[q] att sim gt-i9300

Search This thread

Djinn23

Oct 23, 2010
Hello all.

I have had a friend give me a phone from China. This was already running CM10 when I got it and was the international version of the SIII . I have a work iPhone and took the ATT SIM out and placed it in it. I understand I cannot get LTE connection with this device... but the SIM did not appear to be recognized. I looked and there does not appear to be any unlock process for this phone with this software and I did not believe it was SIM locked as the owner told me he slapped regional SIMs in it when he traveled.

Does this imply hardware failure or am I missing something stupid here?

REgards/

Djinn23

Oct 23, 2010
Thanks for the reply

Try different sims first.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hey THanks for the reply. Any suggestions as to how I can try alternate SIMS. Shoudl I walk into ATT and ask they replace the SIM for my IPhone as it is not working in other phones or should I buy a smart talk prepaid SIM or something. Any suggestions. Sorry for the seemingly stupid questions.

Regards.

Djinn23

Oct 23, 2010

I tried two att sims with no lucka nd one tmo. I took it to a shop where theyb replaced the reade and still no dice. Technician claimed bad radio flash, but the networks are seen... seems like sim reader. The other thing I noticed is that the device says wcdma on in. I know the chia carrier is gsm and the phone is supposed to be. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Free mobile app

Djinn23

Oct 23, 2010
not to resurrect but....

So I have had some updates. I took it to a local shop who attempted to replace the reader and said that a new one had the same issue. I then spoke with my friend who gave it to me and he mentioned some CM issue with SIMs being recognized. I updated the ROM and it worked well for a couple of days. THen I started having intermittant instances of the same issue..... until it completely recurred again.

I have taken it appart and resat the connection (thinking the repair guy didnt do it well and maybe that was my issue) but had no differnt results. I have tried a new ROM (SlimKat) and a couple of Kernels. I have not gotten into modem flashing yet as I am still trying to parse and understand the data there.

The Repair guy thought the modem was misflashed and that the installer who flashed CM11 messed it up. He suggested getting a Stock carrier ROM on there. I thought he was full of it and did not know what he was talking about... esp considering there is no domestic (US) carrier image for the 9300.

Thoughts or options? I have an i747 that I have been using but it does not have an unlocked SIM yet and I have been struggling to make that happen (EVEN WITH A CARRIER PROVIDED CODE??!!!).

Thanks in advanced for any assistance/insight you can provide.

Regards

J

Darke5tShad0w

Nov 18, 2013
TheXboxCast
So I have had some updates. I took it to a local shop who attempted to replace the reader and said that a new one had the same issue. I then spoke with my friend who gave it to me and he mentioned some CM issue with SIMs being recognized. I updated the ROM and it worked well for a couple of days. THen I started having intermittant instances of the same issue..... until it completely recurred again.

I have taken it appart and resat the connection (thinking the repair guy didnt do it well and maybe that was my issue) but had no differnt results. I have tried a new ROM (SlimKat) and a couple of Kernels. I have not gotten into modem flashing yet as I am still trying to parse and understand the data there.

The Repair guy thought the modem was misflashed and that the installer who flashed CM11 messed it up. He suggested getting a Stock carrier ROM on there. I thought he was full of it and did not know what he was talking about... esp considering there is no domestic (US) carrier image for the 9300.

Thoughts or options? I have an i747 that I have been using but it does not have an unlocked SIM yet and I have been struggling to make that happen (EVEN WITH A CARRIER PROVIDED CODE??!!!).

Thanks in advanced for any assistance/insight you can provide.

Regards

J

Flashing CM doesn't touch the modem, most asop roms don't.
Try flashing stock which should reset everything.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.