[Q] help with recovery.fstab

Search This thread

wendorf12213

Dec 25, 2013
Could someone please help me with this recovery.fstab file for the hisense sero 7 lt tablet? It looks like the partitioning is messed up but im not completely sure. Im trying to make a partition file for android kitchen and thats why i need help with this recovery.fstab.

i cant attach the recovery.fstab so i'll copy and paste whats in it

recovery.fstab
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
/boot mtd boot
/cache ext4 /dev/block/mtd/by-name/cache
/data ext4 /dev/block/mtd/by-name/userdata
/kernel mtd kernel
/misc mtd misc
/recovery mtd recovery
/sdcard vfat /dev/block/mtd/by-name/user lun=/sys/class/android_usb/android0/f_mass_storage/lun/file
/external_sd vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /dev/block/mmcblk0 lun=/sys/class/android_usb/android0/f_mass_storage/lun1/file
/sd-ext auto /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
/system ext4 /dev/block/mtd/by-name/system
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for helping me!!

Harmc0re

Sep 8, 2012
Well, I'm also in the progress of trying to figure this out, but try this:
get an ADB shell, or use a terminal app from the Play Store,
and execute:

Code:
cat /proc/mtd

That should give a list of partitions and their dev codes.

Tip: when posting files or code, try to make use of the code tags,
text inside them will be displayed with a monospaced font, so things will be more readable.
See more info here.

wendorf12213

Dec 25, 2013
Thanks for the tip and I figured it out by using
cat /proc/partitions and cat /proc/mtd
those commands gave me the names of the partitions and what block number they are. Credit goes to Abdul_pt for giving me the partitions command credit goes to you hamc0re for helping me with the mtd command

Sent from my Amazon Otter2 using Tapatalk