[Q] Chosing Nexus vs S2

Search This thread

indomitable12345

Apr 23, 2012
Hi, I am from india and we don't have galaxy nexus over here yet. However, i can get a phone from US through ebay at around the same cost as S2. The difference is S2 is available in India with an year of warranty. Nexus however is available with a US warranty of an Year which i might avail of through relatives in US. The main advantage of Nexus for which i am considering it is its brilliant display and pixel density and the fact that Jelly Bean would be definitely updated on Nexus. Can you guys suggest if i should go by the jelly bean update and display of nexus and get it from US or I should get S2 in india? Just need your opinion guys as I am really concerned that if Jelly Bean is released this year, then, spending this much amount on an ICS phone won;t make sense...

Thank you in advance :)

androidrealsteel

Mar 9, 2012
In my opinion, go ahead and buy the galaxy s2 coz i think its better than the galaxy nexus, in terms of camera, battery life and performance. Galaxy S2 with ICS gives better performance than the nexus.

Coming on having jelly bean, it is being anticipated that if Google does release jelly bean this year, it will be an upgrade to honeycomb that is jelly bean will be only for tablets. I am not 100% sure about this, but if you research more on the internet, a lot of websites say that it is likely to be just for android tablets.

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

also i m pretty sure that if galaxy nexus gets the jelly bean update, the galaxy s2 will also most likely get it.

MultiLockOn

Jan 14, 2012
The s2 has better battery, camera, and procesor (assuming youre getting the exynos model, snappdragon sucks). Not to mention itll be getting an ics uodate....eventuaaalllyy. The display on the nexus isnt that great anyways considering its pentile. S2 for suuuuuure

Reactions: indomitable12345

indomitable12345

Apr 23, 2012
Thanx so much

Thanx so much for your quick response guys...just one more questions...You think its good to get the already available Galaxy S2 instead of waiting for Sony xperia P?

Thanx very much!!

indomitable12345

Apr 23, 2012
S2 is about an year old

Guys, S2 is a brilliant phone for the price its available now. But, does it make sense to buy such an old model phone now or wait for xperia P or HTC one S in that price range? Further, which of these models or the current phones do you think stands the chances of getting a jelly bean update (except the nexus of course!!) when it is out as i can't change me phone so frequently as google releases new updates.

Thanx in advance for your help!! I want to join the android community soon :)

cepcamba

Feb 26, 2012
Guys, S2 is a brilliant phone for the price its available now. But, does it make sense to buy such an old model phone now or wait for xperia P or HTC one S in that price range? Further, which of these models or the current phones do you think stands the chances of getting a jelly bean update (except the nexus of course!!) when it is out as i can't change me phone so frequently as google releases new updates.

If you want a phone that has a high chance of getting a jelly bean update then go for Sony Xperia S (don't get the Xperia P!!!). it was released with 2.3 but ICS is on the way.

BUT take note that the old Xperia X10 started from 1.6 and got updates all the way to 2.3. In my opinion, Sony has a good reputation in updating their flagships.

But if my options are limited to the S2 and the Nexus then of course I'll be getting the S2. It's better overall and dev support is great.

Reactions: indomitable12345

indomitable12345

Apr 23, 2012
can't buy S3 or Xperia S

Many thanx for your replies. The problem is both xperia S and one X and S3 would be beyond my budget. If i just have a choice of S2, Xperia P, one S, Atrix 2 or equivalent phone in that budget, then which phone would have the highest chance of getting a jelly bean update and which one do you think would be better.

mihir23

Apr 25, 2012
If you are impatient then go for gs2 but if you can wait till sometime next month ( I think its may 3rd), samsung will announce galaxy s3.
You would be much better off getting that as it has a //Rumor// 1.4 ghz quad core processor and a 12 MP camera //Rumor//

D

Deleted member 4571279

If you dont wanna wait S3 then my sugestion is to buy S2. Because nexus and s2 have same specs. Well display on nexus is better, but i dont think that you should buy it just because of bether display. And about the Jelly Bean update i read somethin it will be just for tablets.
CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG!!

cepcamba

Feb 26, 2012
Guys you're not really paying attention. He said he CAN'T afford the One X and the Xperia S, how much more the Galaxy S3????

My suggestion is to go with the Galaxy S2 or the One S. Whichever is cheaper.

Goodluck on your purchase! ;p

215aphilliate

Jul 22, 2010
Brooklyn
i have a Galaxy Nexus & Galaxy S II and i personally think the gnex is better. The overlay on ics for the gs2 is bad and it looks exactly the same before the update. the Gnex is guaranteed jelly bean the same day that the new nexus phone is released just like the nexus s got ics when the gnex came out. specs are the same but the gs3 is coming soon and the gs2 will fade shortly there after.

Galaxy Nexus>>>

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In my opinion, go ahead and buy the galaxy s2 coz i think its better than the galaxy nexus, in terms of camera, battery life and performance. Galaxy S2 with ICS gives better performance than the nexus.

Coming on having jelly bean, it is being anticipated that if Google does release jelly bean this year, it will be an upgrade to honeycomb that is jelly bean will be only for tablets. I am not 100% sure about this, but if you research more on the internet, a lot of websites say that it is likely to be just for android tablets.

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

also i m pretty sure that if galaxy nexus gets the jelly bean update, the galaxy s2 will also most likely get it.
    The s2 has better battery, camera, and procesor (assuming youre getting the exynos model, snappdragon sucks). Not to mention itll be getting an ics uodate....eventuaaalllyy. The display on the nexus isnt that great anyways considering its pentile. S2 for suuuuuure

If you want a phone that has a high chance of getting a jelly bean update then go for Sony Xperia S (don't get the Xperia P!!!). it was released with 2.3 but ICS is on the way.

BUT take note that the old Xperia X10 started from 1.6 and got updates all the way to 2.3. In my opinion, Sony has a good reputation in updating their flagships.

But if my options are limited to the S2 and the Nexus then of course I'll be getting the S2. It's better overall and dev support is great.