xBound HDMI

Search This thread

finty

Apr 28, 2011
Any word on when/if this is to be released?

Also how is this implemented? Would using this give us a hit on performance?

Mar 13, 2012
I really don't understand how there are so few comments on this thread...

I believe that this device is what xperia play owners are waiting for....

For me, one handicap of the xperia play is the lack of hdmi connection... With this, my xperia play becomes complete and gain two more years of lifetime.

How is the state of art of this xbounds?
Is there any release date?
It's going to be sold to general public?
Where to find it?

I want to spend my money now...

My xperia play would be gratefull...

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2012
I really don't understand your point.

First, put one thing in your mind... Things are not to lose. Specially those you buy. If you are lazy enought, and if you try you can lose everything, like your xperia play.

Second, are we talking about the same thing? The gadget is not for extremely lazy. The gadget is for those who turn their xperia play to a pocket multimedia center.

I carry my xperia play to every where, to play games, listen music, see movies, navigate on web...

Wouldn't be wonderful to be on vacantions and connect xperia play to the hotel tv and see a movie that you kept on the xperia play?!

I think yes.

Last edited:

crispyduckling

Nov 8, 2010
nether whitacre
I really don't understand your point.

First, put one thing in your mind... Things are not to lose. Specially those you buy. If you are lazy enought, and if you try you can lose everything, like your xperia play.

Second, are we talking about the same thing? The gadget is not for extremely lazy. The gadget is for those who turn their xperia play to a pocket multimedia center.

I carry my xperia play to every where, to play games, listen music, see movies, navigate on web...

Wouldn't be wonderful to be on vacantions and connect xperia play to the hotel tv and see a movie that you kept on the xperia play?!

I think yes.

haha oops i got directed to the xbound which is like dog tags, that u put ur xperia play by and it just changes the settings, and u can have several of these dog tags eg one for work which turns up the sound, one for home that turns on wifi etc,and one by ur bed which turns the alarm on and puts phone in silent mode etc etc
sorry lol

psxpetey

Still those can be very useful if your a runner or a snowboarder or basically any sport because if you can keep it in ure pocket and just use those tags then you lower the chamce of breaking a very expensive phone those tags dont work on the play as far as I know but when they come out they better come in a pack of 10 for under 40 bucks or its a waste of money

Sent from my R800a using XDA App

swebosdev

Aug 30, 2011
If there was a perfect product to hook up a play to a tv i would be excited.

I wont get excited till i have one though. Too much vaporware around these days

Michealtbh

Nov 16, 2010
Belfast
Google Pixel 4
Still those can be very useful if your a runner or a snowboarder or basically any sport because if you can keep it in ure pocket and just use those tags then you lower the chamce of breaking a very expensive phone those tags dont work on the play as far as I know but when they come out they better come in a pack of 10 for under 40 bucks or its a waste of money

If they're NFC tags (which they most likely are) then they won't work with our Play

Mar 13, 2012
Hi All,

I receveid this information from Dreamchip, company responsible for the development of XBounds.

It seems that the dream of connecting XPeria Play to TV could be near... :)

"
Dear Joao,

sorry for the slow reply. xBounds is not available for end-users yet, as it is not
an app that can easily be installed on the phone.

We are talking to numerous cell phone makers and are confident that xBounds will
become available by Q3 this year.

We will let you know as soon the technology is available

Regards"

savage24x

Jul 5, 2011
They require NFC, which the PLAY does not have. It's hardware and cannot be implemented.

Sent from my R800x using XDA

finty

Apr 28, 2011
The xBound hdmi does not use NFC why would it. I think people are getting 2 different products confused.

From the sound of their reply though I don't think we will see the hdmi accessory on the Xplay :(.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why would you lose it lol and for the extremely lazy!? What are you even talking about the best thing about the xbound is no cords and no lag I can not washout till is available

I don't see why this would need NFC either.

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible for the Xperia Play though...

~Troop

On the first: Me either if you just search some on Youtube and then you can find this info on there, almost everything is said about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlx7Z6j_An4

And it's going to be possible to connect xBound to any phone with custom ROMs where it's integrated in some way as I get the information that the guy say.

And it's going to be pretty awesome to finally see a product that can mirror our devices screen through HDMI to the TV, and since it's Open GL based I think it's going to run smooth and not take too much of our gamingperformance away if we hook our device up to the TV thorugh xBound, but I'm just hopeful :rolleyes:
    xbounds release in Japan

Is this thing available yet??

well, some company in Japan called "Liquid Design" officially announced that they will be distributing xBounds 2.0 on 13th November.

since i can't post any links due to the forum rules (this is my first post)
    liquiddesign(dot)co(dot)jp(slash)press(slash)20121113_E(dot)html

"Price and availability:
    XBounds is available in a form of IP core and either users or Liquid Design can incorporate the solution into user products. IP licensing agreement will be necessary in order to deploy XBounds. Please contact Liquid Design for further information."

hope becomes available in europe soon..
    keep waiting guys

I emailed the guys of liquid design and they're replied me back saying:

"Dear Mr. Diego Alvarez

Thank you for interesting Xbounds technology.
    This product is embedded IP software, and not final hardware product.
    We sell the license to use this soft IP to the enterprise, not to a person.

The first end product will be released as a Android Tablet next March in
    Europe, and later in Japan.
    You can buy this tablet with dongle product next year from Tablet vendor.

Best regards

Tohyama"

So we have to wait until March. But for this I think it will definitly be worth the long wait. ;)