Mission accomplished. Thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint
Thank you for everyone's help. Because of the community we now have the kernel source we need. Please lock thread.

Recently users started hounding htc via twitter for our kernel source. It seems to be helping. If you want sense 6 on the jewel we need everyone's help. Please post the links to your tweets here to allow everyone to tweet htc as much as possible and remember to use #HoldsTheCode

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint
So here's the deal: HTC has dropped support for the Evo LTE 100%. They'll hardly troubleshoot it anymore. I was told to email them through their contact us page, and to try calling corpoerate in Seattle and to be honest and tell them straight up. Also, it may take up to a week to get a reply. We need all the help we can get.

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint
Progress? Keep it up!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398730682646.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398730682646.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 173

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint
Our army is slowly growing, but we still need more help! If you have the LTE and want sense 6 do your part, retweet our tweets, tweet your own, make sure to use #HoldsTheCode, its what really shows how big we are.

Sent from my EVO using XDA Free mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you for everyone's help. Because of the community we now have the kernel source we need. Please lock thread.

Recently users started hounding htc via twitter for our kernel source. It seems to be helping. If you want sense 6 on the jewel we need everyone's help. Please post the links to your tweets here to allow everyone to tweet htc as much as possible and remember to use #HoldsTheCode

Guys I'm working to get this. For future consideration, all you need to do is send me a PM here or tweet @HTCDev with details.

Let's think about this logically, imagine you take your car to get an oil change, they drain the oil, change the filter and send you on your way without putting oil back in your car. Or they drain your oil and you have stuff you need to do but they leave your car in the air with no oil in it for hours, and won't give you a straight answer on why it's taking so long. You would be rather upset right? Probably talk to the manager of the repair facility? if that didn't work you would talk to his boss right? Now htc released an update, then pulled it, and have yet to release a kernel source. We started with htcdev, that didn't work, we tried mo, still no answer, tried htc and again no kernel source, finally we had to go even higher to Jason MacKenzie, got a very vague response "we are working on it" what is there to work on. The kernel is obviously good since it has worked on the three releases of 4.3 for the evo. We too have stuff we need to do just as you in this imaginary scenario of your everlasting oil change. You need your car. We need our kernel. I'm sorry to say but we aren't going to stop until we get it. HTC has wronged their customers and that is becoming very public information. Hopefully the employees at HTC can rub their 6 collective brain cells together and finally do what is right, not just for their customers but legally as well. If these devs are required to publish their kernel source why is it okay for HTC not to? Is it because they are a big corporation and can afford to pay lawyers if it goes that far. Something needs to be done about the injustice of this situation. HTC needs to take responsibility for their actions, put on their big boy pants, admit they were wrong and release the kernel source.

Sent from my EVO using XDA Free mobile app