[Q] unlock failed

Search This thread

Victor Gtz

Feb 10, 2014
Hi XDA guys, so i have this trouble and i don't know what to do, the problem is that my phone get bricked after updating whatsapp and now i can only boot the phone into fastboot an when i try to unlock the bootlader i get this, so help me please!!

Code:
(bootloader) BLKDISCARD ioctl /dev/block/mmcblk0 fail
(bootloader) Erase userdata fail
(bootloader) General Unlock failure!
(bootloader) OEM unlock failure!
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 8.603s

5m00v3

Nov 26, 2013
Hamburg, DE
Hi XDA guys, so i have this trouble and i don't know what to do, the problem is that my phone get bricked after updating whatsapp... [/CODE]

Hi, maybe you could give us some more clear infos of what you have done exactly...
Why you want to unlock your bootloader?
Try to reflash an original firmware with RDS and if you want root use "TwerkMyMoto"...

Victor Gtz

Feb 10, 2014
Hi, maybe you could give us some more clear infos of what you have done exactly...
Why you want to unlock your bootloader?
Try to reflash an original firmware with RDS and if you want root use "TwerkMyMoto"...

Well mi phone was working fine with stock firmware and locked bootlader, so i recive this whatsapp update and after this installation the phone shut down and get on again but with the boot logo of motorola and get stuck in it, and if i enter in fastboot non of the options work only the phone gets frized, so i was triyin to unlock the bootloader, for a chance to fix the problem with an update via RSD, but when i try to unlock the bootlader it gives me the error as i mention in the first post and i dont know what do :(

5m00v3

Nov 26, 2013
Hamburg, DE

Victor Gtz

Feb 10, 2014

thiagomtl

Aug 16, 2011
Recife
Can you enter recovery? Selecting it in the fastboot menu, what happens? In RSD does it flashes and only in the reboot portion it fails? Did you try to turn it on without the external SD card?

As far as i can tell the device is trying to use the linux discard command, it seems like a wipe that gone wrong.

Victor Gtz

Feb 10, 2014
regnotp synagogue

Can you enter recovery? Selecting it in the fastboot menu, what happens? In RSD does it flashes and only in the reboot portion it fails? Did you try to turn it on without the external SD card?

As far as i can tell the device is trying to use the linux discard command, it seems like a wipe that gone wrong.

Hi thiagomtl let me answer your questions, when i try to enter in recovery the phone gets stuck again with the motorola boot logo and after a while returns to fastboot mode, and when i try to flash whit RSD in the step 4 that is reboot, on the phone stays a command that says Rebooting Droidboot and nothing happens, and yeah when i do this operaions i always remove the sim card and the sd card :(, so if you now something ill appreciate a lot it!!

ismael_mj23

Jul 27, 2007
I'm having the exact same problem!!

What I did was that when it gets stuck waiting for reboot I did reboot it manually into fastboot mode again and process continues. The problem is that it gets stuck again when flashing the system partition. Bootloader won't let me erase the partition nor flash it.

Tried unlocking the bootloader and:

FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 9.666s

Is there a way to know the original provider of the phone, to make sure I'm using the correct firmware?

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
I'm having the exact same problem!!

What I did was that when it gets stuck waiting for reboot I did reboot it manually into fastboot mode again and process continues. The problem is that it gets stuck again when flashing the system partition. Bootloader won't let me erase the partition nor flash it.

Tried unlocking the bootloader and:

FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 9.666s

Is there a way to know the original provider of the phone, to make sure I'm using the correct firmware?

You got a serious bug. There is a huge change your device is now broken beyond repair, i hope not. But can u access the recovery partition? Can u flash a custom boot image?

z720

Jan 4, 2009
You got a serious bug. There is a huge change your device is now broken beyond repair, i hope not. But can u access the recovery partition? Can u flash a custom boot image?

I also having the same problem after force power on/off when hang during TWRP format. Now the unit in hard brick. If able to force temporary boot into recovery using ram instead of rom, might have some hope. But it looks like no way to boot from ram. :crying:

Bob MIe

May 2, 2015
same prob as victor gtz

fsd lite freezes at step 4, unlock bootloader doesnt work and so on and so forth, so anybody got a clue what to do?

Neyzik

Sep 25, 2015
Dudes
Same problem here, rsdlite didnt work for me and the bootloader cant be unlocked with the same error message. Theres any way to solve this? i read once that you can recover the android from the dead even if the boot isnt working, maybe thats not true at all.....

Last edited:

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
Dudes
Same problem here, rsdlite didnt work for me and the bootloader cant be unlocked with the same error message. Theres any way to solve this? i read once that you can recover the android from the dead even if the boot isnt working, maybe thats not true at all.....

It's true, but not for all devices. And if u have the above, the nand memory is broken. That can only be repaired by some kind of powercycle on chip level or anything.