ICS free ram

Search This thread

LarzGearbox

Sep 18, 2011
I've tried both miui v4 and aurora. I pretty much have less than 10mb free ram all the time. This seems to make multitasking impossible. My music never populates all my tracks.

Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to monitor or fix it?

Sent from my U8800 using Tapatalk

dingdingdang

Mar 8, 2012
Nanjing,CN
OnePlus 9R
my remain 78m,cant play Asphalt 6 Adrenaline HD.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-04-01-09-43-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-01-09-43-05.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:

jasonak0s

May 3, 2011
SKG
Ahm, i have around 190mb free ram.. so i think your problem is with some app you have installed.. try installing one by one app to see what app eats your ram.. always with no app running in backround...

LarzGearbox

Sep 18, 2011
Ahm, i have around 190mb free ram.. so i think your problem is with some app you have installed.. try installing one by one app to see what app eats your ram.. always with no app running in backround...

So I ended up wiping and reflashing - problem still there, no apps installed. Weird.

Back to elite rom - over 100mb free.

Sent from my Huawei Ideos X5 using Tapatalk

akeka

Apr 19, 2010
I got 144MB free with there apps running :

Settings
Google services
Wiper app
Android keyboard
Phase beam

Stopa

Jul 22, 2011
if your phone will need more RAM for some programs.. it gonna kills himself unnecessary applications to get more memory.
For example in my CM 7.2 sometimes i got only 20-40mb of free memory, when I launch some game and after few sec I close it, I got about 140-180mb free :]
Android automatically manages the memory... don't worry :)

LarzGearbox

Sep 18, 2011
if your phone will need more RAM for some programs.. it gonna kills himself unnecessary applications to get more memory.
For example in my CM 7.2 sometimes i got only 20-40mb of free memory, when I launch some game and after few sec I close it, I got about 140-180mb free :]
Android automatically manages the memory... don't worry :)

I don't even have enough ram to multitask - I listen to music and play games at the same time on other roms no problems, but ICS roms I've tried don't even keep the media scanner open to populate my music player. I have to open it and wait for ages for each artist to slowly appear in the list.

I guess this is becuase it needs ram to do other things so stops the scanning process.

peixotorms

Apr 24, 2012
Maybe you should try another laucher?

I would suggest trying Go Laucher as it's light and fast.
There is also a option on the drawer to kill aps and free memory.

I do it all the time and get more than 100 Mb free just before running a game or something.

Also please note, than the more widgets you use, the more RAM you will need...