Nexus one update 2.2.2 frg83g

Search This thread

ZetaTre

Jun 24, 2010
Oceanside, CA
@vigorito

As long as you don't flash a custom recovery and a custom ROM, you will still receive OTA. However, after the next OTA, you will lose root and you will have to root again.

Grrrr... Is that for real? I have ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.1.0 installed on mine and I always struggle getting OTA to install. This one doesn't install at all...

Is there a way to "uninstall" ClockworkMod?

pfmiller

May 24, 2010
There is a known issue with the stock calendar of event times shifting when travelling accros time zones. GB has introduced a fix to this issue which allows you to enter a time zone for each event. This is the only change in the GB calendar.

Looking at Android source code at android.git.kernel.org, it seems that this new code can run on Froyo, and I wondered whether it is included with 2.2.2. My question comes after inspecting the 2.2.2 .zip file which includes an update to the calendar and the calendar provider apps.

So, users of 2.2.2, have you seen a new Time Zone field option in the Calendar's Event Entry screen?
I see. No, there is no new TZ field.

Reactions: OferR

cstyle226

Feb 28, 2006
Istanbul
So today, I get an install update now notification. I click it. The phone reboots, and doesn't install anything. Now I am not getting the notification anymore. What is this?

lorenx

Nov 26, 2010
As long as you don't flash a custom recovery and a custom ROM, you will still receive OTA. However, after the next OTA, you will lose root and you will have to root again.

i got clockwork v2.5.1.0, stock rom, and i've just received 2.2.2 notification.

anyway i'm not so sure to install it, i need more guarantees about restoring root permissions...

ZetaTre

Jun 24, 2010
Oceanside, CA
No, it won't work. It will stop in the middle. I even tried dl the image and push it manually though recovery but won't work. It gives an error

Nikos_s3

Aug 10, 2010
I got the update notification too, but I think I will wait for Geo's ROM .

Question: If I update Hboot to 0.35.0017 and something goes wrong, can I revert back to 0.33.0012?
thaaanks..;)

ZetaTre

Jun 24, 2010
Oceanside, CA
UPDATE: so it looks like the problem is elsewhere...

I get the following error message when I try to apply the zip in Recovery: assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/system/app/Gmail.apk", [bunch of hex code hex], [more hex])... And then it abort the update...

At one point I moved Gmail from /data/app to /system/app to free up some space and overwrote the older Gmail: since it's a patch it's probably checking if the apk is the official version... :mad::mad:

Last edited:

n0w4y

Nov 22, 2010
The update notification just popped up!

Do i need the amazonMP3.apk to install the OTA (as it is some kind of a stock app)?
If so, could someone please upload the .apk and the settings folder, so i can put them back in place? I kicked them off my phone...
What will happen if I give it a try without that amazon app? Brick?

Any news about rooting without unlocking bootloader?

Many thanks in advance!

chucky8

Oct 17, 2007
I just got the popup for the ota update to 2.2.2,

i clicked reboot and install,

still 2.2.1...

any suggestions?

ZetaTre

Jun 24, 2010
Oceanside, CA

Do i need the amazonMP3.apk to install the OTA (as it is some kind of a stock app)?
If so, could someone please upload the .apk and the settings folder, so i can put them back in place? I kicked them off my phone...

Many thanks in advance!

It probably would happen to you what happened to me: once it hits the missing or updated app the patch will abort...

In my case I moved the updated Gmail APK from data to system and overwrote the old APK (to free up some data space). When the patch hit Gmail it abort. I tried to rename the APK (same as deleting it, as in your case) and it still abort...

gcbxda

Jan 5, 2009
California
Where can I read the changelog?

AUEhAUEHUAHEUHAEUHAEAE

the day google publishes any changelog for anything, hell will have frozen.

Also, i had just closed the market. installed the update, got back to market. and now flash had a 10.1 update to install. no idea if related.

signal here at works (which usually got me less bars than iphones also on AT&T) is getting five bars. still on edge, but that's at&t fault.

Rusty!

Jan 10, 2010
Portsmouth
hi rusty!
do you mean "updating and loosing root"?
No, downgrading HBOOT

Many thanks in advance!
Yes, you'll need Amazon MP3 back to install. Wont hurt the phone though, just fail.

logger

Dec 11, 2007
Got the 2.2.2 update pushed to me today. I recall getting a similar innocuous update a few weeks prior to getting Froyo last year. Could it be that in part, this update prepares the N1 for the more significant update to follow?

pclewis

Nov 23, 2010
2.2.2 came to ATT in Texas

Came today and was quite uneventful on a stock N1.

Also an update to Flash 10.1 came right after that. Wonder if they are related.

Phil

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good work Google, this is exactly the update we've all been waiting for you to release! :p
    @vigorito

Does it include the new Google Maps application?

Thanks

No, not for me anyway still 4.3.1 for me

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    There is a known issue with the stock calendar of event times shifting when travelling accros time zones. GB has introduced a fix to this issue which allows you to enter a time zone for each event. This is the only change in the GB calendar.

Looking at Android source code at android.git.kernel.org, it seems that this new code can run on Froyo, and I wondered whether it is included with 2.2.2. My question comes after inspecting the 2.2.2 .zip file which includes an update to the calendar and the calendar provider apps.

So, users of 2.2.2, have you seen a new Time Zone field option in the Calendar's Event Entry screen?
    I see. No, there is no new TZ field.
    Mine don't. Is there more alternatives to root frg83g?

Are you leaving the phone powered off until it says "waiting for device".

Sent via Tapatalk