[Q] Ringtone not muted on speakers with earphones?

Search This thread

hpl912

Nov 5, 2010
Anyone's incoming call or any notification sound are still coming out from the speakers and not the earphones with the earphones plugged in? I'm with the noise cancelling earphones if that's how it's supposed to be?
All my previous phones mutes the speaker and you hear the ringtones/notifications through the earphones when plugged in :confused::confused:

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Anyone's incoming call or any notification sound are still coming out from the speakers and not the earphones with the earphones plugged in? I'm with the noise cancelling earphones if that's how it's supposed to be?
All my previous phones mutes the speaker and you hear the ringtones/notifications through the earphones when plugged in :confused::confused:

Are you sure you plugged jack properly?
Press it till the end and it'll work.

And no, it's not normal to have sound on speakers and earphones in the same time.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

hpl912

Nov 5, 2010
Are you sure you plugged jack properly?
Press it till the end and it'll work.

And no, it's not normal to have sound on speakers and earphones in the same time.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

yes i'm pretty sure it's plugged in correctly as i'm listening to music on it. but incoming call's ringtone plays on the speakers instead and not on the earphones (music just gets muted but no ringtone sound) :rolleyes:

cHoLoCoY

Jul 28, 2010
i have this same problem to,.... I'm using Handcent as my defualt SMS/MMS app,... at first i thought it was an app setting thing but messing around with it,.... i still can't find anything to get around it,.....

I'm using a Sony Smart Headset by the way,...

platosearwax

Jan 4, 2013
Bergen

As I understand it, this is a "feature" of Kitkat (If not Jellybean because it did this to me on my GS3). On my GS3 I rooted it and got around the problem but I can't find a way around it on the Z2. There is an app that forces ringtones to headphones but it does not seem to work on the Z2, at least without root. I don't understand why anyone would want this feature. If I am in the library and listening to headphones I don't need my ringtone blasting away. And it is impossible to hear on a crowded bus.

hpl912

Nov 5, 2010
As I understand it, this is a "feature" of Kitkat (If not Jellybean because it did this to me on my GS3). On my GS3 I rooted it and got around the problem but I can't find a way around it on the Z2. There is an app that forces ringtones to headphones but it does not seem to work on the Z2, at least without root. I don't understand why anyone would want this feature. If I am in the library and listening to headphones I don't need my ringtone blasting away. And it is impossible to hear on a crowded bus.

but that's weird when I had my Z1 running on kitkat it doesn't have this problem... isn't it a hardware issue? so this is happening on all Z2? surprised there was no much complaint about this to Sony... :rolleyes: