downloader mode. I had major problems getting to that point. but got it from flashing a stock rom. I have also had this old CM10 rom that fix's all partitions etc. i cant remember the name of it now.

a couple of times ive had issues getting into custom recovery. when you hold power +vol up + home key. when u do keep holding power. it loops boot and loops back again. when u release. make sure you hold power for like 1-2 seconds on logo. dont release power button before logo appears. wait a second after it appears. get it every time now.