[RECOVERY] CWM-based Recovery 5.0.2.8 for Internal & External SD Cards

Search This thread

Rusty!

Jan 10, 2010
Portsmouth
Quick update of both internal and external SD supporting recoveries to v5.0.2.8

Both .img files in one package: http://www.mediafire.com/file/0auipyswgqdsiah/cwm-5.0.2.8.zip
MD5#: 4f93fab2e4e51ecdb40acc11c9a4ba99

By request a quick explanation of the difference between the two recoveries:

Usually, your recovery image will look on the external SD card for ROMs to flash, and backups to restore, and the external version here is no different. For the most part that is fine and dandy (unless you don't have an SD card I guess), however the stock O2X mounts it's internal SD card as /sdcard, which confuses ROM Manager a fair bit.

The internal version of the recovery mounts the internal storage as /sdcard as well, so ROM Manager can find backups it's made etc.

NOTE: Backups made with v5 are not compatible with earlier versions.

Source Changelog (Built 24/03/12): https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery/commits/gingerbread/

Changes by Me
  1. None this time, as I doubt anyone uses SD-EXT or cares about the splash

Older versions:

All credits to Koush for a hell of a lot of hard work.

Last edited:

xmoo

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2006
Eindhoven
www.Mohammad.Moghtader.net
Was bored, so thought I'd be productive. Here is a build of CWM recovery that uses the internal SD card rather than the external. If you're on a stock based ROM, then this will let ROM Manager interact with the recovery properly.

http://www.multiupload.com/G8I1HD82G6

Coool, just what I needed.
Still havn't found time to buy a good sd-card yet :(

How to enter recovery?

Reactions: Joe4899

nomedor

Jul 13, 2009
Athens
Does the usb mount work?
With external sd if something goes wrong you can take out the sd, copy the rom or kernel you want and then put it back in to flash it, you can't do that with internal memory ;)

19chaosnik

Jun 6, 2010
does this recovery wipe the internal sd card when flashing a new rom and when a wipe is needed.

sorry 4 my english

19chaosnik

Jun 6, 2010
ok sorry, but i'm a noob n english not in android. but how can i undersand only /data. on ly the system gets killed? all my datas like pictures and gameloft games ..... won't be deleted. i want to flash a recovery, but also i heard that the recovery will delet the whole internal sd card.

ok i have to say it i herad it from the first recovery for the 2x.

Rusty!

Jan 10, 2010
Portsmouth
/data is where all things like apps, email, texts etc and are stored, this is what's wiped during a factory reset.

I've never used the stock recoveries wipe, so I don't know if that blitzes the internal SD card, but Clockwork doesn't.

19chaosnik

Jun 6, 2010
ok thanks than let's flash.

i only have to run install-clockworkmod-windows.cmd? in other recoverys it is .bat.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Quick update of both internal and external SD supporting recoveries to v5.0.2.8

Both .img files in one package: http://www.mediafire.com/file/0auipyswgqdsiah/cwm-5.0.2.8.zip
    MD5#: 4f93fab2e4e51ecdb40acc11c9a4ba99

By request a quick explanation of the difference between the two recoveries:

Usually, your recovery image will look on the external SD card for ROMs to flash, and backups to restore, and the external version here is no different. For the most part that is fine and dandy (unless you don't have an SD card I guess), however the stock O2X mounts it's internal SD card as /sdcard, which confuses ROM Manager a fair bit.

The internal version of the recovery mounts the internal storage as /sdcard as well, so ROM Manager can find backups it's made etc.

NOTE: Backups made with v5 are not compatible with earlier versions.

Source Changelog (Built 24/03/12): https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery/commits/gingerbread/

Changes by Me
    1. None this time, as I doubt anyone uses SD-EXT or cares about the splash

Older versions:

All credits to Koush for a hell of a lot of hard work.
    Same as ever, ROM Manager's reboot recovery or hold power and vol- 'til you see ANDROID on the screen.
    Uploaded new version.
    I know I probably shouldn't drag this up, but I just recieved this, and thought it would be fun to share:

cwmtakedown.png
    in this case i don't know how to do...
    i have checked inside the bat file but i don't know which comand use from terminal emulator..

Code:
    adb-windows push psneuter /data/local/psneuter

adb-windows shell chmod 4755 /data/local/psneuter

adb-windows shell /data/local/psneuter 

adb-windows wait-for-device

adb-windows push clockwork-ext.img /data/local/

adb-windows shell dd if=/data/local/clockwork-ext.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7

adb-windows shell rm /data/local/clockwork-ext.img

adb-windows shell rm /data/local/psneuter

Those comands aren't for windows adb?

The best way is:

- copy the desired .img on you sdcard
    - run a Terminal Emulator
    - launch the Terminal Emulator, then type:
    'su' (without quotes) and enter, it will runs the session as Super User.
    then type:

'dd if=/pathto/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7', replacing /pathto/recovery.img by the path for where you put it, for example: /mnt/scdard/clockwork-ext.img for example. Use a File Explorer to see the correct path.

I've already done it it works perfectly. As your phone is rooted and as you make the stuf from the inside you don't need psneuter exploit, so ther's just one command to run.