THE GPS Fix

Search This thread

SGSuser0811

Aug 28, 2011
What do you have your timeout and accuracy set to? I have been searching for something to make this GPS work and your fix is getting some good reviews.

Kadin

Sep 23, 2007
California
PROBLEM:
Okay, I was tired as hell of not having GPS. I tried a ton of fixes on the internet, with absolutely no success. supl.google.com, supl.nokia.com, etc didn't work for me.

SOLUTION:
In the dialer type *#*#3214789650#*#* to access either lbstestmode or AngryGPS, depending on your ROM. Make sure Operation Mode in General Settings (AngryGPS) is on MSBASED, and go to the SUPL settings. Set the SUPL server to "h-slp.mnc410.mcc310.pub.3gppnetwork.org", port to 7275, and secure socket on. (Also I think one of the settings needs to be SUPL). Reboot and try again.

RESULT:
Before this I couldn't get a lock within 10 minutes and didn't have the patience to wait longer. Now I get locks in 15 seconds and within 10 meters.

Tell me whether it worked for you.

EDIT: added picture of 2 second lock.

*snipped*

Well I have to say, after I did this all of a sudden I was able to get accurate data in the Angry GPS window as your post showed and my 'Navigation' app that was included within Infused 2.1 got a lock almost instantly. I also tried a different gps.conf prior to this tweak of yours with no luck.

Now, with this server info change and the gps.conf file, it locks almost immediately. Time to see how long it works. Thanks!

[EDIT] Oh and the .conf file I'm referring to can also be found from the link within the thread below. I'm not sure if it actually helped but with these two changes, I'm now up and running like I should be.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1239417

Last edited:

jwl12345

Aug 31, 2011
New York
Well I have to say, after I did this all of a sudden I was able to get accurate data in the Angry GPS window as your post showed and my 'Navigation' app that was included within Infused 2.1 got a lock almost instantly. I also tried a different gps.conf prior to this tweak of yours with no luck.

Now, with this server info change and the gps.conf file, it locks almost immediately. Time to see how long it works. Thanks!

[EDIT] Oh and the .conf file I'm referring to can also be found from the link within the thread below. I'm not sure if it actually helped but with these two changes, I'm now up and running like I should be.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1239417
Yeah, I used that file too but it did nothing, so I left it out of the instructions.

From XDA App on Infused v2.1.0 OCed to 1.6 GHz

jwl12345

Aug 31, 2011
New York
Be easy it works for alot of people bro. Your not the only fix. No need to talk down we can both help out.been here since day one

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium
Not talking down - it could even have affected how much my fix worked...its just that I didn't put it in the instructions because I thought it didn't work.

tyshemi

May 28, 2011
ANKENY,iowa
Not talking down - it could even have affected how much my fix worked...its just that I didn't put it in the instructions because I thought it didn't work.

Just giving ya hell bro. I think for the most part we got er nailed. At least in my opinion

sumeet909

Jul 21, 2009
Reston, VA
In my experience, GPS on Infuse is certainly better than Captivate, but not navigation worthy. May be only to check if there are coffee shops nearby.

Does anyone have experience with both Infuse and Galaxy S2? Can you rely on Galaxy S2 GPS for navigation.

Irierider

Sep 5, 2011
I seem to get good gps, i am in a city though, would this is say improve if i were out in the forest/desert? Also can you get gps when you sent get service like how a gps in my jeep gets signal when my phone doesn't?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
I seem to get good gps, i am in a city though, would this is say improve if i were out in the forest/desert? Also can you get gps when you sent get service like how a gps in my jeep gets signal when my phone doesn't?

Could be that our cars might be having a long antenna with the body too acting as one. Wherein the phone in our hand is way to small to have even a reasonable size antenna.

Irierider

Sep 5, 2011
Could be that our cars might be having a long antenna with the body too acting as one. Wherein the phone in our hand is way to small to have even a reasonable size antenna.

I meant more like the portable gps that are about the size of.a phone and no real.antenna

strychninetwitch

Sep 19, 2011
spirent-lcs was my default. Just leaving it here for reference in case this screws my phone up.

Didn't do crap.

Last edited:

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
I meant more like the portable gps that are about the size of.a phone and no real.antenna

Personally, I feel GPS is an addon to market phone. Its more useful to search around stuff, but not as accurate as GPS units available in market. Plus standalone GPS unit's primary task is to be used as GPS, wherein its just am added benefit on our phone. So comparison between the two may not be apt.

hypnotic2009

Sep 25, 2011
Greetings! Prompt how to enter please in LBSTestMode? * # * #3214789650 # * #* doesn't work. Through Launcher too it is impossible. An android 2.3.4, an insertion matrux portable from Galaxy S through Hellraiser beta 6. "There was an unexpected stop of appendix Service mode (process com.sec.android.app.servicemodeapp). Repeat attempt."
GPS badly works, it is not connected at all to companions more precisely.

kapurcell

Feb 11, 2011
Greetings! Prompt how to enter please in LBSTestMode? * # * #3214789650 # * #* doesn't work. Through Launcher too it is impossible. An android 2.3.4, an insertion matrux portable from Galaxy S through Hellraiser beta 6. "There was an unexpected stop of appendix Service mode (process com.sec.android.app.servicemodeapp). Repeat attempt."
GPS badly works, it is not connected at all to companions more precisely.

I too need to know how to enter this in LBSTestMode or Angry GPS. How do I get one or the other? I've searched for them in Market, but to no avail.

UPDATE: Forget it. I found that you have to turn off GPS for the string to work. Go into settings and choose the location and turn off your GPS.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PROBLEM:
    Okay, I was tired as hell of not having GPS. I tried a ton of fixes on the internet, with absolutely no success. supl.google.com, supl.nokia.com, etc didn't work for me.

SOLUTION:
    In the dialer type *#*#3214789650#*#* to access either lbstestmode or AngryGPS, depending on your ROM. Make sure Operation Mode in General Settings (AngryGPS) is on MSBASED, and go to the SUPL settings. Set the SUPL server to "h-slp.mnc410.mcc310.pub.3gppnetwork.org", port to 7275, and secure socket on. (Also I think one of the settings needs to be SUPL). Reboot and try again.

RESULT:
    Before this I couldn't get a lock within 10 minutes and didn't have the patience to wait longer. Now I get locks in 15 seconds and within 10 meters.

Tell me whether it worked for you.

EDIT: added picture of 2 second lock.

a6898a97-3d74-1123.jpg
    PROBLEM:

SOLUTION:
    In the dialer type *#*#3214789650#*#* to access either lbstestmode or AngryGPS, depending on your ROM. Make sure Operation Mode in General Settings (AngryGPS) is on MSBASED, and go to the SUPL settings. Set the SUPL server to "h-slp.mnc410.mcc310.pub.3gppnetwork.org", port to 7275, and secure socket on. (Also I think one of the settings needs to be SUPL). Reboot and try again.(...)

I used Google SUPL server: "supl.google.com" same port, secure socket ON.
    and it did cut my locking time to 8 sec.
    Just giving ya hell bro. I think for the most part we got er nailed. At least in my opinion

Yeah - the two together work the best as far as I'm concerned.