[Q] ADB device offline

Search This thread

HoboJr

Jul 24, 2011
So I can't get my M8 online in order to use the firewater exploit. USB debugging is enabled, I do have temp root with WeakSauce, USB debugging is enabled, I've authorized my computer, yada, yada, yada. Every time I enter "adb devices" in the command prompt, it's recognized but shown as offline. Removed all HTC sync software and started over twice now, each time, same result.

Any suggestions?

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
Sounds like you have old version of adb.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: HoboJr

ickedmel

Jul 10, 2010
The drivers are installed correctly?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Nov 21, 2012
You have an older version of adb that won't ask for the rsa key and therefore will show offline. Google adv 1.0.31 and you should find a small package that has it.

justin94

Oct 31, 2010
Reboot computer and phone and try again

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app

Karl

Nov 27, 2009
California
someone else had this issue, try these drivers hope your 64bit :p

Attachments

• HTC_drivers_Win7_x64.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,905

HoboJr

Jul 24, 2011
Yeah! Was old adb and there was something weird happening with my drivers. Had to install three times. It's always the something simple! Thanks, all! Time to start tinkering...

dbroadus2007

Aug 18, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
Yeah! Was old adb and there was something weird happening with my drivers. Had to install three times. It's always the something simple! Thanks, all! Time to start tinkering...

I still cant get past after the script starts to s off. My device always disconnects from ADB, then i have to start over again. I can not get my device to stay connected.

teknode

Mar 28, 2014
On my phone USB debugging is enabled, but for some reason the phone shows up as offline unless I disable and reenable USB debugging. After that it comes up fine until the phone is removed. Is there a way to fix this?

faded03cobra

Mar 23, 2012
I have tried everything that I know. My device is always offline. Ive reinstalled everything several times, restarted my phone, computer, etc. Anybody know why this is or what I can do to fix this so I can s off and root?

Nov 21, 2012
I have tried everything that I know. My device is always offline. Ive reinstalled everything several times, restarted my phone, computer, etc. Anybody know why this is or what I can do to fix this so I can s off and root?

update your adb. Device offline means you havent accepted the authorization key on your phone and you will not see this prompt unless your adb is up to date.

Sep 26, 2014
adb 1.0.31

Resurrecting this thread because it helped me resolve the "device offline" issue.

I'd been using an old version of adb.

Updating to 1.0.31 gave me the authorization prompt, and the device now works as it should.

Philips9

Dec 24, 2011
adb device offline

I had update my adb to 1.0.31, htc one m7 with debug usb enabled, but still device offline :crying:
Can anyone help me???
Untitled.jpg

internetname

Dec 1, 2010
Oakland, CA
Having issues as well. Updated ADB to 1.0.32. Downloaded latest HTC Sync for drivers (Mac). adb devices shows:

List of devices attached
HT35ZW911892 offline

Tried disabling and re-enabling USB debugging but no luck

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
Having issues as well. Updated ADB to 1.0.32. Downloaded latest HTC Sync for drivers (Mac). adb devices shows:

List of devices attached
HT35ZW911892offline

Tried disabling and re-enabling USB debugging but no luck
Adb kill-server
Reboot phone

Then
adb devices
See what you have now. You may need to unplug your phone and go into dev options and revoke auths before trying again.

drumz0rz

Mar 22, 2011
I'm still having issues trying to get ADB to work for me. I previously had an HTC Droid DNA which I had ADB working on this computer, so I suspect there's something lingering screwing me up. I've gone through and removed any trace I could find of HTC drivers, HTC applications, ADB, etc.

I installed the latest HTC drivers, and uninstalled the Sync Manager. I verified my ADB version is 1.0.31. I have enabled developer options and unknown sources. When I plug my phone in, it says 'USB debugging connected" but I have NEVER been able to get it to prompt me to authorize my computer or anything like that. 'adb devices' shows nothing every time. I'm still running 4.4.2 everything stock (no OTAs) and have S-OFF via Sunshine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

update your adb. Device offline means you havent accepted the authorization key on your phone and you will not see this prompt unless your adb is up to date.
    Sounds like you have old version of adb.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    The drivers are installed correctly?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    You have an older version of adb that won't ask for the rsa key and therefore will show offline. Google adv 1.0.31 and you should find a small package that has it.
    Try adb kill-server then try again.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk