[Q] Unrooting my HTC One

Search This thread

Faderskibet

Feb 3, 2014
Hi Guys, I just got the phone (international/ non-carrier version) yesterday. Updated it to 4.3, and rooted it, following the guide from HTCOneRoot.com.
Everything is fine and dandy, as when I rooted my previous phone. But in my sheer eagerness, I didn't find out that the 4.4 was available also.
I now have a rooted phone, and I can't update it, as it goes directly to TWRP recovery when I try to install. I guess this is what it's supposed to do?
From what I can read you cannot install OTA when you have rooted your phone.

So I tried looking up how to unroot it. But this seems like a rather difficult project, and I am not sure I understand. From what I read I need to download a RUU, to install a stock rom(?) and I tried looking up this, but there are tons to select from, and I haven't the slightest clue which matches my phone. Can anyone be of assistance, as to how I can revert my root and update to 4.4, so I can root my phone with the latest android, instead? I'm not really interested in getting a custom rom on my phone.
Guess I should've read more about rooting before doing it, as I'm kind of a novice, but I'm more a trial and error kinda guy :(.
Thanks.
Edit: Or should I just find a custom "stock" KitKat ROM, and install that, from my current position? Is that even possible?

Feb 3, 2014
Sort of an answer

Hi Guys, I just got the phone (international/ non-carrier version) yesterday. Updated it to 4.3, and rooted it, following the guide from HTCOneRoot.com.
Everything is fine and dandy, as when I rooted my previous phone. But in my sheer eagerness, I didn't find out that the 4.4 was available also.
I now have a rooted phone, and I can't update it, as it goes directly to TWRP recovery when I try to install. I guess this is what it's supposed to do?

So I tried looking up how to unroot it. But this seems like a rather difficult project, and I am not sure I understand. From what I read I need to download a RUU, to install a stock rom(?) and I tried looking up this, but there are tons to select from, and I haven't the slightest clue which matches my phone. Can anyone be of assistance, as to how I can revert my root and update to 4.4, so I can root my phone with the latest android, instead? I'm not really interested in getting a custom rom on my phone.
Guess I should've read more about rooting before doing it, as I'm kind of a novice, but I'm more a trial and error kinda guy :(.
Thanks.
Edit: Or should I just find a custom "stock" KitKat ROM, and install that, from my current position? Is that even possible?

Hey man, so to find the right ruu go here htcdev webiste, go under kernel source code and then choose device as the one and then choose carrier and download one of the matching ones.

For the other stuff I'm in the same boat as you. Just waiting for answers...I would try looking at youtube and type how to unbrick htc one and try those first. Didn't work for me but might for you.

Reactions: Faderskibet

Faderskibet

Feb 3, 2014
Hey man, so to find the right ruu go here htcdev webiste, go under kernel source code and then choose device as the one and then choose carrier and download one of the matching ones.

For the other stuff I'm in the same boat as you. Just waiting for answers...I would try looking at youtube and type how to unbrick htc one and try those first. Didn't work for me but might for you.

Thanks. I'll look that up.
I am not bricked, as the situation is now. I just have a rooted phone, working with 4.3. And I want to upgrade to 4.4.

So I guess I have to choose HTC as carrier? I live in Denmark and am unsure whether to choose EU or EU NFC as region? Also what kernel version do I want to download? I am somewhat unsure what to do next.

Last edited:

Uxepro

Oct 18, 2013
Impruneta
I am not bricked, as the situation is now. I just have a rooted phone, working with 4.3. And I want to upgrade to 4.4.

So I guess I have to choose HTC as carrier? I live in Denmark and am unsure whether to choose EU or EU NFC as region? Also what kernel version do I want to download? I am somewhat unsure what to do next.

Do a fastboot getvar all, and choose the RUU that matches your MID and your CID

Reactions: Faderskibet

Faderskibet

Feb 3, 2014
I've only rooted my phone so far. From what I understand I can just install a "custom 4.4" from this point, right?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sort of an answer

Thanks.

Do a fastboot getvar all, and choose the RUU that matches your MID and your CID