[ROM][04/26/12] Virtuous Inquisition v4.0.2 :: AOSP-Experience Senseless ICS (4.0.3)

Search This thread

amon87

Apr 22, 2010
Katowice
Thanks. As I write this, a strange problem has occurred on 3.5. I am getting a constant .com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. It won't go away even with a reboot. This is what has prompted me into installing 4.0. Weird because, I hadn't done anything out of the ordinary with the phone. And until this bug, which effectively makes the phone unusable, it was working amazingly well.

Had the same problem. Again, Shnizlon's theme saved my life. Try flashing newest one choosing aosp dialer and phone app. It worked for me.
Somewhere afaik around 665th page there was solution for working beats audio. But since search doesn't work i can't find this...

rmk40

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2010
I'm guessing thus has been mentioned but I didn't see it ,,,, anyone else have their gallery button in the camera app not working ?????

Sent from my HTC sensation 4g using Tapatalk

It's broken for me too.....

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Same here

+1 on the gallery button not working from camera screen.

Thanks for the from rmk40

We missed applying that patch when we switched bases. Should be easy to resolve, since we already know what to change. We'll get it fixed up in the next release (4.0.1).

Edit: Issue created to track this -- http://development.virtuousrom.com/tracker/issues/1094

~~Tito~~

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 30, 2007
Did you happen to see the issue with the conflicting ICS & sense clipboards?

amon87

Apr 22, 2010
Katowice
Ok, found the solution for working beats audio, if anyone interested.
I've uploaded flashable zips from my sd card. These files are tested and working on 4.0. Link's here: http://www.mediafire.com/?qly8aw9kbwb8vck

REMEMBER TO UNPACK THIS ZIP. Then copy the files onto sd card and start flashing according to numers in the filenames.

1. virtuous_inquisition-htc_music-v2
2. 1. Beats_ICS_v4.4
3. 2. Beats_ICS_v4.6
4. 3. Beats_ICS_v4.8

Flash exactly as above!

Reactions: dislplin01

theonlysamiam

Dec 22, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Anyone having any issue with apps not being remembered on the Nova Launcher? For example, I place an app on the main desktop and if I reboot the phone, the app is gone from the desktop (it's still in the library). It's like the Nova Launcher clears everything off the desktop after each reset. Is this normal?

Hey guys! I'm having the same issue here. I've already made sure that none of the apps are installed on the SD card.

Azerox

Jan 26, 2010
Groningen
Updated firmware and ROM, 4.0 also working great.

Only thing i miss is beats audio, that might become a problem :'(

But the overall of the ROM makes up for that for now.

Btw, how can i make a screenshot with ICS?

Nucleotide

May 31, 2011
Replacing an sd card shouldn't cause any issues should it? I don't have any apps installed on the sd so there shouldn't be any issues there. Otherwise all should be good?

G23 Mr Gimp

Jan 10, 2012
Somerset
Tito:

They don't conflict in terms of function from my testing, just in appearance.
From a brief conversation with Flemmard, it shouldn't be too much of a bind to use the AOSP function instead instead of the Sense version as they're essentially the same in terms of functionality as I believe there is only one core Android implementation for the clipboard function?
I'm having a poke about myself, but have literally next to no knowledge of actual coding, but am learning as I go!

Azerox

Jan 26, 2010
Groningen
Ok, found the solution for working beats audio, if anyone interested.
I've uploaded flashable zips from my sd card. These files are tested and working on 4.0. Link's here: http://www.mediafire.com/?qly8aw9kbwb8vck

REMEMBER TO UNPACK THIS ZIP. Then copy the files onto sd card and start flashing according to numers in the filenames.

1. virtuous_inquisition-htc_music-v2
2. 1. Beats_ICS_v4.4
3. 2. Beats_ICS_v4.6
4. 3. Beats_ICS_v4.8

Flash exactly as above!

Working great indeed .. should be on the first post imo :p

amon87

Apr 22, 2010
Katowice
I combined some apps and that's the effect. It works.

Virtuous HTC Music v2 was available through flashable zip as addon for VI 3.5.0, and was available on the first page. Dunno why it disappeared ;) i just dug that out ;)
happy to help! :)

swiftinmotion

Jul 25, 2010
San jose
Damn what can I say. Was very hesitant to upgrade from. 3.5.0 reading issues people were having decided to just upgrade with no wipe, applied stock camera zip u have provided before......

