[Q] Swap phones via SIM

Search This thread

S1L3nTShaDoWz

Dec 25, 2013
Could I for instance take the SIM card out of my Verizon HTC One M8 and put it in my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 and have it work 100% with calling, texting, data plans & etc without the $25 activation fee? Like would it consider itself activated and I could technically swap phones whenever I wanted and use them to the fullest extent? & If not is there any simple ways or ways to do this or something similar to this?

Reason I'm asking is I like the change that comes with switching phones every now and then & I'm considering buying another phone just so I can do this and or just to tinker around with it.

robocuff

Jul 23, 2011
Yes, switch the sim from one phone to the other and you're up and running. I do it on a somewhat regular basis.

Abe21599

Apr 13, 2009
yes, amazon even sells sim card adapters for like $6 that lets you take your nano sim and put it in a phone that takes micro sim. no charge from VZ to switch, i do this all the time.

S1L3nTShaDoWz

Dec 25, 2013
Hahaha funny, the cocky girl at the Verizon store was all like "Now you know that if you switch the SIM card and put it in another phone it could possibly break it and it will also cost you $25 blah blah blah" Smh. Hate Verizon.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app