Absoleutely flawless definately noticeably faster in every way. Mad props to VI Team

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    inquisitionkopia.jpg

Virtuous Inquisition is a an ICS (4.0.3) Senseless ROM, meaning essentially all Sense components have been removed in favor of their AOSP counterparts. Everything except the camera app has been replaced. Any work, such as mods or fixes, you would like to contribute would be gladly accepted. The project has one goal, to provide a ROM which is as close-to-AOSP-ICS as possible.

• Based off the HTC 3.32.401.5 *release* base.

• Sense has effectively been removed. Some components may be coming back (such as the camera and music player), as they are better than their AOSP counterparts. I'll provide an option for purists who want AOSP-only-no-matter-what.

• Remaining HTC framework beautifully themed to match ICS by shnizlon.

• Stock kernel, not overclocked.

• Pre-rooted with the latest version of Superuser and modified ramdisk to allow adb remount, mock locations, etc.

• IO optimizations including the use of ext4 with writeback journaling for all mounts and larger read-ahead buffer for improved sdcard performance.

• Automated battery calibration. Just plug your phone in after a wipe and charge it to full (preferably overnight), then let our script do the rest.

• Over the air updates via ROM Manager.

More Information :: Download :: Change Log
    If you download, please take a moment to hit the "Thanks" button and rate the ROM.
    Report bugs, request features and follow general progress of the ROM nearly real time here:

Virtuous Development Tracker
    VI 4.0.2 Goodies by Socali

This post will kept updated with Fixes / Patches / Notes for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

=====

Important Kernel Files Reset for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

SebastianFM Kernel v1.4.1, which is included with VI 4.0.2, comes with Sebastian's own thermald.
    This thermald includes, in my opinion, extremely high temps settings. The problem is that those settings are hard-coded and are not read from the thermald.conf file.
    Other kernels are expecting the default thermald and not this custom one, so they are not overwriting it.

I strongly recommend flashing this before flashing any other kernel. Even in-between flashing different kernels, as different kernels might include other files that need to be replaced/removed.
    This patch will reset kernel related files that exist in the ROM's partition to the original HTC v3.32 default files.
    This does not include an actual kernel - you must flash a kernel after this patch and before rebooting the phone.

Download flashable: kernel-reset-vi402-socali.zip
    md5sum: e8453ea397855c3ecf42030734831a45

=====

Sebastian Kernel v1.30.2 Underclocked to 1.242Mhz for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

(This is the same kernel posted by me before, but in a new package that includes the Kernel Reset Patch, so you can simply download and flash one file.)

This is Sebastian Kernel v1.30.2 hexedited by me to underclock it to 1.242Mhz with a safer (or more conservative) thermald.conf file.
    This gives you kernel closest to the original HTC v3.32 one with Sebastian's MultiTouch fix and ZRAM support.
    I prefer keeping the CPU clock at 1.2mhz so that the CPU stays stable and cool and doesn't drain the battery as quickly.
    I hexedited it instead of recompiling so that I stay as close as possible to Sebastian's build.

Note: This kernel will give you lower benchmark scores (about 5700-5800 AnTuTu score on my phone). This is not a bug, it's a feature..

Download flashable: kernel-v1.30.2-uc-1.242mhz-socali.zip
    md5sum: b4f69d3be2ee48994e785160eb57c452

=====

Ultimate Quad Lockscreen v4 for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

96 Different customization combinations!
    New Aroma based installer - easier to install and choose the options you want.

Options include:
    1) Choose Full-ring (compatible with Accessibility) or Half-ring layout.
    2) Show/hide quadlock when pattern/PIN is set.
    3) Use Volume Keys to Wakeup the phone.
    4) Allow/disable notifications pull-down.
    5) Open one of the following apps:
    AOSP MMS, ChompSMS, HandcentSMS, GoSMS, PansiSMS, Google Voice.

Please note: 4Ext Touch Recovery is required for installation.

Download flashable: ultimate-quadlock-v4-vi402-socali.zip
    md5sum: 1f437396becb2f4847d56e04845d4491

=====

This is the result of hours of effort researching, fixing and testing. You're welcome! :)
    AOSP Phone With Mute Fix for VI 4.0.0 by Socali

AOSP Phone With Mute Fix for VI 4.0.0 by Socali

This is my fix to the AOSP Phone included with VI 4.0.0, that enables the mute button during calls.
    This one took a lot of time and research, but I finally got it! :D
    (For those who didn't know, the phone included in the rom does not mute - bug #984 on VI issue tracker)

Download flashable: aosp-phone-mute-fix-vi400-socali.zip
    md5sum: c14b5714b28e42232991c1694b91e526

This is the result of hours of effort researching, fixing and testing. You're welcome! :)